Rock Band Geek

Rock Band Geek

A Story by Sagemind
"

This is a story about a geek who's totally into Rock Band drums. Yet he may be less powerful than he thinks...

"

Rock Band Geek

 

He was a god. A god brought down to Earth for one purpose: to play Rock Band. And his name was Darryl.

He was hitting so many notes that he, even he, had lost count of his streak. He was on his way to one hundred percenting Tom Sawyer. He barely batted an eyelash at songs such as Run to the HIlls and Flirtin' With Disaster. Now, it was time to conquer Sawyer.

His bandmates were on Medium, bless them, but they had their purposes. If their band, named Mental Jubilation Spree, were to score enough points on the Big Rock Ending (and, of course, hit the notes at the end) they would have the biggest score ever scored. It would go into the billions range, he was sure, and he would even beat out his rival, the dreaded "Uber_pwner is_1337." This gamer had almost surpassed Darryl in Gamerscore, and had already gotten a bigger score than Darryl in Rock Band. But Darryl would soon rectify that.

His hands blurred as he hit the quick drum solo and still was able to glance at his bandmates and make sure they were still doing reasonably well. They were, but Darryl, caught up in his own glory, forgot about them almost completely. He was hitting notes, stomping the foot pedal, tears already fogging his vision. He blinked them away quickly and continued on.

"Yeah, boiiiy!" he yelled as the Big Rock Ending approached. "Make sure to hit the last notes!" His hands blurred again as he poured his heart and soul out into the ending. He was draining himself, to be sure, but it was worth it. The Big Rock Ending score hit one hundred thousand, and he would have just enough to beat out Uber_pwner is_1337. The Big Rock Ending finished, and he just had the last three notes. This was the culmination of his entire life's work, the pinnacle of his existence, the point at which every man sees the top of the mountain and takes the last few steps.

The guitarist pulled off the last riff. The bassist up-strummed the last few notes. And Darryl missed all three.

 

End.

© 2008 Sagemind


Author's Note

Sagemind
I tried to paint a sad, pathetic picture here. What do you guys think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on September 7, 2008

Author

Sagemind
Sagemind

North Las Vegas, NV



About
Hi, I'm Alex. I've been a writer for a long time and I look forward to entering contests. I've been fourteen since the 20th of August (sorry for not updating) and I love video games and reading. I lov.. more..

Writing
Empty Empty

A Poem by Sagemind


Beautiful Beautiful

A Story by Sagemind


Ambush Ambush

A Story by Sagemind