Run Away

Run Away

A Poem by Annika Patrick

Somedays I just want to run away. Run away and never look back, even though I know that's the cowardly thing to do. I just want to run. I want to feel the wind in my hair, never look back, never have to hear the harsh, unforgiving words of high school that keep flying all around, and never see the hurt in my eyes when I look into the mirror. Even though I wan to run away, I stay. You are my only reason for staying. You keep my feet safely walking from class to class instead fo being poised and ready to run. For that I thank you from the very depths of my heart. You keep me strong when I am weak, you keep me safe when I feel threatened. My smile sustains when I am in your presence, my thoughts consist of only you. You are my knight in shining armor. The kind little girls dream about when they're playing dress up. My knight description has changed since then, and you fit it perfectly. I close my eyes and I can see your smiling face. When I look into your eyes, I fall into their beautiful depths. You can make me smile all of the time, even when all I want to do is cry. I'm crazy for you and I've never been happier to have a friend like you. Thank you, so much.

© 2008 Annika Patrick


Author's Note

Annika Patrick
Honest...please

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like the poem. I know what its like to just want to run away, and having that one friend that you can always talk to to make you feel better. It's very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


So rare to find that one friend that is a true knight. High school is a horrible place, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that think so and I also wanted to run from that place. It is good to stay, and your poem is beautiful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


i think everyone has felt what you have writin, if I could just be here instead of here, anywhere but here...You did a great job with this one...I am really enjoying your writing..Keep it up...=)

Love always,
Berserk

Posted 15 Years Ago


very nice. I liked it. Dont we all sometimes want to run?


Posted 15 Years Ago


very nice. i really liked it. and congrats on being a member of this site.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

307 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 17, 2008

Author

Annika Patrick
Annika Patrick

Brookville, KS



About
I'm a sophmore at Ell-Saline High. I've been writing all my life, & totally love it!! Let's see...I'm a cheerleader, & I do track. My two favorite sports ever!! I love being with all my friends & fami.. more..

Writing
My Dad My Dad

A Story by Annika Patrick



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..