The Plague Known As Phenomenon Pt.2

The Plague Known As Phenomenon Pt.2

A Story by Mip/John K. Brierley
"

The killing continues and Mip has called on the help of his old friend Will. This will be through Will's point of view.

"
Read the background info to figure out Will, cause I'm not helping. I just know one of these days someone will be like "How can this person do that?" and I'll just flip out on the idiot. Don't be that idiot. Read the background info.
I wonder why I'm here? Mip said he'd get me here and tell me in person. I painted myself white so I wouldn't be mistaken for anything. No need for a pitchfork through the eye. I told Mip I'd be wearing black jeans, a white shirt, and a trench coat. I'm pretty sure Mip is still wearing his gentlemanly banana suit but maybe he changed. It'd surprise me but I can hope.
I see Mip in his banana suit smoking a weird cigar. I can't stand the things anymore for some reason. I walk over and sit beside him.
"What's up Mip?"
"Not much. This town is looking more towards down than up," he replies sadly.
We spent an hour sitting there, getting stared at as he told me about the town. The town is a haven for criminals and seems to have incest in every other family. Strangely, every criminal cleans themselves up when they come here. Can't be too bad. I never minded incest, it's just a thing. Love is love, lust is lust, b***s are b***s.
"What about gay incest?" Mip says of the blue, smiling.
"What do you mean?" I say, confused.
"What if there was gay incest, like guy on guy, what would your little thing you say be?"
"Just add balls are balls at the end," I reply easily.
He starts to laugh as hard as I've ever heard him laugh. This place must've been hard on him.
"So whose doing this?" I ask when he's done.
"No idea, but he's powerful. Managed to get past my shields,"
"Really? Those things once stopped an army of ghosts. If it wasn't for you, Shadow and I wouldn't have made it out alive."
"Bah, you would've just been possessed. They would've let you go eventually. Why wasn't Grimmer there anyway? She could've taken them all to hell."
"Shadow had pissed her off, remember? Said she couldn't be a ninja, only a reaper,"
"Remember when she fell off the roof?" he says, starting to chuckle.
"Remember when Jacob decided it'd be a good idea to kill a dragon from the inside?"
"Oh god, he came with his jacket melted into him and no clothes!"
We laughed over memories for awhile before a bland gentlemen of such blandness I shall not even try to describe his blandness. All I see is bland.
"Will, this is Mack. Mack, Will."
We shake hands and then Mip decides it is time for business.
"I think the killer is someone who is powerful in this town, but nobody would ever suspect. Mack, is there such a man?"
As they were discussing the possibilities of it, I heard something interesting about half a mile away.
"Mack is with the detectives. We can strike now and kill them in a single swoop." a young excited voice similar to a demon's says.
"How many times must I tell you we can't? They have powerful friends. They'd tear us apart." an old but strong voice replies.
"What can these guys do anyway that's got you so scared?"
"Mip has the power of destiny. And will is superhuman and can hear from a-"
"From a what?"
"Shut up you fool! He can hear us."
"From here? But that's-"
"Shut up!"
Interesting. I'm gonna keep this under my hat so they think I wasn't paying attention.
"-And that is why it can't be him." Mip says sullenly.
"Have any better ideas?" Mack says triumphantly.
"No, let's check it out then." he sighs.
We head off in the direction I was hearing the voices. I don't mention anything but I can't tell which house it is.
"Where we heading Mip?"
"You weren't listening? Course you weren't, probably listening to a couple having sex, you pervert."
"Where we heading Mip?"
"To an old man's home. He was apparently what we would call a pimp before he came here. Now he and the girls he brought with him are married. He himself married one of his own girls, the other girls married other men."
"What's his name?"
"Tyrone, ironically. His wife's name is Beatrice. Strange names, but nice to see this place keeps getting weirder."
"Your opinions of weird are ridiculous. How you think that a dragon is normal but a blue cabbage is weird is ridiculous."
"It was blue, d****t. I don't see the dragon breathing acidic blood at me, do you?"
"Happened to Jacob."
"Bah, he hasn't done half the things he says he's done. I doubt he even had sex with Lilith."
"Before I contradict you, Lilith was the devil part of the Sin Angel deal right? Not the original?"
"Yeah, that's right. Sacrificed herself for him so he wouldn't be controlled as a monster by that prick Dawson."
"Well anyway, we've been on quite a few adventures with Jacob and he's always been on that weird end of the stick no one uses. Remember that Medusa that instead of turning you into stone, became a stone giant?"
"Yes, I remember. I also remember when he was seduced by Aphrodite, fought the hydra, killed the god of blood, and kicked a man around a planet and then flip kicked him into the ground."
"That was awesome."
"Yeah, that was amazing."
"Well, what about Shadow?"
"Shadow fought the god of darkness right? Cause he took Grimmer?"
"Yeah, that's right. Him and Jacob's the only ones to kill gods."
"Yeah, but I killed a legend."
"You killed the headless horsemen. I could've done that. Just stuffed his pumpkin into his stomach through the hole and smashed it."
"Still killed a legend."
"Whatever bro,"
When we arrived at the old man's house, I noticed this first.
The house is pink. Now I want a starburst. I love the pink ones.
Anyway, we knock on the door and find a middle aged man and women. Somehow the man has a full head of hair and the women is still as stunning as most women in brothel would be.
The man has brown close cropped hair, green eyes, and is about 5'10. The women has blonde hair and blue eyes. She is 5'7 and has very noticeable curves.
We all introduce ourselves and then as usual, we ignore that bland guy after that.
I let Mip handle things as I listen for more interesting details.
I get one thing.
"Do you have their hairs?"
Magic if I know it. I look at Mip then notice something. The bland guy's gone.
"Mip, where'd that bland guy go?" I say, shaking him.
"What do you mean, he's right..."
"We gotta find him, and fast."
I run out of the house and start running towards the sounds of magic. Faster and faster I run, knowing I might or someone else will die in a minute. No wonder it got through, this magic can't be blocked once activated.
I see the church around the corner. The magic's coming from there. I burst through through the doors in an instant and pull out my pole in the same motion. I don't bother looking around for a door downstairs and just bust a hole through the floor and concrete and drop through.
I break the pentagram as I smack the magician in the mouth with pole. Then Mip finally comes down from the hole landing with his golden blade-chain out and ready, spinning away, rearing to cut it's victims.
I see an old man, a young teenager, and a man, all with the same color of hair and eyes. All bland.
Of course. They used magic to make themselves bland and unnoticeable.
"Mip? Do we kill them?"
"No, knock them all out and wait for the unimensional police to pick them up. Then we leave and go back to our daily lives."
"Then start knocking them out cause I think I killed the magician and I won't risk another death."
Mip's golden energy lashes out at the three and knocks them unconscious.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What ya gonna do now Mip?"
"Probably catch up with Shadow and Grimmer, you?"
"No idea. I'm single now, remember?"
"Yeah, I remember. That was a horrible war. Cost us all a lot."
"I miss them all,"
"We all do, we all do." he says solemnly.
"Can I come with you?"
"Yeah, I've been needing a partner anyway."
We sit in silence before I finally ask
"How's Jacob coping?"
"He's drinking again. He doesn't do anything else but I think he throws himself into it more. He wishes he never came back."
"Yeah I know. How did they all die? They shouldn't have."
"You know August lived?"
"She did?"
"Yeah, she managed to find a doppleganger and gave her her clothes and ran off. Couldn't deal with the unimensions anymore. Went to some dimension, became a spy for MI6."
"That's good...Mip?"
"Yeah?"
"Let's visit Chelsey before we do anything else."
"We'll visit them all before we do. I missed her funeral anyway. Went insane after, you know."
"Yeah I know. I missed a few myself."
"You know what Jacob would say at a time like this?"
"What?"
"What if the lord of destiny put this story out before anything else. Like our life stories?"
"I wouldn't care. We'll all be written. I don't care for the order of the short events. Only the important ones."

© 2013 Mip/John K. Brierley


Author's Note

Mip/John K. Brierley
Rate away!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on August 7, 2013
Last Updated on August 9, 2013
Tags: Unimensions, Magic, Mystery, Action, William Chev

Author

Mip/John K. Brierley
Mip/John K. Brierley

Deadville, IL



About
I'm a writer with big ideas and no motivation to put them down. Hopefully you don't mind younger me's writing cause compared to current me's, it's ramen noodles. more..

Writing