roots

roots

A Poem by SkinlessFrank

a kidney bean

once became lodged

deep inside

my ear canal

 

and i don’t think

i need to remind you

how a sweet polyp

like that

will sprout roots

among the white axons

grow throughout the squid

and drink in salvation

from the brainpan

 

god knows

i’ve tried what i can

even

turned to the

purgative artillery

strong medicine for sure

but

my throat muscles

only strained and expelled

a bulky stool

so gassy

 

and when

the shaman

sat atop me

with his covey of broken clam shells

scraped the flesh from back of

my neck

wouldn’t you know it

the beast only sneered

from the hole and spat

 

so i guess

i’m resigned now

to co-exist with my friend

and no

as you’ve gathered

it’s not a symbiosis

 

but i’ll get by

© 2013 SkinlessFrank


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

you've a way to flay away the pc prose of modern woes and reimbue it with the gut wrenching tear stained beauty that it IS even in a condition's degenerative dissolution~ you are like the olden wizards of preRome who wandered lands of Dhawos making magik out of pain and suffering and breathing stunning revelatory gem drops into the wrenching fields of mortality~

Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

That had to be really painful.

Posted 5 Months Ago


Definitely had a sci fi feel to it but this poem can be read on different levels. Yes to types of relationships. You also brought a memory back of my three year old sister who stuck a tiny artificial flower up her nose. There is stayed rotting until the smell directed my mother to the doctors. Said stinking flower was removed eventually by a pair of tweezers. Children have a habit of sticking things in strange places. I can,t say I enjoyed the read. It made me wince although you certainly got a reaction and my attention.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Oh wow....This is such a true example of a symbiotic relationship. The reality of so many of them. I loved it.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Once planted, the seed will grow for better or worse. Intriguing write.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Quite scary and fascinating in the one breath. It has features of sci-fi and fantasy all blended into one riveting poem. Thanks for sharing. /Frederick.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Love the hidden meaning behind this..
Great use of metaphors..
Interesting story line..
Quite different..and rather weird..
Enjoyed it..
Lisa

Posted 2 Years Ago


I was slight of every emotion; afraid, disgusted, enamoured and revoked of my own being. I will subscribe and is now a fan, please do more.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Your use of words here is superb. Not everybody could be able to interprete this one. Well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is awesome. I love when a poem takes me by surprise.
Very unique. Nice work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


-- hahahaha... from where i'm looking, the 'bean' was an idea... and if a shaman couldn't get rid of it... and even got treated with disdain (by the 'bean')... the idea must've had something to do with atheism (maybe it was a hybrid created by Dr. Richard Dawkins and Bill Maher and maybe the shaman was Depak Chopra)... but then this could well be my one-track atheistic mind playing tricks on me... and now i'm trying to recall how i felt when i discovered that i'm an atheist... p.s. i was an in-the-closet atheist since the time i was a little girl... but i discovered the absence of any 'structured belief system' only recently... (as in a few years ago)... -- regardless of whether my interpretation is way off the mark or not, you're brilliant Maestro D. ... i really wish you taught me science subjects when there was still time for me to evolve into a scientist... for then... i wouldn't have been a mere rationalist... ah... them deep regrets can also be the 'bean'...

Posted 7 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1684 Views
47 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 3, 2011
Last Updated on February 26, 2013

Author

SkinlessFrank
SkinlessFrank

Glen Sutton, Quebec, Canada



Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Deeper Deeper

A Poem by Robin


Saxicolous Saxicolous

A Poem by OT