Too Much, Too Much!

Too Much, Too Much!

A Poem by MomzillaNC
"

We need more love and more tolerance to lead us to more compassion to give us more hope and help us bring more peace to our bleeding world.

"
Too much, too much!
Too much, too much, too much!
You say I’m wrong.
He says she’s wrong.
She says he’s wrong.
They say we’re wrong.
Too much, too much!
Too much, too much, too much!
You cry, “Stupid!”
He charges, “Uninformed!”
She judges, “Insane!"
They condemn, “Immoral!”
Too much, too much!
Too much, too much, too much!
You hate me. Why?
He hates her. Why? 
She hates him. Why?
They hate us. Why?
Too much, too much!
Too much, too much, too much!

More love, more tolerance!
More compassion, more hope, more peace!

I won’t hate you.
She needs to hear him.
He must understand her.
We will embrace them.

More love, more tolerance!
More compassion, more hope, more peace!


© 2019 MomzillaNC


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

hear hear! says i! :) the angst so relatable ..smart way to bring many situations into your poem ..we all can plug this one here, that one there etc. ... i agree wholeheartedly ..it is time now ... has always been time; and always will be the time for listening with compassion and tolerance ... and i enjoy that you have raised your freak flag high ;))
E.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Einstein Noodle

7 Years Ago

i also believe :) just as the Commandments bring us to our knees in admission ... God brings us to H.. read more
MomzillaNC

7 Years Ago

Amen and blessing to you. John 14:27 Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. Do .. read more
Einstein Noodle

7 Years Ago

:) ........................



Reviews

I hear marching feet and a drumbeat when I read this poem. The repetition pounds the message into my head. It may not be the most original message, but we need it now more than ever. I'm disturbed by Reclaimed's criticism; he/she obviously has an anti-religious ax to grind. Valid points or not, it's unhelpful in this day and age. Maybe it's just that I'm an aging hippie who doesn't think the message of peace and love is outdated.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MomzillaNC

6 Years Ago

Thank you, Jennie. Yes, I found Reclaimed’s commentary a bit disturbing too. But, as you say, s/he.. read more
This device and theme are one of the most overused these days. The writing is ho hum and derivative, not a good combo.

Overstating this sentiment in such a generic way often has a paradoxical effect; as it lacks substance it's just an empty advert for "peace and love" which ultimately annoys people who actually think for themselves. Without a deeper conveyance this is just "too much" cheese, a long unoriginal religious bumper sticker.

In reality you are falling prey to your own "logic". Just on the other extreme of the spectrum. In reality you seem to revel in going after those you feel are not up to your standard, those you deem to "hate too much". But you never offer any solid viewpoint, no intellectual counterpoints, no real understanding of any kind, you just kind of parrot today's religious tagline. Essentially, you're just saying "be like me, I'm tolerant so, you have to be like ME!!!". I find this poem disingenuous. Tolerant? Nope. Only on your terms... only on your terms (that's not tolerance holmes). You'd fight a war to eliminate your enemies; all in the name of "tolerance". The ending of your poem is complete BS. Pop religion is about tolerance in name only, in practice, 99.9% of all world religion is the very opposite of tolerant. They just realized that old school fire and brimstone crap doesn't work anymore... western religion has zero consistency of logic. "poems" like this prove that point fully when juxtaposed with historical texts and events. Even recent history.... the church didn't denounce the holocaust until well into the world war 2.... hmmm wonder why? Tolerance was not the reason. Maybe it was.... genocide is tolerable right? How about sexual abuse? They are good at tolerating that... still, to this day. Ha.... ah. It's almost too easy with you people.... stop pretending to be something you are not. You are about as tolerant as I am, probably less. Blanket "tolerance" is why the world is bleeding... ethnocentric, relgio-centric, politico-centric, political correctness, etc... your cry for tolerance is a backlash to the backlash we ourselves created. New name... same bullcrap; reminds me of a polite version of the Salem witch trials or when the Spanish "converted" the New World. You may believe you're altruistic but you're not (oblivious at best); you want morality clones and boring vanilla people of your own makeup. At least you're not burning people at the stake... still all about the shame though. Control by way of shame and subjective morality (while pretending to be tolerant... it'd be funny if it wasn't so insidious and it's proponents so oblivious).

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

MomzillaNC

7 Years Ago

Wow… you had a lot to say to just cut me down. Do you believe anyone will find you’re commentary.. read more
amen to that, Momzilla. I'm with you 100%. if things stay the way they are, we are unfailingly going to our doom. so maybe, just maybe, if we join forces and hope with all our hearts that Man will finally see the light, we might just save the world for the sake of our children.

great one M.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MomzillaNC

7 Years Ago

Thanks. We all need to remember we are the only engines of change in society. I keep saying and will.. read more
hear hear! says i! :) the angst so relatable ..smart way to bring many situations into your poem ..we all can plug this one here, that one there etc. ... i agree wholeheartedly ..it is time now ... has always been time; and always will be the time for listening with compassion and tolerance ... and i enjoy that you have raised your freak flag high ;))
E.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Einstein Noodle

7 Years Ago

i also believe :) just as the Commandments bring us to our knees in admission ... God brings us to H.. read more
MomzillaNC

7 Years Ago

Amen and blessing to you. John 14:27 Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. Do .. read more
Einstein Noodle

7 Years Ago

:) ........................
At first, I thought I was reading a fight between my kids, but now I think it has a more worldly message. I think you have it right, just a little more compassion would fix so much.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MomzillaNC

7 Years Ago

Thanks. It certainly is a world message. That it looks like a fight between kids is very much to the.. read more
I can feel your passion, and frustration in this piece. I think Chris said it all in his review. Peace. xo.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MomzillaNC

8 Years Ago

Thank you.
more more more. Yes. and amen.
People have the wrong idea of tolerance. Tolerance isn't assent. Tolerance is more about respecting that we all have free will and that means people will make different choices where their lives are concerned. They will have different opinions, likes and dislikes and as long as these things do not impinge on a person's safety, health etc - why is it a point of contention.
Theres also what my mama said. "mind your own damn business. If you're doing that - you won't have much time to get in the business of others."
Wonderful reminder - thank you

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MomzillaNC

8 Years Ago

Absolutely. And, thank you for reading and for totally getting it.
Wow. An amazing message of more love and tolerance that beating others down with negativity all the time without judging ourselves in the mirror . Everyone one of us is in a constant struggle within and without. If only people can see that. Excellent. ...:)))

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MomzillaNC

8 Years Ago

Thank you. I’ve been working on creating that “relevant presence” online and the vitriol behin.. read more
Sami Khalil

8 Years Ago

Wow. So true . You are welcome. ....:)))))
one part hope, one part fear, one part love, one part intolerance...

we need to find the balance..and the only way is for us to quit being so judgmental...to live and let live and to love and let love.

wish more would read this and follow the advice....

there can be peace, but only we can make it happen.

j.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MomzillaNC

8 Years Ago

That is my hope. It’s what I try to interject into every debate: more tolerance and compassion for.. read more
Things seem to have progressed beyond mere personal fear, frustration, and even anger. There is a willingness to act out of our sense of hurts and desperation ...and even the innocence of the focus of our intent is NOT the barrier it once was.

Our mores have been changed by the continuous barrage to which we have been and still are exposed. We don't fear the "Breaking Bad" - we celebrate it, and we ARE "The Walking Dead".

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MomzillaNC

8 Years Ago

It certainly does seem that we celebrate “Breaking Bad” and are becoming “The Walking Dead.”.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

773 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 13, 2016
Last Updated on August 10, 2019

Author

MomzillaNC
MomzillaNC

NC



About
If you read my work and comment, I'll return the favor on your work. I'm not adding new friends nor accepting read requests. Writers write always. Great writers read, then write. THESE ARE FE.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


See Me Cry See Me Cry

A Chapter by Matching Socks