Mortal Birds and Nasty Bees

Mortal Birds and Nasty Bees

A Poem by Phill Oz O'fee
"

The "Birds and the Bees talk" (sometimes known simply as "The Talk") is generally the event in most children's lives in which the parents explain what sexual relationships are.

"

Mortal Birds and Nasty Bees



Hindsight may bring understanding

But does not resolve or excuse

The absence of unspoken knowledge

Not divulged by elders to our youth


Idiomatic euphemistic dim expressions

Pertained to courting and copulation

Disguise smoke screened evil realities

For unprepared immature innocence


Hypnotically groomed by false promises

With lures of laurels and quick riches

Escape from social obscurity seems real

Thus setting a devious disguised ambush


Under wings of satanic heinous vultures

The silent traumatised trafficked sinless

Fly victim into depraved demonic hives

Concealed behind dark windowless walls


Without support these tender hearted

May never be rescued from wickedness

And the many honey poisoned attractions

That ultimately will just crash and burn


Observations through a one way mirror

Chanting rhetoric from a safe distance

Never will resolve pressing social issues

If left to fester from non political action


From base zero of life pedagogy lessons

All available education must be extolled

To prepare and protect future generations

From corruptions of today’s greedy elite

Copyright @ Phillozofee 2018

© 2018 Phill Oz O'fee


Author's Note

Phill Oz O'fee
Pedagogy refers more broadly to the theory and practice of education, and how this influences the growth of learners. Pedagogy, taken as an academic discipline, is the study of how knowledge and skills are exchanged in an educational context, and it considers the interactions that take place during learning.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

but even educated...often what seems to just come from inside is greed, never having enough...as Sheryl Crow sang.. maybe she wasn't talking about money or possessions...but possessing in a physical sense.
"it isn't needing what you want, it's wanting what you've got"

but when young ones grow up seeing greed...it does get ingrained...we do what we see.
j.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phill Oz O'fee

5 Years Ago

So true …. input reflects the output! Thank you for your thoughts and review … :-)
Sir Robert Robbie Lord Dudley

5 Years Ago

Beauty is the new review at
Lude, Rude and on the controlled prices
Tis well with the .. read more



Reviews

lots of meat in your poem ... i like the tidy quatrain structure and free flowing rhythm ... the rhyme thrown in in V1 L2 and 4 ... make it a treat ... very strong use of contrast .. my thoughts and memories of the sex talk with my own are of honesty and fun ... that from me Da lasted about 3 minutes ..was nerve wracking and embarrassment ... but God bless him ... he tried ;)
but your poem is about the dangers of something good and wholesome to something evil and destructive ... i think the primary job for that comes from the home and parents ...not the Feds .. but that is just me ... the elite are not the only ones to fall to greed and avarice ... we can inordinately love sex, money, power, prestige etc ... all can be fine until they become to great a want in our lives ... nothing wrong with having a lot of any of those things ... its just the place we give them in our lives .. your poem has gotten me thinking and evaluating meself this morning so good on ya!
E.
ps. i like the use of the language as well sir!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phill Oz O'fee

5 Years Ago

Thanking you kindly for your great comments on my write - an insightful review my friend … :-)
Wow, Phil. this is spot on. Loved your examples and a great interesting read from you Phill. Really makes you take on board your thoughts and comments. And makes you think about all.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Phill Oz O'fee

5 Years Ago

Thanks Dawn - glad you liked it … :-)
Onlyme

5 Years Ago

Phill your a deep guy with really insightful poems. Thanks for sharing. Dawn.
One of the good poems I have read in recent times. Good work!!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phill Oz O'fee

5 Years Ago

Many thanks for you kind review :-)
Sophisticaded manifesto. It gives words sensation to relish. Stimulates the taste. There are so many physical indulgences in the world that education is almost anathema. If we don‘t restore education as a kind of sacred totem then there is not much hope for us. So any new patterns of thoughts and ideas? Very well done, thank you.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phill Oz O'fee

5 Years Ago

Many thanks for your insightful review! And, may I say, it is so nice to hear from you - its been aw.. read more
but even educated...often what seems to just come from inside is greed, never having enough...as Sheryl Crow sang.. maybe she wasn't talking about money or possessions...but possessing in a physical sense.
"it isn't needing what you want, it's wanting what you've got"

but when young ones grow up seeing greed...it does get ingrained...we do what we see.
j.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Phill Oz O'fee

5 Years Ago

So true …. input reflects the output! Thank you for your thoughts and review … :-)
Sir Robert Robbie Lord Dudley

5 Years Ago

Beauty is the new review at
Lude, Rude and on the controlled prices
Tis well with the .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 13, 2018
Last Updated on October 13, 2018

Author

Phill Oz O'fee
Phill Oz O'fee

Winchester, Hampshire, England, United Kingdom



About
I am caught in a time spiral of confusion; that period we all experience between birth and death. Somewhere inside hides a poet, writer, lyricist and/or whatever, laying dormant and suppressed by s.. more..

Writing