A Shadow

A Shadow

A Story by TheBubbleManiac

Marley sat alone at her desk, wondering what tomorrow would be like. Who cares! She thought coldly. Her eyes focused on the pencil twirling in her hand, and she sighed. The bell rang, echoing through the whole school.
Marley got up, grabbing her things and hurried to put them in her backpack. Then she headed out the door. She was quickly trampled by at least a hundred kids, trying to head home. She hated that it was like this every afternoon, and every morning. Sometimes she wished that people could know how she felt about them doing this. But they didn't care. No one paid attention to her really. She had 'friends', but they hardly talked to her. When she tried talking to them, she would always get shunned.
Marley just learned to live with it and brush it off. It was hard though. She sees herself like a picture she saw. There were these pair of shoes on the ground, but no one there to fill and appreciate the shoes. But on the wall in front of the shoes was the shadow of a boy. 
Marley saw herself like that, because that's how she was seen by others. Or that's how she thinks they see her. She's there, people just don't acknowledge the fact that she is. They just keep walking and act like no one is there. That's everyday of her life. All she wishes for is one day someone will notice her. One day.

© 2015 TheBubbleManiac


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on November 7, 2015
Last Updated on November 27, 2015

Author

TheBubbleManiac
TheBubbleManiac

Polkville, NC



About
At first, writing really wasn't my thing. But a special friend of mine got me into some really interesting books, which showed me the way into the writing world. From then on writing has always been m.. more..

Writing