Emerald

Emerald

A Story by Lydia
"

This has been turned into a book. It's called Determined in a Deceptive World. I'd appreciate it if you would check it out!

"

    I slowly peeked around the corner of the alley. The light from the lamp post practially blinding me in the process.


    I bit my lip and turned back to look at him. "Ander, are you sure no one will be able to find us?" I asked, the nervousness eminent in my voice.


 No one could see us together. If they did, it would surely be the end of us.


   I'm sure you're wondering why we can't be seen together, and why I'm with a person that could put me in such danger? Well, I'll have to give you a little back story on our society to be able to explain this situation to you. Keep in mind that this is how the factions represent themselves. I'll give you my opinion once I'm finished explaining each faction.


    For over one hundred years, everyone has been split into three "factions", I guess you could call them. You're either an Insider, an Outsider, or an Inbetweener.


     The Insiders are supposed to be the highest of the factions. The people of the Inside are described as pure, innocent, and chaste. They value everything pure and clean, and reject everything corrupt or sinful. They are mild, friendly, and polite people. They have the most noble jobs such as lawyers, doctors, teachers, and things like that. In the Inside and the Outside all the members have the same hair color and the same eye color. Sizes and shapes vary as with anything else. Insiders have blonde hair and blue eyes, and they wear all white. White being the purest color they could think of, I suppose. The Inside headquarts is a large, white buliding in the middle of New York City. It is a pristine and immaculate place. Their leader is Dashiell Fein. A seemingly kind and exemplary man.


     The Outsiders are basically just as high as the Insiders. Just for different reasons, really. The Outsiders are the polar opposite of the Insiders. They describe themselves as rebellious, daunting, and brave. They reject compliancy, obedience, and order. They are rambunctious, daring, and sneaky people. They have the more dangerous jobs such as security guards, handling of weapons, firemen, and other things that I find quite needless. The Outsiders usually dye their hair different weird colors. I've past many green haired, blue haired, and pink haired people. Their eyes are such a dark brown that they almost look black. Most of them have a lot of peircings and tattoos. And they always wear black. The Outside headquarters is an abandoned skyscraper that looms over New York and Inside headquarters like an annoying person that you just can't seem to get rid of. Their leader is Zola Pryce. She is a nasty and cruel woman, in my opinion. I guess that's why the Outsiders love her so much.


    Then there are the Inbetweeners. They are the poor, sick, and unemployed. Basically, anyone who doesn't fit into either the Inside or Outside becomes an Inbetweener. They don't have a certain hair or eye color because many different people live there. They do different odd jobs to earn a little bit of money, but it's never enough to get them very far. They live on the side of town that is called the Inbetween. It is a horrible, horrible place. It's filled with rats and other animals, and is disease ridden. It breaks my heart to know that Ander lived there. The Inbetween should never be someone's reality. It should never be someone's "normal."


     I am an Insider, but don't go drawing conclusions. I am not proud to call myself an Insider. I am not proud of the luxuries I have. I am not proud to be known as the nicest of people. Because it's all a lie. You know how I know? Because my father is Dashiell Fein, the leader of the Inside. And I am the heir to the throne. The "princess" of the Inside, I guess you could say. The officials and my father have fooled everyone so well. They've fooled the members of the Inside, and everyone else. The Insiders are not wonderful people. They are just as greedy and rotten as the Outsiders, and I hate everyday that I have to live there and pretend I'm just as stupid as everyone else. In fact, the only person who I know that actually acts like a true Insider  was my best friend, Anastasia. Everyone else was far from pure or innocent.


     Now I must tell you why Ander and I had to hide when we were together. You see, the biggest rule for every faction is that you never date anyone outside of your own faction. It is a crime, and people have been brutally punished for it. If I was dating an Outsider and my father found out, he would be devestated and he would probably disown me. It would tear my family apart. Oh, but if he knew I was dating an Inbetweener, I would be dead for sure. All of the Inside would turn to chaos for their beloved princess had betrayed them. Dating Ander was the worst crime that I could admit. In society's eyes, atleast.


  Now that you know all about that we'll get back to the story.


   Ander gave me a reassuring smile, and squeezed my hand tighter. "No one is going to find us. We'll be fine." He pushed me forward lightly with his free hand, and I stumbled into the bright lighting of the alley.


    It felt like someone was shining a spotlight on us, and soon someone would start screaming, "We found them! Nyx Fein is a traitor!" My hands shook, and it felt like anxiety was coursing through my veins. Ander must of noticed because he stepped closer to me.


     He tucked my blonde hair behind my ear. "Everything is going to be fine, Nyx. They never found us before, and they aren't going to find us now."


   Ander was always so much braver than me. I guess you had to be brave while growing up in the Inbetween.
 I pressed my lips together. "Promise?"


A comforting smile spread across his face and he kissed my forehead gently. "I promise."


   Those few gestures made me feel so much more relaxed. That's how our meetings usually went. I would show up so nervous that I was almost nauseous, and Ander's confidence would slowly rub off on me until being caught was the farthest thing from my mind.


    I nodded my head slowly. "Okay. I just need to calm down, take a few deep breaths, and relax," I instructed myself. It was almost like I was giving myself a pep talk.


Ander chuckled at my attempt to calm myself and sat down on the concrete, pulling me down beside him.


    Looking over at him, I couldn't help but notice how much different we really are. It's not very often that we get to meet in a place with so much light, so eveytime I get to see him so clearly it's a bit of a shock. He seemed to be getting skinnier eveytime, and the reality of our different lifestyles were much more noticeable in the light. Here I was wearing a bright white dress made from a thin silk material. I was clean and my hair was done just right. Ander, on the other hand, didn't look as put together. His t-shirt and jeans were worn, stained, and tattered. The tennis shoes that he probably payed good money for, looked like they were going to fall apart. But he was proud of them, anyways. Most people in the Inbetween couldn't afford shoes, but Ander saved up money to buy them. He said he got them to impress me.


     Despite Ander's clothes, he was still the most gorgeous person I had ever seen. Others would argue that the Inside boys had the best looks. To me, they all looked the same. The same blonde hair, same blue eyes, same pale skin, and the same white polos and crisp white pants. Boring! None of them could compare to Ander. He had tan skin from having to be out in the sun so much, the most amazing emerald eyes, and teeth that were much too straight for an Inbetween boy. Oh, and don't even let me get started on his hair. A mass of chocolate curls sat atop his head, framing his strong jawline perfectly. Of course no one is perfect; including Ander, but in my eyes, he was pretty close to it. My opinion could be slightly biased, though.


    He must have caught me staring at him because my thoughts were suddenly interrupted by him waving his hand in front of my face. "Earth to Nyx! You should be used to my manly gorgeousness by now!" Ander; always the joker.


  I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Whatever!"


   He wrapped his arm around my shoulder as a goofy grin played on his face. I scooched closer to him and layed my head on his shoulder. It was hard to not wonder how many more times we would be able to do this. No matter how much both of us tried to deny it, it was just a matter of time before we were caught.


   I tilted my head up to look at Ander. He had his head leaned back against the cement wall, and was staring up at the star filled sky above us, looking deep in thought.


"What are you thinking about?"


   He looked down at me and smiled again, squeezing me just a bit tighter. "I was thinking about the day we met. Do you remember?"


 How could I forget?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


6 Months Earlier

 

        I sighed heavily as I trudged home from school. I absolutely despised walking home alone, and since Anastasia was sick today, that was exactly what I was having to do. Not to mention that it was extremely hot, and I was sweating in places that the members of the Inside would be horrified to know that their princess was sweating in.


      I dragged my backpack across the pavement, not even caring about the scolding I would get from my father when I came home with a very scuffed up bag. I heaved my backpack onto my shoulder once I reached the familiar fork in the road. There were three ways you could go. Straight ahead was the path to the Inside. On the left was the path to the Outside. And on the right was the path to the Inbetween.


     I kicked at a rock that sat on the sidewalk, doing my best to stall as much as I could. I didn't want to go home. There would be nothing to do since Anastasia was sick, and I wasn't interested in hanging out with any of the other teenagers. Most of them were too stuck up and snooty. My mom always told me it was because they were jealous of me. Hard to imagine, really. I would love to let any of them be the princess instead of me. I hated the responsibility, and had no interest in representing such a hypocritical faction.


    I turned my head from side to side as I tried to decide what to do. Should I take a little walk, or should I just go home and get an early start on my homework? That's when an idea popped into my head. A very dangerous idea. My gaze landed on the gravelly path to the Inbetween. I had always been forbidden to go there. My parents should have known that would only make me all the more curious.


     Before I knew it, I was walking down the path to the Inbetween. The decision to do that completely changed my life. I know it sounds cliche, but it's true. A lot of cliches are true, actually. If you really think about it, life in itself is a cliche. But enough of that philisophical crap.


     The path to the Inbetween seemed normal enough until I got just a few feet away from the entrance. That's when the smell hit me. I can honestly say that it was the worst smell that has ever entered my nostrils. And the only way I can describe it is that it smelled like sickness and death. Kind of like what a hospital might smell like if they didn't use so much antiseptic.


     I pinched my nose between my thumb and my index finger to keep myself from gagging. I probably should have turned around then, but I kept walking. I must have been feeling extra adventurous that day.


    I stopped once I reached the entrance. It was a large cement wall with just a small opening to walk through. I tilted my head back to see a weather beaten sign that hung at the very top. Enscribed in black block letters-'The Inbetween' Underneath it the words 'Enter if you dare' were spray painted in bright red.


     I guess I dared because I kept walking. My head almost grazed the top of the opening as I walked through. That's saying a lot considering I'm not the tallest person in the world.


   The scene that played out before me was enough to make my stomach drop. There were rows and rows of makeshift shacks, each of them looking like they might cave in at any moment. A few young, dirty, and barefoot children kicked at a half deflated ball. Girls who couldn't have been much older than me carried sickly looking babies on their hips. Older women leaned over tubs of water, vigorously scrubbing at musty clothes. Men, young and old, lugged around big barrels of something. I'm not sure what it was. Others hammered away at different things, sweat making their skin glisten in the sunlight.


     Then my eyes fell upon the most disturbing sight I'd ever seen. Their was a little structure that was open on all four sides, but had a ceiling. Inside of it were bodies stacked on top each other. Men, women, children. My stomach twisted and I thought I might be sick. That had to have been what was causing the horrible stench. What happened to them? Why were so many dying?


      I was just about to turn around and get the heck out of there when I almost ran straight into another person. A small shriek escaped my mouth and I froze into place. I was face to face with the greenest eyes I'd ever seen in my life. I swallowed hard and blinked a few times as I realized they belonged to a boy who was also carrying one of those large barrels. Before I could say anything the boy had dropped the barrel, and grabbed my wrist.


     I didn't have time to protest before he started running towards the other side of the Inbetween, dragging me along behind him. I stumbled along, too dazed to try and pull away from him. I didn't know what to think, really. Who was he? Where was he taking me? And what was he planning to do once he got me there?


     We passed through even more rows of shacks until he pulled me into an old building. One half of it was completely gone. It looked like it had burnt.


    Once we got inside he let go of my wrist, both of us panting from all the running. I frantically glanced around the room, mentally making an escape route just in cast this boy's intentions weren't good. 


      "What are you doing here? Don't you know how dangerous it is for a girl like you to be in the Inbetween?" He hissed, still doubled over with his hands on his knees.


 It was obvious that I was an Insider. My blonde hair, blue eyes, and white attire gave that away fairly easily.


    I gulped and clutched the strap of my backpack tighter. "I-I was just curious. I didn't know how bad it was," I replied, my lip quivering with fear, "You aren't going to hurt me, are you?"


   The boy shot up quickly at my question. "No! I'm not going to hurt you. I wouldn't have went to all the trouble to bring you here if I wanted to hurt you. I would have just done it out there. Trust me, none of those people would've cared."


    Even though his words weren't overly comforting, considering he just made me even more scared of this place, something about his disposition made me trust him. My tensed shoulders relaxed just the tiniest bit, and my body slumped against the dusty wall behind me.


    The boy, whose name I still hadn't asked, slowly rose up to a standing position once his breathing calmed down. He was frail, but very handsome. Wait, I couldn't think that about an Inbetweener. Then I internally smacked myself for thinking I couldn't think that because that sounded just like something my father would say. And he was the last person I wanted to sound like. I wasn't a judgemental person like him, nor would I let myself be.


     "What happened to all those people? The ones who died?" I asked, finally finding my voice after awkwardly staring at the boy.


    He shifted his position and sighed heavily. "People drop like flies around here. Disease spreads fast, and no one has the money or resources to get to a doctor. I guess it's just a matter of time before all of us catch something."


    "Oh." Oh? Was that really all I could think of to say? I just heard one of the most depressing comments and my response is, "Oh." Real smart, Nyx.


"Who are you?" I blurted out and then tried to cover it up with, "I mean, what's your name? How old are you?"


    He smirked at my amazing social skills, and held out his hand. "I'm Ander. I'm seventeen years old. How about you?"


   I glanced at his hand for a second before I realized he meant for me to shake it. I reached out and took it in mine. "I'm-" I started, but he interrupted me with a look of shock on his face, his mouth hanging open just a little.


  "Wait! Are you Nyx Fein? The princess of the Inside?" He looked baffled, and still held tight to my hand.


   I swallowed hard and knitted my eyebrows together. "How do you know that? I thought only the Inside would know who I am," I replied, quite baffled myself. No one had ever recognized me before.


     Ander's face flushed red and he dropped my hand. Folding his arms across his chest, his gaze fell to the ground. "I'm a little bit of a history buff. I was always interested in the history of the factions. I'm a nerd, I know."


    I smiled and shook my head. I never thought Inbetweeners would even be slightly interested in the higher factions. They should hate us, really. "Not at all. I think it's really cool that you're so interested. I actually like history a lot, too."


  Ander lifted his head, and his eyes lit up. "Are you serious? Tell me more about yourself."


   So I did. For the next two hours we sat on the dusty floorboards of that half-burnt building, sitting indian style across from each other, leaning in like two gossiping fourteen year old girls. And by the end of those two hours I knew more about Ander than most people I had known my whole life. He had lived in the Inbetween his entire life. His mother died while having his little sister, Nova. He said a lot of women don't make it through child birth here in the Inbetween. It was a miracle that his sister lived. He helped his father take care of her until his father got pneumonia and passed away during a particularly cold winter five years earlier. Ander was only twelve years old, alone, with a two year old child that he had to take care of. A friend of his father helped him get a job of hauling the food,that a higher government than even the Inside rationed out to them, from the dock where the boats deliver it to a stock building where they store the foods. His pay was an extra portion of food that he shared with Nova. So, that's what he did everyday since he was twelve to now.


     After he told me his story, I told him mine. I told him everything about how the Inside isn't what everyone thinks it is. I told him about how my father is a greedy, conniving person who shouldn't be trusted. I told him about how I hoped to get away from the Inside one day. I told him about how I was so desperate that I had even considered transferring to the Outside. And that is a drastic decision. By the end of it, I think Ander hated the Inside just as much as I did.


     Soon realization set in that it was starting to get dark, and I needed to get home before my father sent someone out to look for me.


"I should really get going," I told Ander. A look of disappointment flooded his face.


   I grabbed by backpack off the ground and hoisted it onto my shoulder. Pushing myself off up the ground, Ander did the same. I brushed the dirt off my dress and hoped that my parents wouldn't notice. I needed to come up with an excuse for that.


     "I'll walk you to the entrance. You think it's dangerous during the day? It's ten times worse at night," Ander said, and I followed him as we headed back towards the open side of the building.


     As soon as we stepped outside the stench hit me again. I wrinkled my nose and tried not to look in the direction of the bodies.


    Ander must have noticed the gloomy look of my face because he quickly put his hand on my back and steered me the other way.


 "How do you stand this smell?" I asked as I did my best to breathe out of my mouth.


    Ander shrugged and I caught his eyes glance back at the bodies. No doubt his parents had once been there. "I guess you just get used to it. I don't even really notice it anymore."


 I shuddered and quickened my steps. "I don't think I could ever get used to that."


"Just be glad you don't have to."


    I can't imagine having to see that everyday. To live in this place must be horrific. I just knew I would have nightmares of it that night.


    As we neared the entrance that I had came in before I noticed a little girl standing off to the side of the entrance. She couldn't have been more than six or seven years old. She had long bown hair that was matted with dirt and wore a dirty nightgown. She was frail and her skin had a grey tint to it. Her eyes sunk in, and cheekbones jutted out. As we got closer to her she raised her eyes and looked up at me, and I realized that they were the exact shade of green as Ander's.


    Ander stopped walking and stepped in front of me. He knelt in front of the girl, and I watched in admiration as he took her hands in his.


     "What are you doing out here, Nova? You know you're supposed to stay at home when I'm out." Oh, so it was his sister. No wonder they had the same amazing eyes.


    He handled her so well. Most people would have lost their temper, but Ander stayed calm. I know I had just known him for a few hours, but I knew he was special when I seen him with his sister. There was just something about him.


    Nova smiled guiltily, and rocked back and forth on her heels. "I know, but I got bored," she said, leaning her face close to Ander's and giggling.


     He chuckled and ruffled her hair. Turning his head towards me he introduced us. "Nova, this is my new friend, Nyx. Nyx this is my sister, Nova."


    I smiled and waved at the little girl. She grinned and waved back enthusiastically. It truly humbled me that she could be so happy in the situation she was in.


     Ander stood up and patted Nova on the head. "You better go back home now, okay. I'll be home in a few minutes, and I'll read you the story like I promised last night."


    Nova smiled and nodded her head vigorously. She hugged Ander's legs tightly. I was a little taken back when she ran over and wrapped her skinny arms around my legs. She rested her chin on my stomach and looked up at me.


     "You're pretty," she said as she looked up at me. I know it was coming from a seven year old, but it still made me feel so good. No one had ever called me that before other than my mother. All the girls from the Inside looked a lot alike, so no one really stood out. Especially me.


  I smiled down at the little girl. "So are you."


    Nova giggled and scampered off into the rows of shacks. I laughed a little at the childish actions. None of the Inside kids were as sweet as her.


   I looked over at Ander who stood with a smile on his face, watching his sister until he couldn't see her anymore.


   "C'mon. I'll walk you down the path," he said, and placed his hand on my back again.


    I felt guilty as I walked away from the Inbetween. How could anyone let people live this way? The Inbetween was a prime example of how truly horrible the Inside really was. If the Insiders were such great people, the Inbetween wouldn't even exist.


     We passed through the opening in the wall, and Ander ducked down so he wouldn't hit his head. The gravel crunched underneath my feet, and I knew it had to hurt Ander's bare feet stepping on those rocks. He didn't say anything, though.


     "You take good care of your sister. I can tell that you really love her," I said, looking over at him.


Ander shrugged and met my gaze. "She's all I've got, you know? I wouldn't know what to do without her."


   How sweet is that? I always wondered what it would be like to have a sibling. That's a certain bond that you just can't have with someone else. It's like a built in friend.


   Once we reached the end of the path I turned to Ander who shoved his hand in his pockets. I didn't want to leave, and something about the way he was acting made me think he didn't want me to leave, either.


 "Thanks for watching out for me today. I had a great time talking to you."


Ander smiled, flashing his teeth. "Me too. I just wish you could have stayed longer."


   A wave of guilt flooded me again as we stood in silence. I could tell he wasn't sure what to do as he fidgeted around. So, I decided to do something I don't usually do. I hugged him. I've never been a very affectionate person, but it seemed like the right thing to do.


    I wrapped my arms around his neck and after a minute of hesitation he wrapped his around my back. My chin rested on his shoulder, and I was glad he couldn't see the smile that spread across my face.


     After pulling away we said our goodbyes and I began to turn the corner off of the path. But then I heard my name, and I turned around quickly. Once again, I almost collided with Ander, but this time I was met with a friendly smile instead of wide eyes.


    He handed me a piece of paper. Where he got it from, I'm not sure. I guess it came out of his pants pocket. That would make sense. Duh, Nyx.


   "Now I'm going to go back for real this time," he said, giving me an adorable half smile. For a little way he walked backwards, waving at me with a goofy grin on his face. Finally, he turned around, and I watched him until I couldn't see him anymore.


     I smiled to myself and looked down at the piece of paper. On it was written- 'I had fun with you today, and I'd like to see you again. If you want, meet me outside of the wall tomorrow. P.S. I think you're pretty, too.'


    I couldn't contain the excitement I felt after reading that. Since I was alone, I allowed myself to let out a girly squeal.


Once I composed myself I stuck the note into the zipper of my backpack and started back home.


  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

   I smiled at the flashback. It seemed like such a long time ago. It was hard to believe that it had only been six months.


    "Of course I remember. That was like the weirdest day of my life, and the best day of my life all mashed together in one big pot of awesomeness."


Ander laughed and shook his head. "You're so weird, Nyx."


    I giggled and layed my head on his lap so that I could see the sky better. Ander played with my hair, making me feel drowsy.


  "We've come a long way, huh? Since that day?" I leaned my head back a little so I could see his face.


He nodded and looked back up at the sparkling sky. "A very long way."


    I grinned and watched him as he stared up. I'd always tried my best to savor every moment with him, never knowing which one might be my last. You'd think all the dangers would have put a strain on our relationship, but it never did. We always managed to have fun together, and rarely even discussed our actual situation. I guess that was one way we were able to keep going. We just tried to forget about everything that could happen. Everything that would happen, if you want to be a realist.


     I sighed and glanced around the alley we were in. That moment was when I heard it. A distant noise that I couldn't really make out, but I knew it was something.


I shot up quickly and gripped Ander's arm. "Did you hear that?" I asked, panic welling up in me.


    Ander's eyebrows knitted together as he looked at me like I was a lunatic. "What are you talking-?" He stopped.

 
   The noise was louder now, and I could hear the voices of men. The footsteps like a horrifying chorus as they marched in unison. This couldn't really be it, could it?


     Ander lifted himself off the ground, and I stood up behind him. I squeezed my eyes shut, hoping with everything I had that these people weren't coming for us.


    I gripped on to the back of Ander's shirt, too afraid to let go.


 "Ander," I whimpered.


He shushed me and reached his hand back for me to take. I grabbed it quickly and squeezed tight.


    The footsteps stopped and for a second I thought that they were gone. I forced my eyes open and peeked over Ander's shoulder. Boy, was I wrong! Atleast a dozen men stood in the entrance of the alley, and one very familiar face was holding a gun.


     I wanted to scream. I wanted to grab Ander and run, but I was frozen with fear. Everything in me ached, and my eyes filled with tears. After everything we'd been through this was the end. I had always knew it was going to happen one day. I tried to deny it, but it was always there in the back of my mind.


     I squeezed Ander's hand one more time before the gunshot went off. It was a deafening noise and it made my ears ring. I watched in horror as Ander fell to the ground, at my feet, in a growing pool of blood that was seeping from the wound in his head.


      I screamed so hard and so loud that my lungs felt like they were on fire. My knees felt like they were going to buckle underneath me, but I did my best to stay strong in the last few moments that I had. Forcing myself to be brave, I raised my eyes to look into the icy blue orbs of the gunman.


     Those were the eyes that should bring me comfort, not this horrible, frightening doom. Those were the eyes that should have sung to me when I was little, not kill me when I was still young. Those were the eyes of my father. The wonderful, innocent, and pure leader of the Inside. How ironic.


      Another gunshot rang out, and a ripping pain shot through my whole body. It felt like someone was ripping everything out of me. My body crumpled to the ground beside Ander, and the last color I saw, before the blackness encased me, was emerald. Bright and beautiful as ever.

© 2012 Lydia


Author's Note

Lydia
Please tell me what you think! It's the first short story I've written in a while so bear with me if it's a little rough.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This can work in to a great story. There is so much emotion in this piece. You have a true talent for writing, cherish it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lydia

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much. I actually now have a book I'm working on based off of this. It's called Determined .. read more
Wonderful story with sad ending like Romeo and Juliet. Oh My God, I was about to cry:'(. Loved the story, keep it up. Keep writing :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lydia

11 Years Ago

I'm actually going to take these characters and this concpet and make a book out of it. I'm hoping t.. read more
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

I know how hard it is to write stories during school days. But no worries do it whenever you want to.. read more
If I recall correctly, you are 13? And this is the first short story you've written in a while? What did you do? Pop out of the womb with a pen in one hand and a sheet of paper in the other? I am astounded. I am enthralled with your concept. I think it's a winner. I do caution you about too many flashbacks. Many readers will put the book down in the first few pages if they feel jerked around by the discord in time. I'm seeing a book here, not a short story. The concept is just too big for a short story. It cries for a novel in my humble opinion. Which brings me to this point: you are the god of this world you are creating. Listen to your reader's iunput. Ponder it well. Then follow your writer's heart.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kes
Wow, this is so sad. It's like Romeo and Juliet in a dystopian setting. It's amazing. I'd love this to be made into a series of short stories - maybe telling other couples' stories? No pressure!
Keep up the hard work, you!
K

Posted 11 Years Ago


omg this was so heartwrenching loved it D; It made me think of romeo and juliet, Delirium, and a book i cant remember the title of atm omg it was so good 100/100 best thing of yours so far *favs forever* THIS IS AMAZING IMA PUT IT IN MY LIBRARY oh btw Oblivious by Kalafina is perfect for the climax of this book i was listening to it and the combined effect was like hnngggh sad

Posted 11 Years Ago


i liked it. forbidden love. great job. nice ending.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was simply beautiful! I really loved this a lot..
Gotta shelve it!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I have to go bawl my eyes out.. That was such a wonderful story.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

447 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on August 24, 2012
Last Updated on September 2, 2012

Author

Lydia
Lydia

Enchanting Wonderland of Fantasies, AL



About
Hello, people of Writerscafe.org! Here are some random questions to get to know me better: 1. What's your favorite candle scent? Anything that has some kind of baked good in the name. 2. What f.. more..

Writing
Over Again Over Again

A Book by Lydia