Chapter 1 - Draft

Chapter 1 - Draft

A Chapter by Tali Katzman

I'm under the covers holding onto a flashlight, reading my favorite book. I'm buried under folds of fabric, the book resting on my knees illuminated by the flashlight's bright yellow light which I held closely above the pages.

My mind started drifting into the story, but then sounds from outside quickly brought me to reality. I tried to turn off the flashlight, almost dropping it in the process. I sat there, hearing the sound of faint footsteps outside my door until all was silent, and the only sound was the storm building up in the distance.

I gave a sigh of relief; no way would I risk getting caught awake after hours.

A moment of silence hasn’t passed before my heart jumped at the sound of the upcoming thunder storm. I got out from under the covers and made my way to the window barefoot, holding onto my book. , immersed inside an imaginary world he can't get his hands off. I looked up at the dark sky, the full moon illuminating passing clouds. I could see faint flashes of light from up above, then followed by the sound of thunder, which me shiver all over, but I couldn't help but smile. Ever since I could remember I had this fascination with thunder storms. I guess the idea of such a strong powerful force of nature that can destroy anything in its path is kind of cool.


© 2010 Tali Katzman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

couldn't find any mistakes here
hey..not sure if goodbubpy is a word...better not to use it?
use instead 'gave me goodebumps all over'
or something like that...:D
its still a draft so yeh, still can be fixed

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
1 Review
Added on June 25, 2010
Last Updated on June 25, 2010


Author

Tali Katzman
Tali Katzman

About
I am a writer. Images race inside my mind and I just try to get them on paper.Music is my escape,helps me think and create a fantasy world. I write sci-fi/adventure/fantasy/fiction short stories.. more..

Writing