The Call

The Call

A Story by bed's writing
"

Does a call make a difference?

"
It was already late that morning.. I woke up to see a greyish black morning where I couldn't find a huge difference between the dusk and the dawn. Yes it was a black morning thoroughly again without a perfect life without her again.. I touched the fingerprint of my phone to see no new messages on my phone.. I remembered my phone used to be full of kisses and hugs and ' oi acho?'(Are you there?)But life changes.. habits too change.. some leave alone some get married. But one thing remains the common 'MYSELF'. I was tired and sick of feeling myself a loser with no one to live for.. Social medias reminded of my wrong doings every moment in my life.. but life moves one.. from black bold eyes to the black bold calibri of your MS word document.. from local trains to locality of your life.. And thus fight begins again with a new challenge to face.. I reached my office on 9:44 16 minutes earlier to perfect.. now I run my clock earlier. Coz I realised it's better to be earlier than to be late.. My realisations turned towards Neeta as she entered with a blue formals dragging through her shoulders.. " Sorry bro! Lots of work at home she murmured.. and then came her partner in crime Rima.. the duo keeps the office alive with their mischievous selfies and their pranks on boss. To my right was Rajiv the cool guy but dedicated to his work.. to his left was hard-working Ika (Chandreyika) my only partner to talk with as she could understand me well... She was bubbly girl but was hoping for a promotion from our sttuborn boss Mr RJ Teja... And finally the man who came on sharp 10am with his sleeves nicely tucked with no smile but a determination and a challenge in him with itchy beards and rough moustache was Mr Rwidhorito Banerjee.. with no words on his mouth but to a call....Which came 5:45 pm just when our office comes to an end.. Afternoon was still dark that day just like my love.. which faded away as time went on.. My lunches now a days consist of a coffee,cookie and my premium goldflake. While Rima and Neeta where gossiping about Mr Tejas party trends.. Rajiv was busy with her Bandegi and Rwidho didn't give a f**k about lunch ...he was working.. " what do you think is he a little pshycho?" I was awakened by ika's voice with her big eyes wanting a reply to her question.. " A little bit but I think he is a nice guy". " What nice keeps silent and speaks to his girlfriend for 15 minutes" mumed she as she took a bite to my cookie with a creamy moustache on her cute lips.. "how do you know that it his girlfriend? " " Overtime with boss will even answer what nation wants to know".. " well you can't take the credit from him as he only speaks 15 minutes of his life.. I dream for it everyday"I said with my reluctant voice" " hey I call you everyday.. " answered ika " yeah to know whether I am taking a day off or not or else you will be bored with no one to speak to".. I replied... " Shut up! "As she waved my beard and went back to his pink chair.. I wanted to spend another good 2-3 minutes with her.. I wanted to smell her hairs I wanted to tell her she resembled to someone I know for years I wanted to tell her how much I love her eyes but I folded my self back.. I know I can't ... I can't afford to do it again she might be some else's... And gradually came the drastic evening with flooding rains and Rima Neeta where finding a plot to con the boss.. while Rajiv has a date again with Bandegi in a Chinese restaurant only dumb asses (me and ika) where still battling for supremacy and there was Rwidho who just had a bottle of water for lunch and still on his desk ... All plans where shown a red card when boss said" I need this project over by tonight" and all where shattered except two one who never had problems at all and the one who could see her ika for extra couple of hours... Neeta and Rima called at their respective homes and started their daily soaps while Rajiv was furious as she was on another project to calm his Bandegi... Ika was too busy with someone and she was smiling with someone over the phone.. I could see my self drenched in those heavy drops of rains where I washed away and my life too I lit a cigarette and watched my clock it was 5:43 I realised I had no one to call to share my feelings and to worsen the matters Rwidho picked up his 'call'.. I breathed a huge sigh and closed my eyes... Life was really difficult.. No one was there for me.. my little world inside me died.. I sat next to Rwidho's desk to see a glimpse of ika she was laughing by then... She was happy... Suddenly I was struck by the voice of Rwidho " did you have your lunch?" " Alright don't worry I am always there for you... I love you" said Rwidho with a masculine voice ...I felt happy for that man who was fully dedicated to his work that he found time for his partner atleast 15 minutes... I thought that 15 minutes was his life for 15 years to come..." I miss your cheeks ... Don't worry this Sunday I will take care of it" I never knew Rwidho was romantic his eyes met with mine and I saw he was smiling for the first time.. every one had someone to take care of I didn't I had Yamai Fashion who messaged me hey you are missing one 50%discount on Pepe jeans... I could only watch the beautiful lives around me ..." Okk bye I miss u take care.. take medicines okk? And don't forget to take your clothes to Ramus Iron shop okk? Love you .. bye" hanged up Rwidho and left this chair for a walk..He was so caring he was a nice chap... I went on to his desk to find almost everything of the project is completed..And could figure out how much he was dedicated to life.. I was curious enough to look for his love and thus I swiped up his phone lock he didn't have a pin or pattern. To check his log I was taken aback to see the last call .. it was in the morning 6:33 am but I just saw he hung his phone and went for a walk how could he delete the log... And finally I got my answer.. as I went back to main menu his file manager was open with a folder name 'mmmmmm' I hurriedly opened it to find a sub folder which said recordings.. and when I opened it I couldn't believe my eyes a recording was paused at 14:56 minutes.. I played it from the first.. I listened it for '15 minutes'... I kept back his phone took my umbrella and went out on that raining evening I didn't care to answer my boss or ika I went away.... I didn't open my umbrella as the recording already drenched me.... I kept questioning myself why rwidho why? Perhaps his life... His life still remained on 'The Call' which he answered every evening knowing she was not there anymore... 'The Call ' everyday reminded him how good life was to him..'The Call' reminded how cruel life was and finally 'The Call ' reminded him who he was...........

© 2018 bed's writing


Author's Note

bed's writing
Ignore grammatical errors please!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on November 23, 2017
Last Updated on March 26, 2018

Author

bed's writing
bed's writing

Kolkata, Kolkata, India



About
I write my own... My pen is my soul.. more..

Writing