Beauty & the Beast.

Beauty & the Beast.

A Poem by Roy

Crying eyes,
Undying mind,
You try to run,
But you just can't find,

The one you seek,
Could it be me?
I just don't know,
But can you see?

Look past my face,
See into my heart,
I'm not like you,
You work of art.

I know I deserve,
One chance at least,
But we're stuck in a game,
Of beauty and the beast.

© 2012 Roy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is great. It's the silver and grey side to a storm cloud. There is room for the reader to imagine so many possibilities through the words and come up with their own perception. That's a sign of a brilliant write from a great writer. Kudos mate, keep on keeping on.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

OMG, I LOVE this poem! It hits the story of Beauty and the Beast perfectly. Well done. Wonderful write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


To see past the physical into the heart, the soul. The world is a superficial beast of its own making, we are a shallow people but if true beauty lies within some of us can see it. I like this, it's a a cry to be truly seen beyond the outside appearance.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is great. It's the silver and grey side to a storm cloud. There is room for the reader to imagine so many possibilities through the words and come up with their own perception. That's a sign of a brilliant write from a great writer. Kudos mate, keep on keeping on.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a really wonderful write.
Great rhyme and flow.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Roy, you're such an excellent writer. I must give you that credit and this poem is a great example of that statement too. I love the theme and idea of Beauty&the Beast. It's a great story of falling in love with someone for who they are instead of what they look like. I'm the type of person to love what lies within instead from the outside. I mean don't get me wrong, if you're good looking too that's a plus for me to deal with. We live in a messed up world so not everyone's minds works as nice as mine or even yours too. Wonderful job from the beginning to the very end line and word! The rhyming scheme and flow was constant and splendid! :)

No mistakes at all, nice poem overrall.

"The one you seek,
Could it be me?
I just don't know,
But can you see?" --Those lines are beautiful. I sometimes used to ask myself those questions when crushing on a guy that's so totally out of league.

"Look past my face,
See into my heart"--I wish everyone could do that instead of vice versa. Don't you agree with me?

Ashley Rivers--Dream BIG and you'll win BIG ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Call_Me_Miss_Imperfect

11 Years Ago

I'm guessing you said thank you. So I'll say you're welcome ;)
Roy

11 Years Ago

I put a heart omg D: stupid website.
I would put something more but I'm very bad at replying t.. read more
Call_Me_Miss_Imperfect

11 Years Ago

Haha yeah I know. This website has too many glitches. But I totally understand:)
This is a really sweet poem, nice job :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

328 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 21, 2012
Last Updated on December 21, 2012
Tags: beauty, and, the, beast, crying, run, seek, me, heart, face

Author

Roy
Roy

Darwen, North-West, United Kingdom



About
Hi! My name's Roy Brown. I'm from England. I've been writing for as long as I can remember. I don't write often though. Mostly when my emotions are heightened. Also, I really don't know how to wri.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Warped Tour Warped Tour

A Poem by Andie