"Six Feet Under"

"Six Feet Under"

A Poem by Sir_Anonymous
"

I wrote this when I was in my sophomore year of high school but revised it today with better vocabulary.

"
I awake it is pitch black and I feel something lying against my back, feeling confined I reach for the sky to only touch a solid object.

I stretch my arms outwards and feel walls surrounding my entirety, my breathing is uneasy and my hazy mind feels more bleak the more I try to think.

I'm remembering a memory misplaced holding no picture just sound a man saying "We're sorry, it is too late..."

Too late? what does this mean I only recall being on a street and a flash of light blinding me... and that's it.

Time passes, how much? I don't know; there is no real way to tell.

I finally put the pieces together and start to scream for "Help!" but as I continue to yelp I realize there is no one coming to rescue me from this dire time of true need!

Schizophrenia grows as I feel these small walls closing in on me, Hysteria at it's finest as I have finished crying and had begun to laugh as I continue to beat my wooden cage.

I hear my hands crumble and crack, knuckle bones out of place and my fingers break!

I can no longer pull a fist let alone a punch so I instead began to kick, all whilst I yell with all of my lungs might!

"It's not my time!"

However I know no one can see my agony.... Including me.

I have been cooped up inside this hell of a cell with no external light I feel as though I have become blind.

My feet have crippled from the enormous pain all given to me in futile attempts to escape.

"I will not give in!"

I tell myself while laughing uncontrollably, I can no longer clinch my fist and my legs have shattered out of place and with each subtle movement I make the insufferable ache is more than I can take.

I'm gonna die!

I don't want to die I still have so many more years left in my life!

Though I know it's inevitable we all got to go someday, Its just that I never dreamed "someday" would come so soon to think that the one day to mark the end of it all was today.

© 2017 Sir_Anonymous


Author's Note

Sir_Anonymous
So what did you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow!!! It's magnificent! Never thought of it! I loved it! How did you get the idea?

Your friend
Shasha

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sir_Anonymous

7 Years Ago

I believe I got the inspiration from a song by Avenge Seven Fold called "Buried Alive" and finally d.. read more
Shasha

7 Years Ago

That's really nice! I will also listen that song.
This was beautiful and well crafted. I love the emotion and everything part of it. This feels strong and powerful. Like the cry of help was strong and every mistake that occured the person was willing to change and make sure they bettered themself.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sir_Anonymous

7 Years Ago

Sorry for the wait... Anywho glad to see that you liked it and that you've interpreted something tha.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 5, 2017
Last Updated on January 6, 2017

Author

Sir_Anonymous
Sir_Anonymous

Austin, TX



About
I was once a teen who found himself feeling cornered in life where just about nothing was going right and could never really speak my mind this only pushed more towards the construction of this artifi.. more..

Writing