ode to my queen

ode to my queen

A Story by Moonwind Belmont
"

Im in love with my queen...and it just simply hurts

"
Is loving some one really worth taking the risk? Is the time and effort really that much? Are the scars and wounds of the battle really worth it once it heals and gives us reminder that we probably failed not only once in this aspect in our life.?

Countless times has the heart overpowered the brain in the art of decision making. For me it has been my downfall...many times...Picking up the pieces is such a tedious thing to do but I guess I'm still alive after picking the countless pieces this heart has been broken. Maybe I just expect and dream too much...that's why I hit the unforgiving concrete wall...countless times.

I have survived many a fall and I'm asking myself why am I driving into the same unforgiving familiar land that has cost me my health, my time , effort and sanity. Has the pain become addictive or I'm just a nut.

10 Years have passed, 10 years that have gone forever and I'll never have again, and I still continue to fight this losing war that I know I've already lost from the beginning. And still, without  any weapon I plunge into this war with these unforgiving Philistines of the heart with their giant Goliath trampling on what remain of this battered up scarred heart.

Sometimes the basslines and the loud music don't help anymore...I think I'm getting sick again.

© 2012 Moonwind Belmont


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well done. I liked how you expressed the narrator's feelings. I want to know more. Have you thought about expanding to include the back story?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hey don't think like that. Yes love is just as ravaging as war but it does have its great moments. Great writing by the way! If you want to see what love can do in the good way try looking at my short story if you want.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 28, 2012
Last Updated on June 28, 2012

Author

Moonwind Belmont
Moonwind Belmont

Cebu, 7, Philippines



About
I'm a musician by heart and have been blessed with this talent since I was a kid. I am also a writer but it seems I have lost the touch when I entered this reality called the "WORKING WORLD". I used t.. more..

Writing