Dear World

Dear World

A Poem by Sam

 

Dear World
 
Dear World
I may not act
As you expect me to act
I may not dress
As you expect me to dress
 
Dear World
I may not listen to the music
You expect me to listen to
I may not watch the things
You expect me to watch
 
Dear World
I may not have the interest
You expect me to have
I may not spend my time
As you expect me to spend my time
 
Dear World
I have a family that loves and supports me
I have friends that understand and care for me
I know who I am
It all comes down to this simple fact, dear world, I do not need you

© 2008 Sam


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this.... I love that your not afraid to say what you feel and be your own person...this is a fantastic way of adressing it... very nicely done...

P.S. I did not misunderstand the last line =)
Guess I am special or just relate very well with it.... any how

amazing work,

~Frances~

Posted 16 Years Ago


I like the idea for this poem alot. Also, I LOVE the last line "I just don't need you". Good poem!

Posted 16 Years Ago


another well done peom thats making me cry. i like how you feel comfartable with yourself even though the world is different from you. most poeple feel that they arent what the world wants them to be and i am happy that you are able to break free and say i am happy as who i am.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I think its good when we see ourselves as individuals, and not as a part of a group. We all need to think, act, promote and address life and its issues from our hearts, and not "according to the group." That doesn't mean we don't need friends, but we should always strive to remain who we are, what we are, and not allow others to influence the way we act, dress, talk etc.

Nice write, except for the last line, we all need friends:-)

Argentina

Posted 16 Years Ago


Well, it is a good poem about your own individuality in the face of the oppressive. I think that people need a reality check. Everyone just needs to realize that not everyone will fit one specific mold. If we did, life would be incredibly boring I think. I mean, if all of us was considered the ideal to the "norm" image of a good person, then we would all have to be the exact same. Without individuality their clothing designers would not have nearly as much work to do and considering who the "normal" people are, they wouldn't enjoy wearing the exact same outfit as someone else. I love how this was about expressing yourself without needing to take the words of the World into account. Too many people are held back because of the words of their peers and I think that's a shame. Just to be writing here you cannot exactly be the "norm" because many do not appreciate poetry or the arts in general for that matter. I'm glad that the anti-"normal" culture is still alive and well. I just hope it stays that way.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I enjoyed this poem very much. I liked all the lines except the last because I think we all need each other. Perhaps if you said, I don't need your approval to be happy or something like that you could keep the upbeat tone of the poem. Another good ending would be 'why do I need the world when I have all that.' The poem is well written, and I see no grammatical errors. Thanks for sharing it!



Posted 16 Years Ago


Dare to be yourself! It's sad that those of us who choose to not follow the 'norm' of society, whatever that may be find ourselves not fully accepted by the world around us. But you did a wonderful job in this poem showing how you don't need to because of all the things that make you who you are and make you accepted. Great write.

Brette

Posted 16 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Amen! Nicely done and skillfully presented! Thank you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Amen On That, well written and well expressed. I find no flaws to report. get it, got it, and couldn't agree more. excellent work. I will have to add this one to my library. I give it 5 jalapenos

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on April 1, 2008

Author

Sam
Sam

Writing
Death Death

A Story by Sam



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..