The Midnight Ryder

The Midnight Ryder

A Poem by Tiffany K Charles

Dark howls at night when the Midnight Ryder slays thy soul. Deep within the Forest of Gloom hides his treacherous sword. He rides through streets seeking the immortal of men. The ones who create catastrophe at others' expense and toll. They gather like mice in the late-night smite that begins the season of the Hoard. To upset the balance of Life, with a bolt of Light that measures in heat times ten. 


Sharper than the edge of the world and twice as clean. A smooth, precise thrust will take off thy head. Another claims the number of the damned and banished; The Midnight Ryder sleighs towards the scene. To claim the soul of those deemed dead and prepare the threshold. For the beings untold of not the unkindly famished.


Pits of tar and the sands of time cannot stand still as those who seem to flock to greed send off the foulest of sent. Are unaware of the incoming consumption that the Ryder is almost there. He rides to the beats with steady heat to the cringing song. Follows the swinging gallows where all the immortal men went as he draws his treacherous sword with an inglorious roar and gives off a hellish stare.


Wielding his wrath with just one swipe for all to know the deed is done. There is no need to fret; his mercy is no pain, and the death is clean and swift. All that is required is a pitiful heart with ill-tainted beats and lifeless breath. The Light will start to fade, and the world will show no sun. You will never see his blade of glory carry out this mysterious gift. The souls of the immortal men will forever be trapped within their despicable death.


By: Tiffany K. Charles

© 2022 Tiffany K Charles


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I enjoyed the epic poem. The Midnight Ryder is a interesting character. Leave no reminder of death last call. I did like the ending. I wonder where men who knew anger and violence shall go? Thank you Tiffany for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Enjoyed this piece of poetry a lot very old English like, reminded me of the horse man of sleepy hollow.

Posted 4 Years Ago


I enjoyed the epic poem. The Midnight Ryder is a interesting character. Leave no reminder of death last call. I did like the ending. I wonder where men who knew anger and violence shall go? Thank you Tiffany for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, this is fantastic and beautiful. The imagery and use of language is so rich that when I read it out loud I feel as if I'm chewing sweet morsels of narrative. Very well done here, maybe you should consider writing a short story in this style.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tiffany K Charles

8 Years Ago

You know I was thinking the same thing.... I'm glad that you enjoyed it..... I'll try to do more...... read more
Tiff! It's been so long! I'm very sorry I could not review your works, I was caught up in other stuff. This is probably the best I've read yet. It has this deep and dark undertone that you managed to pull off pretty well as a combo of both a poem and a story. This type of writing is something I haven't seen in a long time. Thanks for sharing it. I loved it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tiffany K Charles

8 Years Ago

i'm so glad that you enjoyed it.... i think i've found my style.......
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rod
I've enjoyed reading this Tiffany, very sharp, direct and deep yet cool enough to make you want to read some more. I loved this: "Sharper than the edge of the world and twice as clean".
Does that sound like the lines you'd expect actors to say in an English play? Maybe it's just my impression :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tiffany K Charles

8 Years Ago

I didn't catch that...... Maybe James Bond should have said it.......lol....... but thank you for yo.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1072 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 25, 2016
Last Updated on June 15, 2022

Author

Tiffany K Charles
Tiffany K Charles

Miami, FL



About
"Deep within my mind...... far beyond the dark cracks and spaces .... is my mind palace.... a creepy place...... damp..... and..... there. In that palace... Is where I house all my mental information... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Struggle Struggle

A Poem by LapseOfMind