Large Pieces of A Soul

Large Pieces of A Soul

A Story by Mip/John K. Brierley
"

A man's soul is being denied the right to be whole.

"
For the love of writing, read His Faults first.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to what was once was known as Elysia. In its prime it was colorful, the buildings were tall and wide, the sky blue as a perfect summer night, the roads were a nice white, and the windows were made of various colors of glass, and there were plenty of people, all special in both appearance and personality. 
But now it is black. Everything is black. But as they found out, there are still people. 
And there is blood.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nooj, the Deathseeker, born from John's wish to die a hero, Deimos, John's personality and nothing else, and Fortuna, John's courage. They are searching for Misery, whose name is unknown. 
And they are lost.

"Nooj, why the f**k did we go right?" Fortuna sweetly asks.

"Because it was the best idea at the time?" he replies sourly.

"No, because you're..." she takes a deep breath.

"YOU'RE BOTH F*****G IDIOTS WHO SHOULD LISTEN TO WOMEN MORE! ESPECIALLY THIS ONE!" she screams hysterically.

In the stunned silence that followed a crying could be heard.

"That's Misery crying for sure. You scared her, Fort." Nooj says.

Nooj walks toward the crying without concern for the blood, Deimos follows shortly after, eyeing the blood trail nervously, and Fortuna is still yelling at Nooj, telling him not to call her Fort. She eventually catches up, ignoring the blood.
They arrive at a house with a single light. It's too dark to tell much about the house beyond it being two stories tall. 
Nooj knocks on the door lightly. The light turns off and a sobbing can be heard. 

"She's scared. We need to find her and make sure she's not hurt." Deimos says, opening the door to the house.

Nooj and Fortuna look at each other.

"He's certainly grown some balls." Fortuna says.

"Anyone can have secrets. Some are just more impressive than others, Fort." Nooj replies.

"Quit that."

"Quit what?" Nooj says as he follows Deimos.

"Calling me Fort. It's weird. We're not friends."

Nooj sighs and turns around.

"Fortuna. I've chased you for so long now. I know a lot about you. I know you like to sneak off to the anime section of this place and watch animes. You eat just about anything once except when it comes to your burgers. You are literally the only part of this soul I've found so far that doesn't smoke cigarettes but also one of three that smokes weed. And I know for a fact you know things about me."

"Not that much. I know you're heroic and stuff. I've always known you watched me, but I thought that was to find the perfect time to strike."

"It was but still. What else?"

"I've seen the way you act. You're not only the Deathseeker but the Romantic of John. You really like a good romance. I know for a fact you wiped away a tear at the end of Sword Art Online, the first half anyway. It was really cute. Hell, I know your favorite song is the third ending song of Soul Eater, and you even know the name of it. It's Bakusou Yume Uta, isn't it?"

"Yeah. It is. Your favorite song is Tainted Love, Fort. Why don't we be friends?'

"No. After this, you're leaving me alone. I've never been on my own with you around. It's not very brave to have a guardian angel."

Nooj sighs.

"And you don't even smoke. So it's one of two people that don't smoke."

"I smoke when you're sleeping so you won't smell me."

"And who else smokes weed?"

"Jacob and me."

"You smoke? Wow, and I thought I've seen everything."

"You ever notice your weed stash is a bit smaller?"

"You son of a b***h, I could kill you." Fortuna says coldly.

Nooj laughs and walks after Deimos.

"How do you even know where he went?" Fortuna yells.

A scrambling is heard above them followed by Deimos saying quietly but angrily "Fortuna, quit yelling. She deals with nightmares walking by here all the time, she's scared out of her mind, and you're not helping. I almost got her to turn the light on, now she's taken the light somewhere else in the house."

Nooj walks back over to Fortuna.

"I think it's better if we let Deimos handle this."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deimos walks into a room and sits in the corner. He lights a cigarette and keeps the lighter off. And he begins to talk.

"I don't understand what's going on. I really don't. This feels like a RPG. We have a three man party already and we're about to get a healer it seems like. Maybe I just play too many videogames or something. But there's someone we're missing. A clear villain. I mean, Justice isn't really a villain. I've met her. I see her every now and then. She didn't like John. He was pathetic. He can't be redeemed, she said. Before she did it. I wonder if she meant I couldn't be redeemed either. Ya see, Justice is also John's sense of right and wrong, his morals. He still has them, it's just more automatic now that she's gone. That's not a good thing. We're all pieces of John. Nooj is his wish to die a hero more than anything, along with his romantic, and his image. His soul image that is, none of us is John in physical form. We're seven large pieces of him."

The room is lit up, the light is sitting in the closet but that's enough to see how the house is. It's nice, neat, it's just missing light. If it had light, it'd be a great house. Like right now, this light is a nice relaxing light. Yellow but that perfect shade of yellow. The furniture is nice and comforting, like something out of a kid's movie. The bed is a nice floral pattern.

"Fortuna is a little more complicated. She's his courage but he doesn't use it much, so she's a bit more independent, a bit more of everything. I'm almost certain she's his arrogance as well. And if she wasn't so fit I'd say she was his laziness, but then again, that summer of football made John skinny, and he's certainly not trying to get that pot belly again."

A small giggle echoes around the room. The closet door is eased up nervously and behind the door is a tiny little girl. She's average height really, maybe a bit over. She has pale skin and she's petite, very petite. She's a nervous little thing, her hair is long and black, her eyes are a beautiful green, like an emerald with sunlight shining through it. She has very nice long legs, but that's not on for show.

"Must've caught her sleeping," Deimos thought, as she saw her outfit. It was a large nightshirt of Godzilla hugging a teddy bear and rainbow socks up to her knees.

"You can't be only misery. You must be John's fantasy, but not the naughty ones, the really romantic ones. And if I know John, and I'm his personality, Deimos, I should know this. Your name is Sarah, isn't it. John really likes pale skinned characters, and I got a tan. Go figure."

She giggles and Deimos sees her smile. It's perfect. Her lips are a pretty shade.

"Is that primrose lipstick?"

"Um yeah. It is. And yes, my name is Sarah. So, from what I can guess, Fortuna and Nooj is downstairs arguing. Sorry for running around like that. I don't ever have guests. If you wouldn't mind going downstairs, I'll turn on the power and get changed into something fitting for this situation." she says.

Maybe not such a nervous thing, Deimos thought.

"Um, yeah sure. I'll see you downstairs."

He walks out and heads downstairs, and he thinks "She must be John's kindness as well."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fortuna and Nooj were sitting outside getting high as f**k. There is no other way to describe this and I could try. But that wouldn't properly describe how hilarious this scene is.

"And that darkness represents John's inner angst. And that one represents his love of black. And that one represents that one time at band camp." Nooj says, falling off the steps, laughing extremely hard.

"Wait wait wait wait. Nooj, you and I together represent you ready for this?"

A long pause follows where Nooj finally says, after getting seated again, "Yes, I'm ready."

"John's love of irony. I'm Courage and you're Deathseeker, but you've killed more than me. So you're braver than me."

"No, that's stupid. I can't do those deathda...deathdyfying...really stupid stunts of yours."

"It's death defying, you idiot, god you're dumb."

"I'm dumb? You once tried to ride a goat and it threw you into an ocean!"

"I did manage to ride it though. Hey you wanna make a bet?"

"What's the bet?" Nooj laughs, getting close to her face with his face.

"I bet you can't do a backflip."

"I can too do a backflip. Know what, I'll do a double if you'll go on a date with me."

"Triple and not only will you get a date, I'll cook."

"Ima do it off that building."

"Nooj, are you suicidal? You might die."

"I'm just gonna be jumping off that fire escape, we are pretty tough."

"Alright but it's still a date even if you're in a coma."

"Alright."

Nooj stands up fast and walks up to the fire escape and stops and stares at it.

"Are you scared, Noojy Woojy?"

"No Fort. I just forgot how to jump."

Fortuna laughed really loudly.

"Hey Sarah, look at this. These idiots are high off their asses trying to do backflips." Deimos says somewhere behind the two idiots.

"Should we let this happen?" Sarah asks nervously.

"It'll be fine, look, Nooj has forgotten how to jump and now Sarah can't get up! This is great."

"I guess. Are they faking it?"

"Maybe. No idea. Wait. Nooj jumped up. He's climbing up."

"Nooj. Don't do it! You might get hurt," Sarah yells. "Help me get up. Pleasssseeeee?"

"Nah, I'm doing a triple backflip."

Nooj stands up backwards on the railing and readies himself. He jumps up in the air.
One flip. 
Two flip.
Three flip!
Epic ninja pose.
And epic ninja landing.

"I can't believe you did it Nooj!" Sarah yells, the awe on her face extremely evident.

"I'm...I'm stuck like this now. Sarah help me."

"Finnnneeeee."

"They are high as the sky aren't they?" Sarah whispers to Deimos.

"They could high five the moon right now." Deimos whispers back.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Nooj and Fortuna sobered up and Fortuna realized what had just happened and yelled at Nooj for tricking her and calling him a coward, and Nooj deciding to take a page from the book of Courage, abruptly kissed her in the middle of her yelling, and after more yelling and more abrupt kisses, and Deimos and Sarah trying their best not to laugh, Fortuna went off to be grumpy, and Nooj, with many bruises but a smile on his face, sat down and smiled a smile he never smiled before.
A smile that came from predicting the future. And all its yelling and kisses and bruises and tears and chaos.

"That was the weirdest way to accept a date ever." Deimos says after he and Sarah left to leave the lovebirds alone.

"They're gonna be such a cute couple."

"You really think so?"

"Yeah, I do."

Sarah's wearing a black button up, black pants, and black flat tops.

"You're getting used to us."

"No I'm not. You guys aren't normal."

"Well, you're not as shy or scared anymore."

She looks away and turns around. 

"I'm still scared. But numbers is power right?"

"Right. Well, after all that, I think everyone's tired. Where should we sleep?"

"Just pick a room with a bed downstairs."

"Alright. Night Sarah."

Deimos is almost out the room when Sarah grabs his arm.

"Don't leave me alone. Please. I don't want to be alone."

"Alright. But I have to tell them to pick a room and sleep."

"Alright. Um. Hurry please. It's 3 A.M. I'm turning everything off once I lay down."

"Understood."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every piece of this soul has so many layers to it. There is no end or beginning to them. But then again, there is no end or beginning for most people. It's hard to figure out a painting, let alone a person. This story will be continued.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah. That was great, wasn't it? I liked it. It wasn't as...something as the first but it's really good in it's own way. I'm probably gonna make each part of this collecting a piece now but I have no idea when the next one will be out. I hope you enjoyed this.

© 2014 Mip/John K. Brierley


Author's Note

Mip/John K. Brierley
Pretty sure I accidentally changed the genre but I can't find what the genre previously was.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on June 14, 2014
Last Updated on July 10, 2014
Tags: Unimensions

Author

Mip/John K. Brierley
Mip/John K. Brierley

Deadville, IL



About
I'm a writer with big ideas and no motivation to put them down. Hopefully you don't mind younger me's writing cause compared to current me's, it's ramen noodles. more..

Writing