A Plagiarist's Fate

A Plagiarist's Fate

A Story by NoelHC
"

An entry in MomZilla's new contest, Boiled in Bat Guano.... http://www.writerscafe.org/contests/Boiled-In-Bat-Guano/50802/

"

“Ranger team this is mission control, NSA has given us hot data on an IP address, 4 of the identities are currently online at a coffee shop at (address redacted) in Windsor, ON.


Mission is go, insertion is go, permission for rendition is go. If they resist, permission to terminate with prejudice is go. ROE is waived”


“Mission, this is Pathfinder 6, affirmative, mission is go. We estimate insertion in 42 mikes”


“Pathfinder 6, good luck. We are watching in the war room on satellite. You are currently assigned to us, as you know, your unit affiliation has been suspended for national security reasons.”


Pathfinder 6 turned off his headset, and turning to his team members, said. “Mission is a go, skids up in 5.”


His team looked relieved to finally be heading into action, all this waiting for NSA to track down the subject was beginning to wear down their level of preparedness.


The team had been sequestered in a small anonymous building at the far end of Selfridge Air National Guard base for too long.


Standing up, they prepared, and checked over web gear, weapons, and then turned to the member beside them and checked their gear.



Satisfied, they headed out of the building and on to the helipad where a Black Hawk waited for them, rotors already spinning.The team spread themselves to their usual positions in the helo,


The Black Hawk lifted off, nose down, and banked to the left. Flying low to avoid radar, it headed south over Lake St. Clair towards Detroit, staying over US territory as long as possible, before having to turn left for an illegal incursion into Canadian airspace.


Skimming just feet above the waters of the Detroit River, the team flew into Windsor and within a couple of minutes hovered over a small one story flat roofed building, a small coffee shop occupied the buildin. Ropes snaked out of both sides of the Black Hawk and team members fast roped down to the street below. Alpha team headed to the rear of the building, Bravo headed towards the main door and positioned themselves on either side of it, tight against the wall. Pathfinder 6, crouched low, reached for the door handle, and pulled the door open, a flash bang was thrown in, and as soon as they heard the explosion, the teams entered the front and the rear of the coffee shop. Smoke hung in the air, but they could see a young woman behind the counter, a very frightened look on her face, her ears covered with her hands. There was only one other person in the shop, he was beginning to rise from his chair, but sat back down when he saw the heavily armed team, faces masked, all dressed in black. Pathfinder 6 took a photo out of his front pocket, and compared to the man in front of him. “Confirmed!”


In front of the man on the table were a laptop, an iPad, and two iPhones. Pathfinder 6 approached, and pointing his HK at his chest said, “Chris Vaillancourt, you are coming with us.” At that a team member stepped behind the subject, and pulled a hood over his head, and jerked him up from his chair, he used zip ties to secure Vaillancourt's wrists behind his back. A quick pat down found no hidden weapons. Another team member walked up to the table and looking quickly at the electronic devices announced “It looks like we have Blake, John, Anne, and Mary here as well.” He scooped them all up, and stuffed them into a satchel slung over his shoulder. 


Another team member headed over to the counter, reached over and pulled the phone off the wall, tearing the wires, and in a low voice said the barista “I need your cell phone, now, please.” She turned and reached in her purse, and with shaking hands passed her iPhone over. “Thank  you ma’am, you will be fine, it is him we are after.”


Pathfinder 6 spoke into the mike of his headset “Black Bird we are ready for extraction.”  turned to his team and commanded “OK, mount up, let’s go!”


The dust swirled up on the street as the Black Hawk squatted down on the intersection, and the team, heads lowered, approached it quickly. The subject was supported by a member by each arm, and was unceremoniously thrown on the floor as the team took their places inside.


The helicopter lifted off, and banked quickly to get back into US airspace. Once over the river, it flew in a direct line back to Selfridge ANG base.


“Mission, this is Pathfinder 6, all identities confirmed, one captive. I will explain more once on a secure line.”


The Black Hawk landed near a plain grey Learjet, with a Brazilian tail marking. The team exited the Black Hawk, two of them pulled the subject off the floor, and standing him upright, walked him over to the waiting plane.


They all entered the jet, and strapped Vaillancourt in securely, took their own seats. The jet taxied down the runway, and took to the sky, turning south, avoiding Canadian airspace and set course towards Florida. A few short hours later, the Florida coast disappeared behind, the Learjet flew over Nassau, and headed to Guantanamo, Cuba. Upon landing military police met the team stepping down from the plane and helped them load the subject in a cube van truck. The truck headed towards a nondescript building, and after parking in front of the building the passengers exited, and entered the main door.


The subject underwent a more thorough search, and was led away to an interrogation room, where his ankle was chained to a table that was bolted to the floor. The hood was removed and the zip ties were cut, and Vaillancourt rubbed his wrists, the red marks slowly faded. He looked nervously around the sparse, cold room, and at the three men in the room with him. He asked, his voice cracking “Who are you? Where am I?”


Pathfinder 6 replied “You are at a location I am not at liberty to disclose.”


Pathfinder 6 nodded to his two members, and said “You know what you are to do.” One walked over to the corner and picked up a baseball bat.


Pathfinder 6 walked down the hall, keyed his mike and said “Mission, patch me through to Momzilla.” 


A few minutes later a voice came in over his earpiece. “Pathfinder 6, this is MomZ, I hear you have him. Where are the other subjects?” 


“As KL suspected, he was running multiple identities, there is only one of him. We have proof of that now.” 


MomZ asked “What is his status” 


He replied “He is here in Guantanamo, we are about to soften him up a bit with the baseball bat, as instructed.” 


Momzilla screamed “What?!?!? You were to boil him up to his nads in bat guano!! You fools!!”


Pathfinder 6 replied “Uhhh, what? Oh. Wait one, MomZ. I have to go to the interrogation room.”

© 2014 NoelHC


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ron
First it should be Guantanamo (Bay), Cuba.

I could tell you some geographical problems with this, but this works.

(The subject underwent a more thorough search, and was led away to an interrogation room)...reference to black sites which I saw non nor new of of while I was there.

Boiling him in bat guano? Well that could be very interesting ;)
Over all its a great story.



Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NoelHC

9 Years Ago

Yeah, I bet you would liked to take part in interrogating Vaillancourt!
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

I hope we'll have an entry from you too!
http://www.writerscafe.org/contests/Boiled-In-Bat-Gu.. read more
ron

9 Years Ago

Lol. Lets leave that up to your story ;)



Reviews

I love the detail in this one. So much better than Rambo or First Blood. I vote a 1!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NoelHC

9 Years Ago

Thanks Bright Ocean Star, it will be interesting to see how this contest turns out. MomZ asked us to.. read more
Bright Ocean Star

9 Years Ago

Oh, well then I guess I'm doing this wrong. Thanks for the update. I think the entries rotate as y.. read more
wonderful storytelling. It felt like reading a Tom Clancy. nice twist at the end, too. brilliant one.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NoelHC

9 Years Ago

Thank you Woody, this was a bit of fun, for sure.
Excellent telling Noel. Such folk deserve all they get.


Beccy.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NoelHC

9 Years Ago

Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you and your wee fellow.
A very intriguing story that took you on an interesting ride, thank you :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NoelHC

9 Years Ago

Thanks for checking it out, this was a bit of fun to write.
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

Danny, I'm still waiting for your entry. :D

Contest URL http://www.writerscafe.org/con.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ron
First it should be Guantanamo (Bay), Cuba.

I could tell you some geographical problems with this, but this works.

(The subject underwent a more thorough search, and was led away to an interrogation room)...reference to black sites which I saw non nor new of of while I was there.

Boiling him in bat guano? Well that could be very interesting ;)
Over all its a great story.



Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NoelHC

9 Years Ago

Yeah, I bet you would liked to take part in interrogating Vaillancourt!
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

I hope we'll have an entry from you too!
http://www.writerscafe.org/contests/Boiled-In-Bat-Gu.. read more
ron

9 Years Ago

Lol. Lets leave that up to your story ;)
Well that ought to do it. Quite a compelling ride you took us all on. It was a great story all around.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Ha ha...time will tell unless he gets caught up in some prisoner exchange! Politics and poetry can b.. read more
NoelHC

9 Years Ago

No prisoner exchange allowed, you Americans have him now, we Canadians don"t want him back! ; )
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

I hope we'll have an entry from you too!
http://www.writerscafe.org/contests/Boiled-In-Bat-Gu.. read more
LOL Oh that was rich . Not beyond the pale of the states to do something of this sort. Oh you pull no punches on this one

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NoelHC

9 Years Ago

Thank you Tate, while the arrest was illegal, the encroachment on sovereign soil an act of war, and .. read more
Tate Morgan

9 Years Ago

hahaha yeah I have no complaints lol
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

I still hope we'll have an entry from you too!
http://www.writerscafe.org/contests/Boiled-In-.. read more
still chuckling... nice in its viciousness. Complete in its intent.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NoelHC

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Chris, this was a bit of fun to write, I couldn't resist throwing a bit of a curv.. read more
Chris

9 Years Ago

either works well
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

I hope we'll have an entry from you too!
http://www.writerscafe.org/contests/Boiled-In-Bat-Gu.. read more
Haha, this made me giggle Noel! Ha! You are such an amazing writer, loved the twist.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NoelHC

9 Years Ago

Thanks m'lady! Glad you enjoyed it.
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

I hope we'll have an entry from you too!
http://www.writerscafe.org/contests/Boiled-In-Bat-Gu.. read more
Very clever take on the challenge.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

NoelHC

9 Years Ago

Thanks, I imagine the miscreant would really appreciated a rendition performed on him by soldiers. U.. read more
Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Yes since we all know how he feels about the US and soldiers in general.:)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

914 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 11, 2014
Last Updated on December 12, 2014

Author

NoelHC
NoelHC

Alberta, Canada



Writing
Shah Mat Shah Mat

A Book by NoelHC



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..