Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Perfect Painting

Perfect Painting

A Story by Alicia™
"

Right there, the image freezes. A perfect painting, of a perfect little girl.

"

A little girl dances under the rain, and as she twirls, her flower printed sundress spins out into a wide umbrella. She giggles, showing of an adorable dimple on the side of her cheek and turns her head to the sky, her eyes closed, and smile on her face. A ribbon from her hair falls loose, but she doesn’t care and shakes her light brown locks loose instead, while picking up the long ribbon at the same time.

 

She ran circles around her garden, grasping the ribbon, and weaving it effortlessly through the falling raindrops, painting a picture of a perfect little girl for me without ever touching a canvas in her life.

 

In the skies the clouds parted, and the sun shone through, highlighting the tips of her cherry red cheeks. Suddenly, she stopped dancing, and her face lit up. She ran towards a rose that stood a few inches away from the doorsteps of her home, and bent down to sniff it. Her little fingers brushes gently over the delicate petals of the beautiful red flower.

 

Right there, the image freezes. A perfect painting, of a perfect little girl.

© 2009 Alicia™


Author's Note

Alicia™
Critiques and interpretations would be very much appreciated, but please ignore the length of it, since it was intended to be short.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good write

Posted 13 Years Ago


So sweet. Our inner child stays with us even until the last days of our life. I can see her soul now. A very endearing story. Bright light to my soul. Thanks for sharing with us.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Honestly, I kept waiting for something dreary to come about. In the end, it was a relief that it did not. An innocence left untarnished for once. She is a lucky girl.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a very beautiful read. I like the flow to it and the story just seems to unfold gracefully before your eyes. Very well written here.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a lovely read. I felt like looking through the eyes of a loving parent who catches that perfect painting of his/her little girl.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was so well written. Very touching at the same time. I wish I was that little girl. Great work =]

Posted 14 Years Ago


It is lovely, and very well crafted. Your strength in the language is very apparent, as this piece flows well, and sounds like it came out of a novel. Good job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Excellent imagery, this brought a smile to my face as I witnessed her innocent enjoyment of life's small pleasures. What a wonderful picture you have painted.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This certainly brought a smile to my face! You described the situation with such sweetness and simplicity, and while I was reading this, I could totally imagine everything that this girl was doing! This piece is a real reminder to us all, of how simple life can be if only we let it. :D
The only other thing that I will mention is that throughout this piece, you keep on drifting between writing in past and present tense! Other than that, this is a really cute, well-described write.
~PaperHearts

Posted 14 Years Ago


A beutiful and innocent image of such a precious child. A small glimpse of a very short moment in time that was brilliantly portrayed.. the perfection was in her just being a child.. not caring for the ribbon that fell out.. no vanity nor image issues at such a perfect age.. I found this very enlightening and wonderful!

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

485 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 11, 2009
Last Updated on October 11, 2009

Author

Alicia™
Alicia™

Where dreamers reside



About
Hello, everyone! I don't think I really need to say my name, but I love getting to know people, so feel free to leave me a message. One thing though: please don't send me read requests for books or.. more..

Writing
Galaxy Galaxy

A Poem by Alicia™


Beyond You Beyond You

A Poem by Alicia™



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..