The Forbidden Ally (Version 2)

The Forbidden Ally (Version 2)

A Stage Play by Sasha Morales
"

Taylor wakes up two weeks after the fight of her life. Dazed and confused she tries to make sense of the situation with the help of her best friend Aidenn.

"
The Forbidden Ally

(Opens with Taylor laying down, asleep. Aidenn is at the table playing with a knick-knack. Taylor starts screaming and Aidenn runs over to her, shaking her to wake her up)

Taylor: (Looks around confused) Where am I?

Aidenn: Somewhere safe.

Taylor: Where is safe?

Aidenn: A cabin.

Taylor: That doesn't make any sense I was just...

Aidenn: You really don't remember do you? (Walks away and picks up some fruit)

Taylor: Remember what? Wait, okay your name is... You look so familiar... Uhm...

Aidenn: (Shaking his head, walks back over and offers Taylor the fruit) Taylor I'm your best friend. You need to eat something.

Taylor: Aidenn...? Oh my god what happened!? (Pushes the fruit away and gets up, limping to the table)

Aidenn: Why don't you just take it easy and I'll explain later.

Taylor: No! You will explain it to me right this second!

Aidenn: Tay-

Taylor: Don't "Taylor" me. I remember my parents getting killed and I know it was because of me. Do you know how hard that was? I feel... (Looks down)

Aidenn: Look, I know this is hard on you but what happened after doesn't need to stress you out even more right now (Puts his hand on her shoulder comfortingly).

Taylor: (Shrugs his hand off and says coldly) You're supposed to be my best friend. Why won't you help me remember what happened after? (Winces and grabs her side in pain)

Aidenn: (Wraps his arms around her to support her then withdrew with a pained expression) I'll get some medicine to help heal these wounds.

Taylor: (Grabs his arm) No, you're going to tell me why I have these wounds in the first place.

Aidenn: (Pretends not to hear her and whispers to himself) We are the only ones left.

Taylor: What did you say?

Aidenn: Nothing

Taylor: Just tell me!

Aidenn: It's not that simple.

Taylor: (Throws hands up) Yes it is Aidenn. You know storytelling. Words come out of your mouth.

Aidenn: I can't Taylor, I'm sorry (Sits down at the table and fiddles with the fruit).

Taylor: (Raising her voice) Why the hell not!?

Aidenn: Fine. You really wanna know? Because you are the only one who can.

Taylor: (Confused) Wait, what? How can I be the one-

(Aidenn stands up as Taylor is talking and walks around the table to where she is standing inches away from her cutting her off saying)

Aidenn: Kiss me.

Taylor: (Bewildered. Jaw drops but says nothing)

Aidenn: That's the only way you can find out what happened in the... (Backs off and leans against the table)

Taylor: (In a small voice) In the what?

Aidenn: The Forbidden Ally.

Taylor: (Shocked) What were we doing in there!? I would... we would never go in there Aidenn! I'm so confused... So you're telling me that after my parents got killed, we went into the Forbidden Ally and tried to get revenge? Are we nuts!? And why do I have to kiss you? Explain. Right now.

Aidenn: Well you just said it, not me. But that is the general gist of it, counting out a lot of details that are hard to explain... (Gets a pained expression on his face) which is why I want you to kiss me.

Taylor: I'm still not understanding.

Aidenn: (Sighs) Okay let's put it this way: You have a gift that you can only use while kissing a specific person. This gift is that you can see the past, well basically relive, while kissing this specific person and if you haven't guessed already, that would be me.

Taylor: (Sits down trying to process all this information) Are you being serious or really just messing with me?

Aidenn: I told you that you wouldn't be ready to hear all this.

Taylor: Wait, than why can I remember that my parents died and I wanted to get revenge on those stupid a******s, but not the fact that I have this gift?

Aidenn: Don't look at me. Your mother passed it down to you, so you've had this gift all your life. You have just used me... Never mind. Anyways, maybe it is because you suffered from a bad concussion near the end of the fight in there. I thought I almost lost you...

Taylor: Were you hurt? I mean look at me (Looks down at herself) I look like s**t, you must not be any better.

Aidenn: I did get hurt but I've healed.

Taylor: How did you heal so fast?

Aidenn: (Contemplating) Well... Taylor you've been out for two weeks. The state you were in when I went back for you... (Sits down and runs his fingers through his hair)

Taylor: (Quietly) And you took care of me for all that time?

Aidenn: Yes, I had to keep you safe and make sure you were healing properly.

Taylor: Well thank you.

Aidenn: (Kind of laughs) Hey that's what best friends are for right?

Taylor: (Kind of laughs back) Right.

Aidenn: Well, you should really lie back down and rest.

Taylor: (Gets up and leans back against the table) No, I want to test out my gift.

Aidenn: (Looks pained) You need rest. You can test it out later.

Taylor: But-

Aidenn: No... And that's final. I know you are a determined, strong willed, beautiful young woman Taylor, but you need to get your strength back up. It's not quite over yet.

Taylor: You mean it didn't get solved in the...

Aidenn: It did for the most part, but not everything.

Taylor: What do you mean?

Aidenn: Later. Now rest or I will knock you out myself (Gets up and walks over to Taylor hugging her). It's good to hear your voice again.

Taylor: I can say the same... Just one more question. Why is it so important, besides healing, to rest?

Aidenn: Your gift takes a lot out of you. And you never listen to me when I say that which is why you are hurt so badly. You used your gift then went right into that fight and you shouldn't have. I'm not saying anything is your fault, I'm just saying-

(Taylor's head rolls forward while Aidenn is talking and she faints from exhaustion. Aidenn catches her and they both slide down to the floor. Aidenn starts rocking her back and forth)

[Scene]

© 2015 Sasha Morales


Author's Note

Sasha Morales
This is Version 2 of The Forbidden Ally. I originally wrote this as an assignment for theater. We were suppose to write a scene from the middle of the play. I think I would actually put this in the very beginning though. I decided to tweak it a little from the original because of the nature of the assignment, but I actually really like it.

I would love some feedback on which version is better, what works/does not work, any confusion, etc.

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed both versions, but I mainly think this version works out better and paints the scene much better. Keep writing Sasha.
-Sincerely, David.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 17, 2015
Last Updated on July 17, 2015
Tags: Forbidden Ally, Version 2, Story, Stage

Author

Sasha Morales
Sasha Morales

CA



About
I am a junior in college and I love writing. I normally just write down what comes to mind with no formal format and leave it like that. I write down thoughts, feelings, and parts of short stories. more..

Writing