Hellos and Seven Hells!

Hellos and Seven Hells!

A Chapter by Rimpi Saikia
"

"What's up with people these days!?"

"
"My favorite inside source
I'll kiss your open sores.."
The earphones blared with that particular Nirvana song with that controversial title and for the four thousand and fife hundred and sixty eighth time I look up at the sky and mentally cuss as I walk along the busy streets of Adolexis. Some sixty-four days since have I attained this peculiar 'calm' factor of non-chalance; my mind filled with countless thoughts and yet analyzing none at all. It felt like a Kaleidoscope of events and the feelings associated with them; a blur picture of my happenings. I let my mind do whatever the hell it wanted, it was relaxing. The streets felt good; the people around me minding their own goddamn businesses felt great. Ever since my room had it's own personal 'invasion', I began to take a liking to these buzzling streets and designed them in a way of my own with songs to suit myself. Walking around carefree was bliss, I'd ocassionaly close my eyes and blind out all the "Hey! Watch where you're going!", "What's wrong with you, Miss?" and "Mom! Look, a weirdo!" I had attained my own personal Nirvana and felt alive; all well and good.
I was walking through the center of the city humming, buzzing, shouting, cussing when I came across a construction site. It was this big apartment-type thing and I wondered how great it would be to piss on the world from that high a roof-top. My legs had attained their own personal Nirvana too, and hence worked on their own. I say it again to make myself clear; my legs took me there, i was not particularly interested.
I entered what looked like an empty apartment shell, but realized soon enough that it was not all that empty. I heard few voices and had half a mind to retreat, mostly due to repulsion rather than intimidation. But you see my eyes had attained a Nirvana of their own and wanted to peek. I say it again; my eyes sneaked a peak, I was not particularly interested; that's when I saw them.
It was that band I almost forgot about.
Yep. No mistake about it. I could recognize the vocalist as soon as I saw him. He had those deep blue eyes which shot out testosterone into the air like a fountain.
Now, you see, I could not care less and assumed getting the hell out of there would not hurt. But my mouth had attained a Nirvana of it's own, and wanted to say hello. I say it again; my mouth wanted to blurt, I was not particularly interested. But then those guys were good at whatever they did, and I could most certainly spare some of my 'Konichiwas' to them. What was the worst that could happen anyway? They might just throw me out of the building; but since there was no one else around to witness my moment of shame, I decided I could risk that.
So I just went ahead with a "excuse me, can you show me the way to St. Langdon's? I'm lost." and regretted it soon after.
Hmm my mouth as it seems was at it's peak of enlightenment.
All four guys looked up at me and I pretty much started calculating backwards from hundred in my head. Now I could recognize this vocalist with eyes bluer than the Pacific and the long-haired guitarist who looked like a very bad photocopy of Jimmy Page. Then there was this maybe-Indian guy with a smile that'd put Chris Hemsworth's to shame;and a tall blonde guy whose face looked like he was constantly solving abstract algebraic equations.
"Oh hey!", The maybe-Indian guy jumped up. "It's that funny-looking girl from that day!"
Wow. You're rude.
"Ehe...he... Oh! You do recognize,huh?", I give a fake smile even a two-year old could see through.
The guy's eyes sparkled with a brilliant charm, and just when he started walking up to me, nah, precisely 'jumping up' to me (if that phrase exists, that is); he fell on to the ground under the impression of what looked like a decent punch, coming from the blue-eyed vocalist.
"Is that how you talk to a lady, a*****e?"
Woah! Nice guy.
"Hey, that hurts!", the maybe-Indian guy rubbed his cheeks and made a face which would make you want to bring him home and treat him to some extra warm soup, all the while singing to him. Nevertheless, he was completely and sorrowfully ignored by his band mate; who was more interested in the cat that had sneaked in, the cat that was me.
"Extremely sorry about that rude choice of words, Mademoiselle." The guy lowered his eyes in a submissive way, or rather 'hit me wherever you like, babe' way; and he freaking bowed! What was with these guys!?
"Woah! That's a funny-looking pose you got there, Sam!"
"Shut your trap for a second.", the guy turned to me again and in all sincerity I was a bit nervous.
"Miss, do you have any idea how long this hopeless soul of mine have been searching for the fountain of your beauty?", he said and held my hand.
I immediately recoiled,"Excuse me!"
"Oh my! Pardon my arrogant advances, oh epitome of love!" He bowed again, and his eyes looked genuinely sorry. "My innate inability to control my deep hidden love-blossom against the hard waves of your sophistication, indeed, is shameful!" This time he went as much as to going down on his knees and I definitely regretted every Nirvana my body had attained so far and tried to run.
Meanwhile, the guy solving algebraic equations had abandoned his seat of honor to walk up to the commotion and handed this weirdo of a man a bottle of alcohol.
"Here", he said to the guy who already seemed dead-drunk to me. "Sober up."
What the hell was I still doing there anyway? Get your a*s out, Niara!
"Sorry about that. He's a bit too poetic. Gets carried away from time to time."
Wait. This one sounds like a normal human being! I left my anti-theistic stance that very instant and thanked the old man upstairs.
"You wanted us to tell you how to get to St. Langdon's, right? Just walk up straight down the road and turn left after crossing the Central Mall, You should be already looking at the main entrance by then.", he said with expertise; and I was glad I could finally run away.
"Err... hehe... thanks! Thanks a bunch!"
"Don't mention it," the guy smiled but then looked at me like his favorite equations. "But MIss, you don't really look like you're new here in Adolexis. You're walking quite comfortably in your pajamas."
Crap. Busted.
His eyes pried for an answer and I knew there was no point in pretending anymore. So I very casually threw out "Yeah. You're right. My mouth just wanted to say hello. But it regrets it now." like it was the most normal thing to say.
He winked twice and the maybe-Indian started again, "Woah that's a funny thing to say!"
I noticed the long-haired guitar guy had been staring the whole time, but did not utter a single word.
Algebra guy smiled, "Well since you went through the trouble of coming to us to say hello-"
"I didn't. My mouth did." I tried to sound as serious as I looked.
Maybe-Indian giggled, "That's a funny looking mouth!"
"Hehe,,,errr,,,", Algebra-guy scratched his head, "Whatever eases you. So why don't we introduce ourselves?"
"The name's Niara. Hi."
"Hello Niara," We shook hands. "The name's Franky. I'm the bassist."
"Meh."
"That's rude."
"I know."
"Bwahaha so funny!!", maybe-Indian was rolling on the floor. To be honest this was my first time seeing someone actually rolling on the floor laughing and ironically the prospects of humor in this particular situation to me was nil.
"That's Arpit. He's the drummer."
"Oh. So he's Indian after all."
"I'm guessing that'd be rude too."
"Meh."
"Holy cow!", Arpit could hardly contain himself. "Is it that obvious though bwahahaha."
This guy surely must have been dropped by the head as a kid.
"Yo, miss!" That one hell of a weird guy with blue eyes was back and I actually hid behind Franky.
"You are the one who collabed with me the other day near St. Langdon's, right?"
Seven hells did he actually sober up!?
"What on earth!? That was you!?", Franky jumped up in surprise.
"Don't tell me you never noticed, asswipe!" Arpit picked up the half empty bottle of alcohol that blue eyes left on the floor. "I told you she was funny looking!"
Franky calculated,"You know that'd be rude too."
"Anyway, Niara, was it?",blue eyes stared somewhere near me and I nodded. "Why'd you leave that day? We were searching all over for you!"
Heck did they forget the cops already?
"Batman over there was hell-bent on making you join our band,you know.", He looked at the long haired guitarist. "Yo batsy! Get your a*s down here!"
"By the way," he grabbed me by my waist and I shrieked; "I'm Samuel, they call me Sam. Pleased to make your acquaintance, Mademoiselle!"
"Oi!" I shouted out to Franky and Arpit. "I guess this one'd need some more sobering up!"
Arpit forced the alcohol down his throat and he seemed cleared up for the time. "Oh yeah, Batman!"
The long-haired guitar guy had already come down from where he was sitting. He had a cigarette in his mouth and seemed to be spacing out.
"See, Niara," Sam continued;"This is Batman, our personal treasure and guitarist. I've never seen him being as amazed with any other performance as he was with yours. Ain't that right, batsy?"
"Huh? I guess..", Batman spaced out.
I instantly realized why he was called Batman after all. Though lasted in my ears for mere miliseconds, that growling voice was unmistakably similar to Christian Bale as the superhero.
"Why is he spacing out?" I ask Sam. "He looks retarded."
"Never mind him." Sam sighed,"He's forgetful."
"He is an idiot." Arpit pouted, "He doesn't even remember his name. He's so funny looking at that."
"You know that's rude, Arpit." Franky commented and I wondered if I could ever say 'Arpit' as perfectly as Franky does.
"Heck you guys are so weird." I know I'm not the one to talk, yet I said that without the least bit of hesitation. These guys made my weird seem like a breath of fresh air.
"That's rude again. Kids these days...", Franky spaced out just like a ninety-year old would after saying that.
"So, Niara," Sam chucked in and pointed his finger at me almost giving out an aura of authority. "You'd be my new partner. Welcome to my band."
"No way in hell I would!"
"But it's already decided! It's been written in the stars." He waved theatrically. "Ain't that right, Franky? Arpit? Batsy?"
"Hmm? Yeah I guess..." Batsy was dozing off trust me.
"She's rude. But it's okay. She sings well." Franky said calculating.
"She's funny-looking but I like her." Arpit gave me his brightest smile. "Come join us! We'll have tons of fun!"
"In your dreams,"said I. "Who said anything about joining anything? I just came by and said hello, that's all!"
"Are you actually implying I'm letting such a bountiful epitome of love disappear right before my eyes, my future wife?'Sam came ridiculously close and this time I shoved the bottle of alcohol right into his mouth myself.
"It was a pleasure making your acquaintance, gentlemen." I turned my back on them, "But I must depart before being shoved to the point of killing myself. Have a good day ahead." I picked up my Nirvana attained legs and decided to run as fast as nature permits, while leaving all my vanity aside and bowing to the Almighty to never make me face these guys again. And right when I was one step afar from implementing that,I could feel an uncanny chill as someone else walked up the building...
"Oh! Having a little fun party, are we?" The man walking up to me in the Adolexis police uniform said and smiled at all of us.
"You wouldn't let me miss out on all the fun, will you now; Degenerate Pirates?"


© 2017 Rimpi Saikia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nirvana... Degenerate pirates... Guitarist Batman... I hope I was not dropped on the head as a child... Haha, this made me smile at the slight silly feel, and multiple uses of nirvana, of course... Degenerately penned...

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rimpi Saikia

6 Years Ago

Indeed... as degenerate as degenerate can get :D
Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Hah, of course...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 14, 2017
Last Updated on April 19, 2017


Author

Rimpi Saikia
Rimpi Saikia

About
Sapiosexual Saganist. Science-obsessed rock chick. Logophilic otaku. more..

Writing
Runaways Runaways

A Story by Rimpi Saikia