Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by AlternativePunker
"

Chapter two of "The Figure"

"
    CHAPTER TWO
The next day was a chill day. Rain was pattering against the window as Ben started to head downstairs for breakfast. The normal things of a Monday morning ran through his mind. Meg was eating cereal. Nicole was beside her, sipping coffee. And the news was on. Except, instead of politics or the latest robbery, it was three different murders. 
Nicole quickly shut off the TV, not wanting to scare Meg. 
"Time to go, kids," Chides Nicole from the front door an hour later. Sluggishly, Meg and Ben walk to the front door with there backpacks. It was Monday, Mondays always suck in high school. Only instead of dread, it was the feeling as though someone was watching him.
     xxx
Kim hated PE. She quickly changed into her gym clothes and joined Amy in the free throw line. They were doing basketball in PE. Amy seemed perfect in every way, at least the most perfect in the group she hangs out with. A splash of freckles on her face and dirty blond hair. You would never know she hung out with guys like Spin, Ben, Jack and Barry unless you got to know her.
Amy smirked and pointed behind her as Kim approached Kim turned and saw Spin attempting to ask out a popular girl, Stephanie.
"Hey, Stef!" Spin eagerly waved. Stef turned with a confused look on her face.
"Um, who are you?"
Blushing furiously, Spin stammered "Um, it's me, Charlie...I sit behind you in math."
Stef shook her head as if she didn't know who he was. "I am your lab partner in science!" Spin proclaimed. Then she finally said "OH! You're the boy who got pantsed the other day doing free throws! Yeah, I remember you now." 
The comment sent a despondent look on Spins face as he slouched over to Kim and Amy who were both having a massive giggle fit. "Oh shut up you two!" He stammered
"At least she remembered you!" Laughed Kim. Spin just made a face at her and shook his head.
"Oh, don't get your panties in a bunch. Almost every guy gets rejected by Stephanie" Reassured Amy.
Spin mumbled thanks and sulked next to her.
All of a sudden, Kim seized up and ran off to the bathroom.
xxx
Desperatley, Kim rummaged in her backpack for a pad. When she found one, she stuffed it down her gym shorts and put it in place. Kim felt relieved she caught herself in time before her underwear was ruined. She turned on the water at the sink and began to wash her hands. Behind her, the lights flickered.  After drying her hands off, Kim tried to open the door but it was locked. The lights flickered again, then went out. It was pitch black.
The paper towel dispensers started to tattle and rapidly shoot paper towels out. Kim desperately tried the door again. This time they flew open, catching her by surprise. She dashed out into the hall, which was still dark, but not pitch black. Panting, Kim looked around. She was alone. 
She dashed into the gymnasium, sneakers making a slapping sound on the linoleum, but no one was there. Someone was watching her. Kim could feel it. She heard a siren. The coaches bullhorn was making the noise by itself. Her heart thumped in her chest and her eyes frantically dashed around.
Kim could see a dark figure approaching her, turning into a large shadow as it engulfed her; suffocated her. Kim tried to scream as it took her in.
xxx
Gasping for breath, Kim was back in the bathroom with white knuckles as she gripped the sink. She was back in the bathroom and the lights were on. She tried the door again and it opened.
"Sorry I was gone for so long," Kim gasped to Amy back at the gymnasium. 
"You were only gone for like, five minutes. Are you ok? You look like you've seen a ghost."
"I'll tell you later."
Somehow she knew that was the thing that killed all those people. But why it didn't kill her was a mystery.
                                                                                xxx
"Are you sure you're ok?" Asked Amy to Kim that afternoon. They were both in Bens basement along with others. They all laughed when she told them what happened. 
"Fine then don't believe me!" She murmured
The only one who didn't laugh was Ben. Whos face was pale and eyes were trained on the floor.
"I believe you, Kim," He whispered.


© 2017 AlternativePunker


Author's Note

AlternativePunker
Please tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh my god, you are killing me with all of this anticipation....whyyyyyy......:) its so great its killing me...

Posted 6 Years Ago


AlternativePunker

6 Years Ago

Thank you! I have so many Iseas for it! I'm glad you like it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 7, 2017
Last Updated on December 7, 2017


Author

AlternativePunker
AlternativePunker

La, mesa, CA



About
I'm back peopls more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5