Where Are You?

Where Are You?

A Poem by MissKatiekat
"

A poem about my significant other.

"
Where are you? As I'm crippled on the floor. My heart's in a million pieces, can't do this anymore.
Where are you? You said that you'd be here. You told me that you'd listen, please lend me your ear.
Where are you? I'm breaking down inside. Can't you understand me when I want to run and hide?
Hide away from the monsters, the monsters inside me. They're scratching at my heart, and crawling down my spine.
They break inside my thoughts, and make my mind so dark. It's so dark here, I can't see where you are. I can't see where I'm going, please just let this end. I know you say you love me, but you can't prove it true. And all I ever did, was give the bloody pieces of my shattered heart to you. I'm trying so hard now, but I'm running out of will. Please know that I love you, and that I always will. I never want to lose my thunder, but I'm scared that I will fail. Fail at being strong, fail at holding on. I've been holding on for you, but now it's like you're already gone, and I'm starting to think that my demons have won. Don't tell me that you're scared, when I'm the one with the broken heart, and I'm sorry that even though I gave you all of me, I'm still just not enough. It's hard enough to hold on to this sorry life I have, I don't think I can hold on to the love that we had...You've taken me, all of me, and made me do so wrong. But I did it all for you. I'd do anything for you. And it hurts to know I lost who I am because of you, it hurts to know you've broken me, and beat me so far down. It hurts to know that despite all of this I still can't let you go. No matter how many times I get hurt by you, I'll never let you go. You mean the world to me, even though you've brought me so much pain. It's terrible to go through life bleeding inside, and putting back the pieces every morning so that I can be there for you. Knowing with a terrible certainty that you'll never let me in. I guess I'll just keep waiting, but wait there's no time left. I know my time is up now...

© 2013 MissKatiekat


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on October 11, 2013
Last Updated on October 11, 2013

Author

MissKatiekat
MissKatiekat

Plainfield, CT



About
Hey everyone! My name is Kenzie, and I'm a teenager who has always been writing. I'd love to talk to some of you, and hear your opinions and get your advice. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by MissKatiekat


Worth Worth

A Book by MissKatiekat


I wish I wish

A Poem by MissKatiekat