Overgrown

Overgrown

A Story by SomeRandomChic

The tension in this place is so thick I'm almost choking on it...I don't know how we got here...the path feels like a hazy smoke-filled dream...or nightmare given how it is feeling now...I'm lost and I can't seem to find the path back to good...It's overgrown with weeds of mistrust, doubt, and anger...clinging to the walls of my defenses.I can still see your face but barely and the look has changed.Too far along the path to turn back now...I've already been drawn in. I get a distinct feeling that the more I struggle the tighter the restraints of these determined vines and thorns that I have been growing for as long as I remember will become. Sitting here wondering if a path still exists that will lead me back to a place and a time where all you craved was my company. Can you even remember what that felt like or are you own weedy confines making you numb as well? Do we have the tools needed for escape? Do we have the strength and the give-a-f**k needed to wield them and more importantly once we do get free are we running towards each other or away?

© 2017 SomeRandomChic


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You've explained that catch-22 spot people get into in life so well.....

Sometimes we get lost without realizing it.....sometimes when we realize it, it may be too late.....

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Added on December 2, 2017
Last Updated on December 2, 2017
Tags: Heartbreak, Distance, Obstacles, Hurt, Pain, Mistrust, Break Up