True Blue

True Blue

A Poem by Skoo.

 

It came out of the blue,

This addiction.

 

I add drops of it to everything

I eat or drink,

It cheers me up,

Helps with the pain,

Makes me feel alive again.

 

"Put the bottle down" they said,

"That stuff ain't good for you."

But it makes me forget

The grey skies outside,

Clears this blackened mind,

And wipes away the tears I've cried.

 

I'll row the boat

Gently down the stream of blue,

And allow the drink

To dye my dreams shades of sky,

Allow my mind the fly

Free of curses that made it shy

Away from love.

 

Take me away to pastures new,

With my bottle of dreams, a bottle of blue.

 

© 2011 Skoo.


Author's Note

Skoo.
I'm aware, this poem has so little structure it barely qualifies as a poem.
But there isn't a genre for "Words Just Randomly Whacked Onto A Page" :I
This poem is about blue food colouring, by the way. Which me and Jenny used to dye everything we ate blue for an entire weekend. We had blue pancakes, blue noodles, blue spaghetti hoops, blue milk... Good times :D But I'm not an alcoholic (:
Thankyou for reading (: ♥

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love that you used the color blue. Although this is just an accdent, just the color you happened to be using, it is a very symbolic color. Blu represents tranquility, life, purity. This fit the tone of the poem very well.

Not all poems have to have a structure. I like that this didn't. Gives you more freedom to be creative, not having to follow specific guidelines.

You have a great ability to take the simplest of experiences (dyeing all of your food blue. How silly) and creating something so meaningful and almost lyrical out of it. You and jenny are a good team, and you should keep writing about the things you two do together. Keep randomly whaking those words on your page, cuz it's working for you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh Hells yeah!!! This is spectacular! You've cobbled together random word thought-forms into a rather tasty treat for the psyche. I'll have mine with blueberry jam please...

Food colouring... I used to do that. Well, not with EVERYTHING but only because my parents wouldn't let me. *Grr*

I have to admit that my mind coloured this piece as Green as the Absinthe Fairy that I may no longer safely enjoy... Just goes to show how much readers place of themselves into literature. Also, the mark of great poetry, that we do!

Posted 12 Years Ago


What a randomly awesome poem ^^

Posted 13 Years Ago


What fun with the blue food coloring Scooby. And even so your Randomly Whacked words are exquisitely painted on the page. Well done. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Fantastic:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love that you used the color blue. Although this is just an accdent, just the color you happened to be using, it is a very symbolic color. Blu represents tranquility, life, purity. This fit the tone of the poem very well.

Not all poems have to have a structure. I like that this didn't. Gives you more freedom to be creative, not having to follow specific guidelines.

You have a great ability to take the simplest of experiences (dyeing all of your food blue. How silly) and creating something so meaningful and almost lyrical out of it. You and jenny are a good team, and you should keep writing about the things you two do together. Keep randomly whaking those words on your page, cuz it's working for you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this was so much fun to read...and your explanation at the end is so cute.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this was true. and there really isn't a words just randomly whacked onto a page genre, though their should be.

Posted 13 Years Ago


you know, poems aren't always about structure and everything, so quit downing that lol
this is a great poem :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


You a blue maniac lol

The poem and it is a poem, is really good, it flowed well was easy for your readers to follow along and was not boring :O)

Posted 13 Years Ago


"To dye my dreams shades of sky,
Allow my mind the fly,
Free of curses that made it shy
Away from love."
I wish you didn't have a comma after "fly", because it is essentially the same as after "shy" which has no comma. Also, since it has no real meter, adding the commas, as if to provide a structure to clarify a meter (which, as I said, does not exist), makes the rhymes seem intrusive and obtrusive, whereas if there was no comma there the sentence would still flow well and the rhymes at the end of each line would just be a pleasant artistic touch (and, also, I'm assuming an attempt to follow your current trend of ending with rhymed stanzas). :)
Aside from that long paragraph concerning a single comma (Lol) this was very well done; I enjoy poems that describe something that they do not actually specify. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

826 Views
42 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on March 28, 2011
Last Updated on April 8, 2011

Author

Skoo.
Skoo.

My Circuitboard City Of Yellow And Black, United Kingdom



About
My poems make little sense because my thoughts make little sense because my life makes little sense. I never class myself as a writer, 'cause I'm not one. I'm just some kid in the corner putting my n.. more..

Writing
How The F***? How The F***?

A Poem by Skoo.


Backspace Backspace

A Poem by Skoo.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..