Chapter 3: A New Vision

Chapter 3: A New Vision

A Chapter by Anonymous Girl
"

A new boy enters the story and Fiona reveals to Summer why she wasn't talking to her.

"

Summer and Fiona didn’t speak to each other for 2 weeks. Days passed like this; they didn’t spoke: in school, outside, by call or something nor visited each other. Kevin realised that the two friends had had a fight and are not speaking to each other; however, he didn’t forced Summer onto it or conversed about it much.

 

Not being friends with Fiona anymore made Summer feel like she has lost her sister. She didn’t know about Fiona, what she would be thinking about her but she sure felt bad about it. School was to start in 5 minutes but she didn’t cared instead she walked in to the Science corridor where her form room was. It was noiseless in there. Taking her place on the floor, she settled down. Should I say something or just keep it sealed? She was giving it a suggestion when she felt like someone was watching her and this time she tried to concentrate. There is no way I am missing it this time no matter what! She stood up and went to the way where she thought it was coming, the looking. She went to the other end of the corridor, it was dark there. Something was moving in that darkness but she dared to move when she remembered "The Shadow Howlers are dangerous to mankind and The Shadow Keepers and protector. They live in shadows". Summer didn’t know should she go in the darkness or should she walk away. It could be anyone of them, who knows. I will check out the other time when I am with Fiona. She must have some other thing that she has got other than futuristic scenes. Playing in her mind she walked back to the corridor but this time it was full of students.

Fiona was standing right in the place where Summer was sitting. What’s wrong with her? She has changed completely after what I said to her. Summer was thoughtful about it while walking over to her form room. I don’t know, before whenever we fought we became friends again but it’s out off limit. She walked over to Fiona and stood beside her. There was murmuring all over the corridor about new student. Some were saying it’s a boy and some were on about a girl. No one had an exact idea on it. Some girl spread this boy/girl rumour. Summer was staring at the floor when the murmuring stopped and a sound of gasp came out of the girls’ mouth, but Summer did not dare looking up. Louisa whispered to Catherine "He is smoking hot!" and Catherine nodded. Darren’s words came out of his mouth "He is cool, man!" HE? Well it’s clear it’s a boy. Summer said in her mind.

Fiona wasn’t looking either. The two friends were lost in thoughts. Both didn’t care about the boy. After a short while Catherine whispered to her friends "He is looking at Summer." Everyone ‘oo-ed’ on what Catherine had said. Summer looked up and the boy was walking over to the two friends. Fiona moved over to Summer and whispered, "Looks like you have found a boyfriend." Summer elbowed her and they both walked over to a side.

"How are you talking to me again?" Summer questioned her.

"I will tell you later why I wasn't talking to you and how come, suddenly, I am." Fiona suggested. "Wait until break."

Summer nodded but it still wired her.

 

Miss Patrick was here. Everyone started to walk in the class. Fiona sat next to Max and Summer sat alone, like always. Fiona really liked Max, secretly, however, only Summer knew about it and wasn’t bothered cause she knew that Fiona really likes him; Summer knew Max liked her too since she read his mind once.

Summer was the only one alone in her place when Miss said, "Right class, Morning." Everyone replied. "Everyone this is Jacob. He is new here and I want you lot to take care of him; show him around school, be friends." Boys shouted ‘Yes’ and the voice echoed around the class. "So, Jacob---" Miss was about to continue but was interrupted by Jacob.

"Miss, sorry for interruption, but can you call me Jake, please?" started Jacob. The strength and politeness in his voice shocked Summer. It was man-like and the accent was British. Summer replayed it over and over again in her mind. Stop replaying his voice in your mind, you idiot! What’s wrong with you? Summer said to herself. She knew the boy would be cute and gorgeous but she never looked up at him so she could not describe his appearance.

"Very polite, Jacob and of course I can call you Jake." Miss answered. "So Jake, you can sit next to Summer as it is the only place left." When Miss said those words, Summer’s head went up in an amazement. She could hear Fiona and Max ‘oooo-ing’ from behind. Summer shot a quick shut-your-big-gobs-before-I-do-something glance. Jake came over and sat quietly next to her.

 

The next class was English and Jake, again, was sitting beside her. Whole hour went quite, for Summer. During the class, everyone was whispering about Jake and about Summer and Jake sitting next to each other. Someone said from behind, "What a beautiful couple. I’d say they should get along with each other." Summer wanted to shout ‘SHUT UP EVERYONE!’ to make them shut their mouths but she couldn’t for the reason that she would feel embarrassed in front of the new boy.  Every time she heard her and Jake’s name, rage and anger started to fill in her. But soon it broke away as she realised that he was enjoying the talk about the “new couple”.

 

* * *

 

It was break now and every boy in year 11 was really excited to hang around and show the school to the new 'cool' boy. Girls were timid when ever Jake and his friends came to cross them. All of the girls of year 11 had a 'crush' on him as Louisa described him 'smoking hot'. Max and Jake had become new friends.

 

Summer and Fiona were sitting in their usual table. They sat there for 5 minutes when Summer started. "So... you were about to tell me why have you suddenly started to talk to me?"

"Well the thing is that the day I told you everything and after you left me sitting alone there, I saw that if I am with you, you have likely chances to get attacked by the, how do you describe them?" Fiona answered her question.

"‘The Shadow Howlers.", Said Summer.

"Yeah, The Shadow Howlers, and you get killed. Later, when I was at home again saw the same vision and saw them thanking me for taking you to them. So, I decided to stay away from you until my next vision. And the next scene came yesterday." Fiona finished and took a bite of her salad sandwich.

"That’s it? You stayed away from me and did not talk to me just for that?" said Summer.

"Yes, because you are my sister."

"I appreciate that but you could have told me. You don’t know what situation I was going from and I felt guilty for leaving you behind."

"Aw, that’s sweet feeling like that for a sister, I could have but you wouldn't leave me alone, that is why."

"‘Okay, thanks!" Summer rolled her eyes when she said those words. "So, anything new?" then after a short moment Summer spoke again.

"Nothing much. You?" Fiona replied.

"No.", there was silence again but after a short moment Summer took the chance to break it, this time she alarmed Fiona. "Hey Fin, I was thinking, I’ve got some powers like I am a telepath, have you got any instead of precognition?"

"Yeah," Fiona, again, replied, "I can phase, y’know like walking through stuff whenever I want. I don’t know what else."

"Okay," Summer said it with a long sigh.

"But we need to learn how to control our powers ‘cause we don’t know what else is hidden in us and if we learn to control ourselves we might be able to control other powers as well." Fiona said as if she knew the whole thing.

"Okay but where are we supposed to learn?"

"May be our dads ‘cause they have experienced this all."

"Okay I’ll ask mine to tell me all he can."

"Right, and I will ask mine." Fiona finished the conversation. After a short while bell went off.

 

Lunch was over. Everyone was getting back to their classes. The two friends were walking to their History class when suddenly Fiona lost her balance and held tightly onto Summer’s shoulder making her nearly fall with her. However, she got back the balance and took hold of Fiona.

"What happened?" Summer asked. The corridor was empty so it was alright to talk in the normal level of voice. Fiona didn’t reply for a minute. The shock had taken over her face like it was a kingdom of fear. Summer was looking at her and after a short while she heard her saying: "Vision".


© 2012 Anonymous Girl


Author's Note

Anonymous Girl
Please do tell me what do you think about it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

the font is quite making it hard to read... but it's enjoyable...
Keep up the good start!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Oh sorry, I have been busy lately so didn't get a chance to 'resize' the font.
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

it's okay (:

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

475 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 12, 2012
Last Updated on September 22, 2012


Author

Anonymous Girl
Anonymous Girl

Among Stars And In Universe



About
I love writing. When it comes to writing and I hold my pen I start to write whatever comes in my mind. I also like reading from which I got inspired and started to write different stuff. I love pret.. more..

Writing