A Thousand Souls

A Thousand Souls

A Story by RealmWriter

Fog rolled around my ankles, like serpents seeking their revenge on stolen prey. Silence hung over my shoulders like a cape, the aura I had sensed a few moments ago had grown heavy. Standing around me gravestones, I could only see the ones that surrounded me; the others lost among the fog. My Shadow Guard began to wither away; jumping a few feet back I watched as a tall, slender figure stepped where my Shadow Guard once was. A kabuki mask seeping with ivory liquid, his hands long and skeletal like. Gleaming red armour like it was created from the blood of it's victims; this creatures aura was strange and hard to keep track of as it had bounded all over the graveyard. I placed my hand on the handle of my sword, observing the figure carefully; as it raised its hand in my direction. "You, of all people in this terrene of people, soldiers, knights, guards, and demons. Were sent to seek me?" his voice shallow and raspy. I remained with my guard up," I came to seek Darkius Blair. I am, Phoenix Angeleus, the master of Lazurius the blade of a thousand souls." my voice was a bit shaken.
     The dark figure stood there in silence, "And you seek Darkius Blair, for what you peasant?" The words stood before me as an insult, keeping my posture. "To ask what he seeked for many years ago. When he destroyed the village, the legion of Xekoi Warriors and killed many innocent civilians." Slowly reaching up to his mask, he removed it slowly; and what he revealed behind the simple mask made my heart drop. The ivory liquid was seeping from his eyes, bloodshot and wicked. A pale scar torn face, his teeth jagged and sharp like that of shattered glass. That menacing grin could tear through the walls of a labyrinth; "Ah yes, Incanta the village of Xekoi Warriors. You seemed to have the familiar aura from many years ago. Could you've been the child I spared to suffer alone?" A slight shiver ran down my spine, "Yes that is me. You sparred me to suffer for many years Darkius; but yet you left me with the power to keep fighting after you killed everyone. Your damnation shall not be forgiven so lightly."
                

       

© 2016 RealmWriter


Author's Note

RealmWriter
I'm only a part of this story so my idea isn't being taking or anything along that line. Let me know what you think because all reviews and comments will be appreciated; because I want to become a better writer.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's pretty good. I do think that you put some punctuation in places where it didn't need to be, and didnt put it where it should have been, but it still didn't take away too much from my interest in the actual story. Keep it up!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Really nice descriptions, a lot of potential

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 7, 2016
Last Updated on November 7, 2016

Author

RealmWriter
RealmWriter

Phoenix, AZ



About
I'm an 18 year old writer, I love writing and it's become a wonderful hobby in my life. Not only do I write stories, I write poetry, and my own song lyrics. I started writing when I was 12; inspired b.. more..

Writing