Be happy

Be happy

A Story by Quill_whispers
"

Note to self: Be Happy

"

When you believe you are meant for greatness, but the reality of life does not seem to give any indication to that “greatness” that you believe you are destined for, then I guess you could say you are lost. This is how I felt. Lost. But it took another person to point out to me that, that hey “you are not lost. You are just heading in another direction, where life has lead you to a different reality.” One more question, “Are you unhappy?” And my instant answer was “No. I am extremely happy.” But... I guess there were another three words that lurked around the end of that sentence. “I want more”. More money, more experiences and just more of everything. This is where all people go wrong. These four letters are an absolute curse. In life, there are realities that no matter how much we think that we are meant for it, the greater forces take us in different directions; a direction where sometimes we might not find what we are looking for, but we find what we need. Where, less cryptically speaking, we find our own happiness. And, boy oh boy it is WORTH it. My life is something similar, I have the best family, the sexiest and most loving husband and a life that is filled with moments to cherish. And still, why did I feel lost? It was because I was in search of those 4 letters, MORE. Well, now is not the time to be wondering about that. Of course, I don’t mean that you don’t need to be ambitious or strive to be great. But you should never lose sight or take for granted what you already have. Your life may not seem enough to you, but to a third eye, it might be all they want. Therefore, we should always aspire to live in the moment. Cherish every single moment spent with your family and friends. Treasure every journey, be kind to others, be there for others and most of all be happy. And that is my new resolution.

© 2018 Quill_whispers


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

sometimes even if it is hard to be happy at least strive for it because we deserve to be happy

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
1 Review
Added on May 3, 2018
Last Updated on May 3, 2018
Tags: happy, life, goals

Author

Quill_whispers
Quill_whispers

Negombo, Western province, Sri Lanka



About
A girl finding her way, one word after another.. more..

Writing