Suaimhneas

Suaimhneas

A Story by Pollyanna

During the drive home after dropping my iníon (daughter) and gariníon (granddaughter) off with my daughter's boyfriend, my mind had time to wander.  For some reason, I felt the need to dwell on the "happy" factor of those I care about.

 

Truth be told, I doubt most people truly wonder about their friends' and family's level of happiness unless there are glaring indicators suggesting something's amiss.  Of course, by that time, so much has gone wrong, it's extremely difficult to help set things right; you can only hope time can heal whatever damage has been done.

 

That being said, when I say I want only the best for someone, I honestly mean it.  I want that person to find their true love.  I want them to experience happiness like they've never felt before.  I want all of their dreams to come true regardless of how improbable they may be.

 

Now, it's a given for me to say I especially want all of that for my kids, but would you be surprised to find out I also want it for those who have wronged me (slight, severe and every level in between)?  I believe everyone deserves to be happy . . . no exceptions.  Yes, there are people in my life I dislike and there are also those I feel absolutely nothing for, but I can't think of any legitimate reason to wish them ill.

 

I wish I could tell you that happiness is a gift you give yourself, but that wouldn't be completely accurate . . . neither would the belief that your happiness depends on others.  There are many outside factors to take into consideration when you look at the reasons behind why you either are or are not happy.  (These factors are extremely personal and tailored to each individual; never will my factors match yours regardless of any similarities that may be noted.)

 

What I'd love to know is why some people seem to absolutely refuse to even try to be happy . . . why spend their lives purposely misreable?  Are they incapable of this emotion or do they feel undeserving?  I honestly wish I knew the answers.

© 2011 Pollyanna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wonderfully written. We create our own happiness and if our happiness is taken away from us it is because we allowed it to be........It does seem that some are not happy unless they are in the state of unhappiness. We humans are very strange are we not?

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wonderfully written. We create our own happiness and if our happiness is taken away from us it is because we allowed it to be........It does seem that some are not happy unless they are in the state of unhappiness. We humans are very strange are we not?

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 4, 2011
Last Updated on April 4, 2011
Tags: happiness, hope

Author

Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Lake St. Louis, MO



About
Pol·ly·an·na noun ˌpä-lē-ˈa-nə a person characterized by irrepressible optimism and a tendency to find good in everything I'm really nobody speci.. more..

Writing