Currents

Currents

A Story by QuietlyCrash

I feel as if I'm finally floating peacefully in a sea where I was once lost. No more will I scratch and grasp at the frail waves as I sink slowly into the icy prison of my mind. I have resurfaced to an abstract world of water color wind and stars that align at the whisper of my name. I inhale and the air tastes like wine. The night feels endlessly my own, and for once, I'm whole. My mind is unclouded. My thoughts are my own. I smile to the now bursting blue sky and it doesn't feel forced. Content with my almost rose covered glasses the ocean of my thoughts that I know find myself  clear and full of life. It's a bath water pool all for me. I am free. I can swim, roam, do as I please. But for now I wish to just float, to listen to the waves pull me to shore. I laugh at the secrets that they let their slippery mouths share to my open but closed ears. Life is worth living. I gaze up to the sky while I drift toward land, and see the sun peeking across the horizon. Night is ending and soon the world will be filled with such tremendous light. The sky lightens until night finally runs away for good. I feel the sun warm on my skin at last, the tingling sensation of not pleasure, pain, sadness, or even happiness. I just feel alive. My nerves are alive, I want to turn and paddle as quickly as I can to shore. I must get out of this place, I must live my life in the warmth of this sun. Then it happens. I turn my body quickly towards shore.  But as I do the sun sinks back to its hiding place. The water suddenly feels frigid around my body and my lungs feel like they are filled with ice and fire at once. I barely can scream before the waves rush up to grip me and pull me down where no one can save me. I'm swallowed by the sea of my mind. 
This is depression.

© 2013 QuietlyCrash


Author's Note

QuietlyCrash
Please give me honest opinions and things I should fix or change?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

you need to make the story longer. Apart from that I enjoyed reading it. Keep on writing. I hope you overcome depression.

-sonnetmoon

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nicely penned...and a sad write...and I hope you can conquer the waves of depression...hugss

Posted 10 Years Ago


QuietlyCrash

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Rose! I think I may just conquer them :)
NO CHANGES THIS IS JUST SO PERFECT I'M FLOATING ON THE WATER LET IT BE c:

Posted 10 Years Ago


I liked it, though I think the ending was too short lived. I liked the intial build up of the senses and the warmth of the sun, but I think it became dark and cold too quickly. I believe you should have built up to the ending a little slower. This is just my opinion. All in all it is very good.

Posted 10 Years Ago


QuietlyCrash

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your review, I apologize for not having been able to respond sooner, finals we.. read more
I felt like the poem was so hopeful until the last few lines. Very well written.

Posted 10 Years Ago


QuietlyCrash

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your review. Actually that was my intention to have it be hopeful and then sad.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 13, 2013
Last Updated on June 6, 2013
Tags: depression, hate, ocean, mind, ruined

Author

QuietlyCrash
QuietlyCrash

Pensacola, FL



About
Hello, so here's the deal. I was placed on this glowing green orb and still trying to figure it all out For the moment most of my writing may be depressing and dark, but that's just because I'm sort .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Two Lovers Two Lovers

A Poem by Soma-ko


Becoming One Becoming One

A Poem by Soma-ko





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5