Too Late

Too Late

A Poem by Neronine
"

When it ends you might feel like you want to end.

"

 All I could do was stand there and gaze at you, the tears falling from your cheeks cutting into me like razor blades. I didn't know I caused so much pain for you...my angel. Reaching out my hand, I slowly caress your cheek trying to give comfort but you push it away... Unsurprised I pull my hand back and close my eyes, moving to the door I open and close it, silently walking out to the street. Blind to the world around me, I follow a path of my own to the middle of the road. You hear the screech of tires on the pavement and the loud beep, dashing to the door you fling it open, your eyes searching for me, too late...


© 2009 Neronine


Author's Note

Neronine
I was extremely saddened over a break up.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

incredibly vivid imagery here, it was fantastic! break-ups are horrible, but you should look forward to the future and hope only to see a better tomorrow, because unless you believe that it can happen, it won't happen :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow that was really good:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


oh, wow. this is wonderful, jakey poo :)

for some reason when i read your writing, i feel like im watching the pictures you describe in black and white.

it's not a bad thing, i really like it... :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Holy s**t dude! it was sad, and very strong writing. My writing sucks compared to this! But thats because I'm a sucky writer XD

Posted 14 Years Ago


This poem had me seconds from crying. Something so similar has been in my head lately. To actually hear myself say it, it feels like ripping my heart out. This may seem like it should be a bad thing, but it is great. I love poetry that can bring such emotion to me.

Luna

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is so sad and heart breaking,
Well expressed emotions!

Posted 14 Years Ago


O this is very sad. Great poem, but sad. Very strong poem especially the ending.

"your eyes searching for me, too late..."
Very strong line there. Good job! =)



Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 5, 2009

Author

Neronine
Neronine

Madison, ME



Writing
Let Down Let Down

A Story by Neronine


Wrong Wrong

A Poem by Neronine



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..