The Man From The Manger.....

The Man From The Manger.....

A Story by Dalaina Renee
"

A Christmas Story,Of Why We Celebrate....Alot Of People Forget Why.

"

 

I had never had a vision before. That night as I prayed, I felt the holy spirit minister to my soul.

I saw myself walking into the manger at Bethlhem. There among the animals was a small tiney baby boy,laying in the hay. A single star from the night sky seemed to shine only on him. Just for him. The baby cooed and smiled at me with innocent love for me. Beckoing me to spend time with him. He reached his tiney hand to me and smiled with those innocent eyes. I knew he was a wonder. I knew why he came. He came for me. I saw a man come tward me suddenly. I gasped in horror. The man had nails in his hands, and feet,he wore a crown of thorns on his head. His blood dripped every where. I didn't want to know how he had gotton there. Still the look in his eyes were innocent as, the babies eyes had been. He seemed to beckon me, to come to him.  How could we forget why the baby was born on Christmas for us? We love to hear the good part of the story. That God, so loved us that he brought Jesus to us, on Christmas Eve. We don't want to know how that baby died. That he died for our sin. We don't want to think about the nails,or the crown of thorns that was place there so that we could be made innocent of our past. So, that we, could go to heaven, and be with our father. No all we like to think about is the baby in the manger. And his love for us. But we need to know the man on the cross. The baby was the man. And He DIED SO YOU COULD LIVE. LIVE FOR HIM.

© 2008 Dalaina Renee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Don
WOW!!!
You could preach at my church! This is very powerful and moving. The ending is a real eye opener too. I think you have written a message here that everyone should read and abide by. Maybe then the world would start to grow up and learn to live in peace and harmony. Thank you for sharing some of your thoughts and feelings with us and keep up the good work.
hugs
Don

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The last part is the best.

Needs a little work on punctuation and spelling, but beautiful all the same.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your title kept going through my mind and I decided to go against doctor's orders and read the story. You did say it was short and you were right. Short, but with all the words needed. This was beautiful, so glad you shared with me. I agree with Don and WOW really fits it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

cool story!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Good story!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Good point. This has always disgusted me and fascinated me as well. Why do we celebrate Christmas in the fashion that we do and yet, Easter is hardly celebrated at all. I mean, come Christmas and pretty much the whole time after Thanksgiving until New Years is a big celebration and most of it surrounds the birth of Christ (although through commercialism it doesn't seem that way so much anymore). If it wasn't for the fact that He chose to carry on with His Father's wishes as an adult, then His birth would have meant nothing to anyone afterwards. We should be celebrating Easter with more festivities than Christmas, but it is ingrained within us all now and would be hard to change. Thanks for the piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Don
WOW!!!
You could preach at my church! This is very powerful and moving. The ending is a real eye opener too. I think you have written a message here that everyone should read and abide by. Maybe then the world would start to grow up and learn to live in peace and harmony. Thank you for sharing some of your thoughts and feelings with us and keep up the good work.
hugs
Don

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 14, 2008
Last Updated on November 15, 2008

Author

Dalaina Renee
Dalaina Renee

MI



About
Welcome to my page! My name is, Dalaina Renee. I am a 32 yr old single mother of two little men. Whom I love with all of my heart. When I have free time I love to write. I love to write poems,short s.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


a gift a gift

A Poem by Ryan Potvin