Into the abyss

Into the abyss

A Chapter by Rimpi Saikia
"

"His heart looks for the unfathomable"

"

That particular city had a vibrantly different aura, that unheard of in any of it's contemporaries. It had kinder drizzles, nicer winters. The breeze which originated at the sea seemed to enjoy the city lights more. The skies above hovered at it's eros. The rivers seemed ridiculously happy. And it's prized posession, the ever-so-increasing twinkling lights diminished the skies above in their pride on belonging to the city right upto the horizon.The summer sun, though, didn't account for much difference. Apparently the sun was just too aware of the dark abyss the city holds; or simply didn't care.

But to him it was all pointless.

Once upon a time in that particular city dwelled a particular 'him', a particular hormonal teen beast; who had loved more than he could ever imagine, lost more than he ever thought he could take. Apologies. Too much detail for an introduction is not something he'd like. Or so is thought. But in all accuracy, he could not care less. But too much detailing does ruin the fun; and it would be at poor compliance with his present demeanor, for he'd look much happier that particular day than he usually does.

"Raiden!"

He looked up and smiled. An instinctive, genuine smile; unlike those he's lately been coercing out.

She looked as charming as ever. Maybe a bit over-enthusiastic did her exclamation of his poor name seemed to him; for this was the first time she was actually running up to him.

"It's been so long!"

Before he knew he was hugged. Yes he had missed this one.

"Two years it's been, Yami."

"Man did I miss you! Hey, you got so tall in the name of everything holy!"

True. He got taller. And a lot of things.

"You're as pretty as ever."

"Geez look at us! It's only been two years and you're already behaving like a stranger, Rai! And what's up with that God-forsaken expression on your face? Did you get bullied or some-

He cut her short with a hug. Yes, he was happy. After a long time, that is.

At least that was the closest to 'happy' as he could get.

"I.. I'm really glad you're here."

She was puzzled. "Yeah right. I'm happy to be back too."

Now this another but particular female hormonal teen beast already had a whole personal universe inside her head. All she wanted more than anything right there and then was to drag him into it and revolve it around him. But he was being strange; as strange as the city's drizzles. A whole lot of stuff rumbled through her universe; but the substance of all of that was that she wasn't sure she was talking to the guy she left behind two years ago to be on her own; and who claimed to be her best friend all the time.

"Yo! Am I missing out my own tear-jerking reunion moment?"

Her train of thoughts interrupted by a sharp voice; she looked around. So this was him. Rai"s new best friend. She decided she'd hate him for no reason.

"Ah, pretty lady! Remember me?"; the guy smirked.

"Jay.", she said; not entirely filled with disdain but making it clear he was not really welcome.

"Oh that melody in your voice! How we've missed that!", he cheerfully exclaimed, holding his best friend by the neck. The best friend however had his mind wandering.

"So, dear Yami, I'm sure I've a height worth taking notice."

This guy definitely got guts; listening into personal conversations where one of the person is her.

"I must go."

"What? Where you going, Rai?"

He didn't know. It's been a year he's searching for a proper destination.

"See you, Yami. Welcome back."

"Rai! Hey Rai what the hell?"

He walked out of the schoolyard, pretending he was busy. He was not. He was happy, a part of him did want to stay with his long lost friend; but the other part was just a hollow. Precisely, an abyss.He had to get away from her before his dark side takes control of him.

And besides, he had a destination to look for.

.........



© 2017 Rimpi Saikia


Author's Note

Rimpi Saikia
Phew, so that was my first attempt at chapter writing completed. I know it's messed up but pleeaassseeee bear with me! I promise I'll be better! ;)

Do vote and leave a review if you like it! Much love <3 <3


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

226 Views
Added on April 3, 2017
Last Updated on April 3, 2017


Author

Rimpi Saikia
Rimpi Saikia

About
Sapiosexual Saganist. Science-obsessed rock chick. Logophilic otaku. more..

Writing
Runaways Runaways

A Story by Rimpi Saikia