Drowning In Sadness

Drowning In Sadness

A Chapter by A.R. Rose
"

Chapter 2 of Thicker Than Water

"
In all of her life she had never seen anything more frightening. That sound. That sight . The skidding of wheels screetching along the concrete road. The screaming. The agony in their voices ; the crash of metal skidding against the titanium bridge. It would've put her in a therapist room for the rest of her life. 
In middle school, on the bus there was a terrible accident. There had been an earthquake by the M6 on the way to the museum. There was a huge crack in the middle of the lane, and it caused millions of pounds of damage. The bus had collided with a lorry delivering scrap metal. The lorry driver, the bus driver and all the children were dead. Eccept for Emily. She sat there, at the back of the bus ; shell shocked and burrying her face in her hand. Had she done that? Had she caused the death of all those people? Holding her necklace tightly in her hand, she walked out of the bus. Passing all the dead bodies that were her ' pretended to be' friends. covered in blood and flesh. Then she stopped for a second. She turned her head and dully looked at Mia. The one who Emily had truly believed that she was her friend. She looked closely and saw the friendship bracelet hanging around Mia's wrist. Not hesitating , she snatched it off of her wrist and told herself that Mia didn't deserve her friendship. As she approached the end of the bus everything glowed brightly , as if it were fading away.
Emily fluttered her eyes open. ' A dream ?' She said densely looking at the ceiling.
' But, even though it was a dream , it really did happen when I was in third grade.' She thought to herself. Then she lay her eyes on the necklace her Mother had given her .  'Maybe a swim will get my mind off of it.'


© 2017 A.R. Rose


Author's Note

A.R. Rose
Please don't comment on typos, what do you think of this Chapter?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. I want to read more. Why did Emily think she'd caused the crash and why we're the deceased pretend friends! Then bam, its a dream...but it did happen...Wonderful work. Love it!

Posted 7 Years Ago


A.R. Rose

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the review , next chapter coming soon!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 14, 2017
Last Updated on January 14, 2017


Author

A.R. Rose
A.R. Rose

west bromwich, west midlands, United Kingdom



About
I'm a dreamer. I can't tell you my age but i'm quite young. One day i dream of becoming a successful author- all in good time of course! Ever since i was a toddler , i loved books, and i loved watchin.. more..

Writing