No One Ever Tells You...

No One Ever Tells You...

A Poem by Melbell19
"

Just something I was thinking of...

"

No one ever said saying goodbye was easy.

In fact almost everyone knows it is the worst word to hear.

But no one tells you about the ripping, and burning feeling in your chest when you say it.

No one tells you about the lump that forms in your throat that causes you to choke out the word that will be sure to tear apart whom ever is unfortunate enough to hear it.

No one tells you about the regret you feel.

No one tells you that you will be wishing to take it back.

Take the hurt, the anger, the devastation back and pretend it never happened.

But no one tells you about the relief you feel.

Whether it is only moments or months after you’ve spoken that fateful word, you will feel weights lifted off your shoulders.

No one tells you about the turning of a page, the ending of a chapter in your life that seemed to only just begin.

No one tells you about how one word will make or break your life in a single heartbeat.

 

© 2011 Melbell19


Author's Note

Melbell19
Please review!!
<3

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very thoughtful, and well expressed emotions.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
"No one tells you about the turning of a page, the ending of a chapter in your life that seemed to only just begin.
No one tells you about how one word will make or break your life in a single heartbeat."
This is a very thoughtful poem-these last lines are just beautiful! :)


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 22, 2010
Last Updated on May 17, 2011

Author

Melbell19
Melbell19

NC



About
I am 20. I am a really horrible speller, and if it weren't for spell check I wouldn't be able to write. I never thought I could write poetry that people actually like, so thanks for the amazing review.. more..

Writing
Heart Heart

A Poem by Melbell19


Twisted Twisted

A Poem by Melbell19