The Snyder Strangers

The Snyder Strangers

A Story by Odd Fate
"

He was the infamous billionaire and she was an aspiring artist! What they had in common was a one - way ticket to Germany and their surname. This his how the romance unfolds for Richie and Cassandra.

"

 

My name is Richard Snyder, the infamous billionaire you have heard about from a friend of yours, maybe your neighbor, a relative or even the papers.  This is how people would enjoy my introduction to them, because this is what they see in me; know of me and of course they would love to be introduced to me by that friend, or the neighbor, the relative or the Social Medias I don’t have. But really, who is this Richard Snyder everyone knows so well they don’t even take the time consider a personal opinion when they get close to him, face to face, in a bar, dinner, job interview, bed…especially the bed part.


Let me unfold my name in the perspective of the stranger who sees me in the mirror everyday and tries to relate me to all the noise outside the hardwood line of my personal cave.  My name is Richard Snyder. It’s true I’m the billionaire guy who drives past you in my sports cars, but that’s not an effort to impress you. It’s a treat I give myself once in a while for being a good workaholic, control freak, boy.


I’m the CEO of the Snyder Legal Corporate, LA and Worldwide market. This makes the sports cars part a deserved treat I guess. My life is all about that work place and the people there, trying to bring ahead my father’s legacy, involve more people who want justice as I do, who see the world in the same perspective as I, and mainly a pack of wolves who are willing to stick together and surpass the barriers of the rough business worlds by my side. I want people I can trust and depend on, as well as be a beacon for them when there are in need someone to trust and depend on.


My life has always been about trust and people I can rely on and I finally have reached the state of having those wonderful people by my side and I am proud of calling them my family, even my older brother Ian.


-Earth to Mr. Money! This is you beautiful, modest sister waking you from the abyss of your thoughts. " Claudia’s voice echoed through my ears and straight to my brain. She has a habit of always doing that screaming part, while barging in, unannounced, in my office, invading my privacy.


-I have told you a thousand times I don’t like that name Clau. For Lord’s sake please just stop calling me that! " I winced at the sound of the disturbing nickname she used


-Yeah! Well! But you are! Deal with it sissy! " She kept pointing her right index finger in at me.

I shook it off of my face and got up to give her a bear hug. I always gave her big hugs, even though I’m not much off a huger…at all.


-Sooo… I guess you have forgotten our lunch considering your surprised expression of “What the hell is she doing here!”  - She pouted


-Right, what the hell are you doing here, again? " I mocked her smiling as she slapped my arm.


-I, your big sister, am here to take you to lunch and feed your poor little stomach that hasn’t seen food in years, because you butt is glued to the office chair. " She crossed her arms heroically in front of her chest, smiling wide" So, how did I do? Bossy enough?


I laughed at her childish attitude and took my coat from the hanger. " Let’s go then boss! I see you’re wearing the pants today.


 

At lunch



-Can I ask you a question Clau? " I asked thoughtfully like I was about to ask her about the creation of the universe.


-Sure, shoot! " She replied sipping some wine.


-Why do you always show up and disturb me at work? " I laughed with her face turning from seriously listening to faking a hurt expression.


-Excuse me?! Who else do I have to go and disturb? Like I have any friends left, right? And let me remind you that ¾ of them don’t speak to me, because a psycho decided to date them. " She put her glass down and kept shaking her head as she complained about her girls.


-It’s not my fault they daydream, you know.


-Oh! I didn’t say I was talking about you. So you embrace being a psycho? " She laughed pretty loud. I frowned. " And by the way, only one such as yourself would mix their names on purpose, knowing they would go blame each other from stealing your attention. You are a total dork.


-Okay, It doesn’t sound good now that I’m listening to someone analyzing the situation. " I added


-It doesn’t sound good? It is h.o.r.r.i.b.l.e " she spelled letter by letter to accent the meaning of the world horrible.


- Got it. Note to self “No more dating sister’s friends” " I pretended to solemnly swear on that self note.


-Richie, I was talking to mom the other day and we finally seem to be on the same page.


-I believe it is about me then. You two stay on the same page only when it comes to me and surely to my personal life. Is Donna still trying to fix me a wife? " I rolled my eyes back molested from the same discussion.


- No! Don’t do that you stupid, your eyeballs will get stuck in the back of your head. At least you finally have a flaw " she avoided my point


-What were you and mom talking about? Leave my eyeballs alone. They are perfectly fine, but my curiosity isn’t.


-Well, you see, we think you should take some time off.


-Off of what? " I was confused now


-Off of everything.- She was serious for once


-You mean work?

 

- If that is your “everything”…


-Well yeah, I would gladly take some time off of you and mom for sure �" I smiled


-I am being serious here Richard and I truly mean it. Grow up man; try to take me serious for once. I know I joke around too much with you, but this time I promise I am not �" she grinned


-hmm… let’s suppose I took that break. What do I do? �" I shook my shoulders


-You get you pretty a*s out there and have some fun. Go party. Like an animal. Get the girl. You know the mundane stuff.


-Hold it there. First, - I pointed the left thumb, counting it with my right hand �" the party thing is your area of expertise. I don’t party; I drink, in peace, at home. It’s cool you should try it. No camera flashes, loud music, or puking people.


-I’m offended by that description…


-shht, I’m talking �" I interrupted her drama �" Second, a minute ago you were lecturing me about my manners with girls an how I am a horrible human being and now you tell me to “find the girl” or whatever you just said.


She just stared, obsessing me over what her brain was processing


-Sorry, I lost you there; I was too busy planning your vacay agenda in my head. Ahhh �" she squeaked �" I already love you travel itinerary to tropical islands.


I signaled the waiter we were ready to pay and started to get up slowly, hoping Claudia would let me in peace with the travel idea.

 

 

 

 

 

AT THE OFFICE

 

 

As I was headed to my office, I walked by Felicia’s desk. Felicia is my assistant and my best friend. We have known each other since high school and she agreed to become my right hand when I took over the company after my father’s retirement. She is highly qualified and just about the right person I need by my side in a nest of predators like the corporate council.


-Richie, wait a second please.- She stopped me �" this morning this envelope came for you, but you were in a meeting and then went out with Claudia.

-Who’s it from? �" I asked


-It’s from the financial department in Germany.


-Okay, let’s see what is going on with that baby wing over there. It’s been a while I haven’t checked on them. �" I said as I took the envelope and headed to the office. I sat on my desk and carefully opened it, reading curiously.


-Damn, those incompetent brats! �" I cursed under my breath. The situation was critical and we were losing a major client in Germany. This means travel time and absolutely no time off as I had been advised earlier.


It was already dark outside the window and I had lost myself going through the files and contracts of the client we were risking. I decided to call it a day and head home to go and discuss the potential loss with Alex.


On the way home, his silence and calmed expression was all that was troubling me. Alexander was one of those people who never seemed to lose his temper and change his blank expression in such situations.


BANG �" I slammed my right hand loudly on the wheel, releasing the nerve and preparing for that nerveless father �" son conversation, discussing the odds of the situation and analyzing emotionlessly the data I had collected. I needed that calm inner state tonight and my usual cold reaction, but I just didn’t seem to get a grip at myself tonight. 

Was it so obvious I needed that break after all?


I parked my customized Ferrari and grabbed the pile of folders from the back seat, heading to the front door of the house.


-         -Honey I’m home! �" I called once I opened the door, trying to sound as usual, asking for Dona’s attention. She came rushing towards me and hugged me.


-          -Hey baby, come in; don’t stand there like a stranger. �" She was smiling the whole time. �" How is my handsome boy? I haven’t seen you in a week.

 

 ***************************** TO BE CONTINUED *********************

© 2018 Odd Fate


Author's Note

Odd Fate
i am totally open to FB about the dialogue, grammar, unfolding the story and the characters :) Work in progress

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on January 4, 2018
Last Updated on January 4, 2018
Tags: romance, fictional, billionaire, artist, travel, coincidence, fate, drama

Author

Odd Fate
Odd Fate

KY, Albania



About
I am an art lover in general and a hobby writer. Totally open feedback and welcoming the critics :) more..