Sole Triumph

Sole Triumph

A Chapter by Raef C. Boylan

Rulers lie abandoned in tall nettles;
everything is now measured in death.
To love is to leap
for the bullet without hesitation;
to perpetrate your own assassination
is to be stung, but better the sting
of momentary sanity than to be cheated
out of personal triumph.

Snatch

 

it is taken
from us; the opportunity to achieve
for ourselves the one thing that matters,
all that counts. Who’s counting?

 
[Vampire Man laughs in his castle
and teaches us the number of the day]

 
We are learning for the sake of knowledge,
wisdom to the wise like booze to the alcoholic:
they secretly get off on it,
the status of having something
even if it is a disease.

 



© 2008 Raef C. Boylan


Author's Note

Raef C. Boylan
I wrote this when I was 16, so don't hurt it...but be helpful if you can. Thanks.
Does it make any sense?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

We can try to educate, but some things, the ones that may mean a death sentence are beyond us. We cannot force people to adopt safe practices.

Of course, it means something quite different. But that's okay. I like the reference to The Count.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I may not get the message myself. Not going to try and cheat and look at the other reviews. But man I really lover every line in this poem. Really f*****g good. Must of took a while or was writen really fast.


The way snatch is right in the middle of think of woman and not in a postive way at all. Like they are the problems of most relationships. Not that it has to be the one that you are in bed with but their friends. Contalnly being judged by outside sources so it's not just realtionship with just them but all their friends. And odly if it's not them then it's own the females in your life telling you this one is not good enough for you either she's this or he's this way and too much of this or that. Just stay away.

Well that's the first part the second part reminds me a bit of Sesame Street. The first stanza of the second part has nothing to do with it.

But to have do what counts. Yeah right like the people that tell you to hang in there when you tell them that you're having a bad day or things aren't going that well. They want you to hang in there because they don't really want to get involved they just that with the words "What's up?" you were going to say good and it would end at that. So you've got it figured out and that's what counts as long you've got umbrella when it rains don't get wet. Or to wet.

Yes just wanting to learn more and more to know more then the idiot down the street so I can be an a*****e to who I choose so I could be a mentor to someone because I know all these things. Such a power trip and it's easy to get caught up in. What you're telling me you can't quote this person or that person you don't get the allusions to that song that I put in there. Well that's fine you just showed me that to converse with you is far below my level and I should try to talk to people that are in the know.

Looking at the title again and thinking about the motorcycle. Like all that we learn all that we build up to isn't slow like most people tend to think of as slow and time consuming. But it's fast. And we don't really learn from other people that well. You can post all the things that you want but it's going to take me to read for myself and decide weather or not this is bullshit or not. Like most things we learn on our own even if we don't want to admit.

Again I doubt that I got it right. Just tell me what it means.



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

is to be stung, but better the sting
of momentary sanity than to be cheated
out of personal triumph.

Hmmmm, read this a few times and see a few hidden messages.
Desire to achieve, struggling to be better than everyone else, pride, very raw imagary with the vampire man who laughs in his castle, maybe its never enough, we can't learn life, but only experience the lessons I guess.
Prob way off but loved your words.........

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Child education, the count, rulers laying in the grass....
To love is to leap
for the bullet without hesitation;
to perpetrate your own assassination
is to be stung, but better the sting
of momentary sanity than to be cheated
out of personal triumph.

Why should learning, going out on a limb, be branded failing. Grasp your own ideas, this is where genius comes from. Those silver bullets.
I may be completely misinterpreting, it wouldn't be the first time.

Even so, I love this, the images you have effortlessly created, but so well worked.
This piece deserves many more reviews.
Sorry it has taken me so long, my reading list is as long as my leg.
Kind regards. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


this is...intriguing. While I'm not quite sure what it's about--is it the elitism of education, how knowledge gets more and more adictive like drugs? Whatever it is, the words are powerful. Good job.

Posted 17 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

570 Views
5 Reviews
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on April 12, 2008


Author

Raef C. Boylan
Raef C. Boylan

Coventry, UK, United Kingdom



About
Hey there. RAEF C. BOYLAN Where Nothing is Sacred: Volume One www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/where-nothing-is-sacred-volume-i/1637740 I can also .. more..

Writing
Shrubs Shrubs

A Story by Raef C. Boylan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fox Fox

A Chapter by Raef C. Boylan