Return To Me

Return To Me

A Story by Irish_Ranger
"

A true story; a letter to someone who has touched my heart, and has mysteriously faded out of reach.

"
I know you're out there. I've always imagined you, but could never picture you. Now I've seen you with my own eyes. I can't even try to deny your existence anymore. You're too real for disbelief. You've transcended all doubt.

We've even touched briefly; what I felt was warmth and comfort, something I haven't known in years. The moment I had it, I didn't want to let it go.

Could I be wrong to think that you felt it too? You'd become the unexpected answer to so many questions and troubles I've held inside, I can't see how I could be wrong. How could I come this far, only to fall short of my goal?

Have my own eyes deceived me? Have you?

Like a blind man, I find myself groping at darkness, hoping to somehow lay hold of you once more. I can't find you. I can't see you. I can't feel you or hear you.

Somewhere, someone is laughing at me. It could be my own heart, ever the mocking trickster, leading me astray into loneliness.

Denial comes again. But I no longer deny you; I deny that you've left me alone. I deny that the limited time we've spent together has been in vain. I deny that it's all been a dream, the mistaken visions of a fool.

I don't deny you. You're one of the few things I believe in anymore.

Come back and prove me right. Prove that I'm only foolish because I've become too zealous for you, that I've become dependent on you and what you are to me.

Return to me.

© 2011 Irish_Ranger


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
Added on May 2, 2011
Last Updated on May 2, 2011