The False Ride

The False Ride

A Story by Jesse Pruett
"

Birthday boy expecting a bad day at school.

"

So I jump out of bed hoping that today's grand prizes would justify this weeks pain that's been coming at me non-stop.  Let's see, yesterday at school. I got bullied by the schools toughest bullies. The day before, I tripped and fell into some poop. Well, that's all I need to say to explain that my week has been nothing but complete bull, but however.  Today is my birthday!  I will be 15, I know it's not like no super sweet 16, but it's better than yesterday.  I hope.

So as I'm jumping out of bed, I can hear my mother yell "Quite down in there! and, get ready for school!". So I calm down a bit, turn off my alarm, and head for the closet. What should I wear? What should I wear? Blue matches blue, but I should go for the, all black everything. So I pull out my old black pants that somehow still fit, and my favrete black shirt. I get dressed and run out the room. Running down the stairs and into the kitchen where my mom has my favrete breakfast at the table.

"Pancakes and eggs!" I yelled. "Yes. We got a big day today, and I want you to be full after me and your dad sells that yellow brick house next to your school" says my mom.  I go into a deep sad state because my mother never said happy birthday, or like when she explained why she made pancakes and eggs. It was because they want me full, so I just brush the fork against the food. Not eating, but playing with my pancakes and eggs. I look over at the clock and notice the bus is in bound.

So I run out the door as I say "Bye mom". She does not respond, but I still keep going. I slam open the door, run out and slam the door closed again. Run down to the corner where the bus stops, and who do I see. I see, the all mighty lovely Dora. With her long bleach hair, how grown she looks compared to the other girls in the world. I would say hi, but, she'll probably just laugh at me. So I stand there, near her, not to close, just close, and then Adam the school bully comes by and pushes me to the ground. Everyone laughs, but Dora. She just stands there looking around like she's got to get away. The bus pulls up as I'm on the ground, the door opens, and Adam is the first on the bus.

All my bus stop mates get on the bus while I'm on the ground. In goes Adam, Sammy, Tommy, Jim, Cindy, and then Dora. Dora and Adam are the only one's around my age. Dora is a couple days younger than me, and Adam is 2 years older. With him being held back more than once, he is in the same grade as me. The other kids are just, well, kids. Now, I finally get back up and make my way onto the bus as the driver asks "What are you just to stupid?". I ignore her and keep walking.

Right away I see Adam in the very back with his crowd of bullies, which I will avoid. The kids are all in the front just acting like some fools. I see Dora in the middle of the bus, and you know what? Today is the day. So I rush over and sit right next to her saying "Sorry. I left the answers to my homework at this seat.". With both of us knowing that was done last year, she laughs anyway, and then. Out of no where, I am slapped on the head, and Adam runs by, saying "Where almost there dork!". Which he is right, it does not take long, we are so close to school. A few houses away, they make them walk. Now where pulling into the parking lot, Dora looks at the school, as I glance from the school to her looking at the school. I didn't even get to tell her about my birthday, but before I know it.

We have stopped and the driver opens the door. People getting up to go to school, well, high school students are the first to get off the bus, and Adam was waiting at the door. Before Adam get's off the bus, he yells back at me "See you at lunch Ben!" and then he get's off. I slowly get up thinking, it's a good thing I'm full, wait? No I'm not, I never ate the food, just forked it. So, I'm screwed, but I go in there anyway. I rush off the bus faster than Dora, so she doesn't see me get beat up just in case I do.

I get off the bus in a rush, and run into the school. Where a teacher stops me.

"Go to the Princleples office!" shouts the teacher, so I go, and when I finally get there. I am so happy to see my dad. "Son, I will not go about my day without hanging out with the birthday boy." my dad says with a smile on his face. I smile and go hug him. "Son, it's just me and you until your mom sells that house. Where going to go eat, cause I heard you didn't, and then we will go help your mom sell that house. Then me and mom will do whatever you want. I told the princleple that where doing this. So, lets go!" yells my dad at me getting me excited.

© 2015 Jesse Pruett


Author's Note

Jesse Pruett
Just a quick short story, cant spell princleple, or just didn't want to.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ana
Oh my Gooood when i read that part about the poop and you brought up the name Dora I was like, this person must be pretty bold to bring in Dora into his story...it made me laugh, and really, as long as it made me laugh, who cares about the spelling? But its principal. Glad his day ended that way, and later I got that Dora was just a name.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jesse Pruett

8 Years Ago

yes, everyone needs a name..... Except the principal. jk



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ana
Oh my Gooood when i read that part about the poop and you brought up the name Dora I was like, this person must be pretty bold to bring in Dora into his story...it made me laugh, and really, as long as it made me laugh, who cares about the spelling? But its principal. Glad his day ended that way, and later I got that Dora was just a name.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jesse Pruett

8 Years Ago

yes, everyone needs a name..... Except the principal. jk

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
1 Review
Added on August 31, 2015
Last Updated on August 31, 2015
Tags: Birthday, bad day, school, mom, dad, bus.

Author

Jesse Pruett
Jesse Pruett

In the cat, VA, U.S. Virgin Islands



About
I wanna tear up your insides, you know like when your in a dark tunnel and it starts squeezing you. more..

Writing
Tornado Tornado

A Poem by Jesse Pruett