The Sun

The Sun

A Poem by Sara

I never quite understood what everyone saw in it.
Why everyone was so desperate,
frantic,
pathetic...

It turns you into an addict.
It can put an ozone hole inside you,
scar you for life,
blind you,
melt away your sanity.
And the high would still be worth it.
It's humanity's personal brand of heroin.

I thought I was immune.
Or that it didn't have as much of an impact on me.
I enjoyed my ball of fire
it was.. nice?

It turned out my heroin wasn't actually heroin.
Apparently no one would EVER use the word "nice" to describe it.
But then I found the right dealer
and chose the right star to be the center of my Solar system.

I realised I was hooked when I was prepared to go to the other hemisphere just to see it.

I love heroin

© 2016 Sara


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such deeply moving, powerful thoughts. I can feel the longing, the needing, the desire for the warmth and wonder of it all. I wanted to read this one because I love the sun, love sunlight and the joy it gives, and in your words it seems that this sun is all love. Wondrous!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Sara

3 Years Ago

It's been a while but thank you for your kind words :) I hope you're doing well
An owl on the moon

3 Years Ago

So glad to hear from you... Doing well here... hoping the same for you there across the sea. :)
great title ... initiates all kinds of wondering for me ..
never was a worshiper me self .. i'm a pale skin and only freckle and burn ... tried to tan once ...worked at it so the ladies might like me ;} and 14 one believes all kinds of things in our feelings of inadequacy eh!? i think this line "It can put an ozone hole inside you," is so graphic and powerful .. love it! theme is a bit foggy for me .. and closing misleads one to disbelieve the metaphor ... what i see is over the pond lovers ... she goes to meet ... and does fall in addiction ... or love as it were ;))))))))
E.


Posted 4 Years Ago


Sara

4 Years Ago

Thanks for the read :)
it's all a big metaphor for love
Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

i guess i felt the shock of "i love heroin" .. threw me just a bit ;}
'.. I realised I was hooked when I was prepared to go to the other hemisphere just to see it. '

Interesting, entertaining.. just a touch of wondering 'if'. You set your words so lightly and yet - so it seems, behind them are hints, cues. nudges et al! Your finish is quite an explosive one.. whether as it stands or - the results of!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Listening to this ...left a smile of understanding and a wistfulness to hope "things" met all the expectations of your perceptions.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sara

7 Years Ago

I guess they did :)
That's an interesting metaphor.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sara

7 Years Ago

yeeeaa I've been studying for 9hours and I guess it took its price :P

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 29, 2016
Last Updated on June 29, 2016

Author

Sara
Sara

Koper, Slovenia



About
“There is no answer. It's okay. But even if it wasn't okay, what am I supposed to do?” -Raymond Carver more..

Writing
The Usurper The Usurper

A Poem by Sara


The Classics The Classics

A Poem by Sara



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Beware Beware

A Poem by Seashell