Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by AlternativePunker
"

A group of kids are being haunted by a black figure

"

PROLOGUE

      

Heather slammed the door of her car shut. The sound echoed slightly in the quiet empty street. A street light buzzed overhead, she glared at it as if it was the cause of all her problems. Gripping her purse tightly, Heather briskly walked up the path to the front door of her house. The street light buzzed, then flickered out.

     In an irritable manner, Heather flicked on the lights to the kitchen to take her vitamins. All she wanted was to go to bed. work was terrible, the meeting afterword was just as bad. On top of that, she had to renew her license and sit for an hour in traffic. A shadow walked across her peripheral vision. Probably Johnathan using the restroom she thought. After swallowing her pills, she dressed for bed and slumped onto her pillows next to Jonathan. Johnathan? But Jonathan was in the restroom, and Heather never saw him come back.

      Slowly, Heather crept out to the Hall and peeked her head around the corner. Fear crept up her spine, hoping that no one was in the house. Once she reassured herself that no one was there, she went back to bed, only Jonathan wasn't there. She saw drops of blood leading into the closet, so she followed them. With a shaky hand, Heather opened the door and screamed, for what she saw was horrifying. A black figure grabbed her and pulled her in. The door swung shut on its own accord behind her.

CHAPTER ONE


Ben Armstrong was riding his bike home from Spins house in the dark on Sunday night. He swept his dark hair out of his gray eyes and kept pedaling up the block. He had just finished a massive debate on whether or not Batman could beat Robin in a fight to the death. Well, He, Jack and spin debated, Kim just sat in the corner rolling her eyes the whole time.

Red flashing lights caught Ben's eye. He skidded to a stop in front of a house with two body bags being loaded into an ambulance. Two police officers conversed over a brutal murder. As he looked up at the bedroom window of the house, he saw a dark shadow flit across the glass. He shook his head and pedaled off.

Ben has always had an overactive imagination. In the third grade, Ben was always bullied for being shy and different, so he made an imaginary friend named Bender. Skidding to a stop in front of his house, Ben pulled the garage door open and tossed his bike into the corner.

Rubbing his tired eyes, Ben walked into the kitchen where his little sister Meghan was waiting. Their older sister, Nicole, works at a radio station, due to her job sometimes she comes home late. Ben and Meg lost their parents at a young age. Meg was two and Ben was nine. All the Armstrongs have high cheekbones, gray eyes, and dark hair.

    Ben pulled down a box of Mac and cheese and grabbed some hot dogs from the fridge. Nicole was broadcasting from a radio event at a concert that night. It would be almost midnight before she got home.

After eating, Ben went down to the basement to wait for his friends, he invited them over to watch the latest episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He heard the door open and saw Spin walk in. Spin got his nickname in the fourth grade and no one really knows why. He dyed parts of his hair green and has always had ADHD. Jack followed him in. Jacks hair is always parted down the middle and came over his eyes. He became friends with Spin and Ben in Third grade. They met when Jack came to school with a broken arm and Spin and Ben thought it was the coolest thing ever. Kim slouched in after Jack. Kim has Chin length messy hair. She started to hang out with the others when She and Ben were lab partners in Ninth grade. Kim is constantly teased due to the fact that she wasn't like all the other girls. She listened to rock and played video games.

"Is, Amy still sick?"  Asked Jack from the sofa.

Kim snickered.

"Why? Do you like her or something?"

Jack stuck his tongue out and rolled his eyes. Amy was the fifth friend of the group.

"Oh please, Amy would never go out with you losers if you were last boys on the planet!" Kim exclaimed with a smirk on her face.

"Who are you calling a loser? Exclaimed Ben. "You hang out with us."

He heard Kim mutter a whatever and the conversation was over. Buffy started to play and they were all quiet. Eyes wide with anticipation, not wanting to miss any second of it, they all refrained from using the bathroom or itching something. All of a sudden Jack let out a sneeze and everyone else glared at him.

XXX

Some blocks away a college student was walking through the Jameson park. The wind was blowing furiously.

Pulling his coat closer around him, he briskly walked on. The swings creaked back and forth, the wind blew harder and raindrops started to fall. Something was wrong. stopping in his tracks, the student turned around to see that the swings were not moving, despite the raging wind. Then the wind stopped. And the air turned to freezing, the student could see his breath as he exhaled. All of a sudden, a black figure flitted across his line of vision. He was scared now. Stumbling over his feet, the student desperately ran. An unseen force shoved him onto the ground and the last thing the student saw was the red eyes.



© 2017 AlternativePunker


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like your prologue, you did really well with this.

Posted 6 Years Ago


AlternativePunker

6 Years Ago

Thank you!
This is the story I am most proud of.
very good I love the narravite of the story and it takes people by surspise

Posted 6 Years Ago


AlternativePunker

6 Years Ago

Thank you!!
genocide

6 Years Ago

you're welcome can you return favor give me a review
AlternativePunker

6 Years Ago

yea sure will do!
That was pretty good. I like the narrative style.

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

AlternativePunker

6 Years Ago

thank you!
Everytime you write something it brings me to the edge of my seat, I'm so curious of what will happen next.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ace Jaxon

6 Years Ago

hey taylor..
Ace Jaxon

6 Years Ago

Hi taylor, I finally have time to talk
Ace Jaxon

6 Years Ago

heya taylor

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

920 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 4, 2017
Last Updated on December 5, 2017


Author

AlternativePunker
AlternativePunker

La, mesa, CA



About
I'm back peopls more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..