Consideration of Us

Consideration of Us

A Story by Spencer Barker

I write for you today because there is something in my mind that needs to be discussed and perhaps you have wondered the same issue. 
Social media provides us, humans, with the connection we often times do not allow. From the click of a button we are able to talk to family members or friends or significant others that hail from all over the world. 
You know how you feel, after your phone rings or buzzes, the feeling that you should unlock your phone and see what it is exactly that has caught your attention in the first place? So have I. 
And what makes this so, shall we say tempting, all enthralling? Many reasons can conclude why it is that we are so tempted, so over-enjoyed when we are able to check our digital lives and see what it is that we have received. One of them is the idea that we all must have social interaction. An idea touched on by Aristotle that emphasizes a human need for other humans... 
As much as we may feel anger, frustration, and annoyance with others, it is the reason that we feel this perhaps because of what we see of each other; a book can be written on the possible, various ways we see each other, but one I have often wondered is if we have, in our present situation as a country, state, and people, grown distant and maybe alienated from each other because we are led to believe that we, depending on what we may believe or think is the right way and that the other or opposite is the wrong way. 
This is not true, at least not to my perceptions of the issue. Why should there only be one, definitive answer? Why should there be only one answer? When we have thought up and developed the various perspectives in science, politics, culture, and religions, why, after considering that there are many different ideas, must we believe out of all those that we have developed, there should only be one that is correct? 
So back to the main point, humans have a natural desire, need to be with each other, to experience interaction, physical or verbally. 
As I'm sure you have noticed, I have a tendency to go a little off topic, but please let me leave you with a thought; think of it how you may, but consider this? 
What is it about that person you see down the street walking toward you, the person eating lunch by themselves in the cafeteria, the person intimately studying for their future career, the person contemplating life not only of their own but of their friends and family, and the person you see everyday, what is it about these people that you like? Perhaps once we recognize what we like about them we can overcrowd the annoyances we occasionally get and see the brightness of the human spirit. 

© 2017 Spencer Barker


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on April 25, 2017
Last Updated on April 25, 2017
Tags: Philosophy, Love, People, Humans, Together, Existence, Thoughts