Prologue- A Far Off Dream

Prologue- A Far Off Dream

A Chapter by Lydia

Five Years Ago

 

 

     

   She squealed and threw her head back laughing as he chased her down the beach. The wind whipped her wavy blond hair around her beaming face. Her neon yellow bikini stood out among the crowd of people, just like her vibrant smile. Random beachgoers frowned at the teenaged innocent as she fought against the sand, her bare feet sinking farther down with every lunge and leap she took. She stole a quick glance over her shoulder, her cerulean blue eyes glistening like the sun on the ocean, mesmerizing the boy as he reached out to catch her.

 

    Her ruby red lips parted in a shriek as she lost her footing and the boy tackled her to the ground. She landed on her back, and the boy hovered over her, his palms pressed firmly into the sand on either side of her head. They laughed until their stomachs hurt, until they couldn’t breathe. Her chest heaved as she looked into his sparkling brown eyes, framed perfectly by thick, black lashes, so long and curly like none she’d ever seen before in her life.

 

    His tanned face was merely inches from hers and it made her head spin. She’d never been that close to a boy before. She was a teenaged innocent, after all. Not him, though. He’d had lots of girlfriends, in fact, he could have any girl he wanted. At least that’s what she thought. They all seemed to hang on him like he was some sort of possession of theirs, like a toy they’d never dare to share with anyone else.

 

    She saw him smile, how he looked at her with a twinge of admiration. No one had ever looked at her like that before and it made her tingle from her toes to the tip of her head. “Mel, I like you,” he said, his voice low and hushed, slightly muffled by the waves of the ocean crashing onto the shore.

 

    She sunk her teeth into her bottom lip, the corners of her mouth flickering and twitching, contorting into a prize-winning smile, at least in the boy’s eyes. “I like you, too, Zayn,” she whispered softly, as if she were revealing a century-long kept secret. As if anyone else heard, then the seagulls soaring above would fall from the sky, everyone on the beach would suddenly drop dead, and her precious Zayn would crumble into a million pieces right before her eyes. Yes, it was a bit farfetched but it seemed relevant at the moment, at least in her mind it did.

 

    He moved closer, the salty oceanic smell of his wet hair filling up her nostrils until his honey flavored lips met hers in a soft and gentle motion. It was her first kiss, and everything her cheesy romance novels said would happen, happened. Butterflies erupted in her stomach, her heart raced, there were sparks, fireworks, everything. It was perfect. Everything was perfect.



© 2013 Lydia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

omg sweet I'm not the only one who posts fanfictions on here too lol OMG LONG TIME NO SEE HUH? Huh? no? Okay lol. Anyway good read >:3 Twas beautiful~ Love your works like always! YOU'VE GOTTEN NOTHING BUT BETTER!

Posted 11 Years Ago


beautifully written
and not one of those words I hate like emerald or stiff elaborate metaphors that limp
all flow and beauty
I would definitely turn the page, hoping for more of this direct honesty'


Posted 11 Years Ago


Lydia

11 Years Ago

If you want to read more, I'm posting the rest of this story on onedirectionfanfiction.com. My usern.. read more
Aww!! Really great story so far! Can't wait to ready the next chapter! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I strangely enjoyed this quite a bit. (Lol!) It began a little rough to read there in the beginning. You should maybe do some slight revising in the first paragraph to help the flow. I'll admit I found it corny in areas, but sometimes, we need a little cheesiness in our lives!

Here was my biggest complaint though: the kiss could have been better detailed. The first five paragraphs, you're readers are certain, is leading up to something big. You deflated that anticipation when I read so little about the kiss. Maybe you intended it as a cliffhanger? Maybe not?

If I came through to review, then I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not the best writer, but I know what is and isn't good writing. With some SLIGHT editing, this could really have blown me away for my tastes. I'll be reading the next chapter.

--Christoph Poe

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

417 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 12, 2013
Last Updated on January 12, 2013


Author

Lydia
Lydia

Enchanting Wonderland of Fantasies, AL



About
Hello, people of Writerscafe.org! Here are some random questions to get to know me better: 1. What's your favorite candle scent? Anything that has some kind of baked good in the name. 2. What f.. more..

Writing
Over Again Over Again

A Book by Lydia