Heartbeat

Heartbeat

A Poem by TheMalady
"

There is always a first time for everything.

"






"Who are you?"



Did you not whisper those?

Under playful shadows of the Willow,

The sky closing down to dusk

While the wind howls in unison.



"Let's walk together..."



A lullaby

Drifting and swallowed 

By the beating music of heart

And splashing crimson of Love.




"Until tomorrow then."



Promises, pinky swear

Eyes flickering

As you stare straight into mine

A fleeting memory - forever it will mark.







-TheMalady 

© 2016 TheMalady


Author's Note

TheMalady
Hello! >_<

You know that sensation when you had your first time?
Well, especially when you meet someone that makes your heart go 'doki-doki?'

Any feed backs? I will be glad if you could share them. :)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i was pinky sworn with a couple loves...but they must have had their toes crossed...false promises...but that first time is always significant...and we believe...as we grow older and become jaded---we have trouble believing...
but i like the hopeful mood of this ...the time of innocence and "maybe this is it?" feeling.

and i like those separate lines...a poem within the poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheMalady

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot! I'm glad for your honest review and for liking this poem. Again, thanks a lot! :)



Reviews

such a sweet to the point but yet so enduring and demanding ................. poem. I enjoyed it very much.... kudos love..... I applaud you.....

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheMalady

8 Years Ago

hi TFK! Thank you very much for reading. I'm happy that you liked this one. Your praises flatter me... read more
I did enjoy the poetry.
'Promises, pinky swear
Eyes flickering
As you stare straight into mine
A fleeting memory - forever it will mark."
The above lines were perfect. Nothing as real as a pinky swear. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheMalady

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot, Coyote! I am very glad that you enjoyed this one! Thank you very much once more! :)
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome.
While the wind howls in unison.
this line is something which takes you to a perfect HINDI CINEMA LOVE STORY,,,,,lol
i really liked the poem and am happy with the end,,,thanks for writing so good and becoming an encouragement for new writers....

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheMalady

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot, gunjan! I'm happy that you like this poem. It's also nice to know that I give off that.. read more
gunjan

8 Years Ago

thanks to you for inspiring the beginners.
TheMalady

8 Years Ago

You're very welcome, though I must say that I'm a beginner myself. :)
Its good to see you express the emotion through your writing great work carry on.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheMalady

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot! I'm happy that you read my poem. Thanks a lot! This will be an encouragement for me :)
Aman samrat khare (ASK)

8 Years Ago

Pleasure's all mine.check my writing 'its good to be near'
Hey. Your verses are beautiful. Doki-doki? Haha, I don't know about that but then my heart did go 'Ba-Dump' and then silent for a good while and then the pace went up. Reminded me of that. I loved it! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheMalady

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot, Sage! I'm honored to know that you love this! Thanks again for reading :)
Sage

8 Years Ago

Oi oi, what do you mean by honored? I'm a fellow poet, not some bigshot! I like all your works, writ.. read more
This was a great description of how it might feel in those first moments with someone who makes your heart skip a beat - good job!! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheMalady

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for the read! Your words will encourage me to write further. :)
The complicated simplicity of a first tentative meeting nicely expressed. Well done!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheMalady

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot! I'm happy to know that you've taken your time for reading this poem. Thanks a lot! :)
Enjoyable poem. Yes indeed brings back fond memories of a first love...so exciting. Well expressed and written. Keep up the good work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheMalady

8 Years Ago

Thanks a lot, Celie Rose! Your words will inspire me to keep on writing! Thanks! :)
To answer your question: no I haven't. I'm probably a bit too young to experience this myself, but hopefully old enough to appreciate it when others do.

Overall, very good poem. I've kind of developed a sense of what love is from all the media describing it, some of it coming from this website actually. This does fit, I think it actually captures the essence of what everyone is trying to describe. Love the way you implemented strips of conversation, makes it seem almost forgotten except for the feelings in between.
Hope you keep writing! And sorry for the delay, I'm really backed up with my read requests.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheMalady

8 Years Ago

Thanks! Haha, don't worry. It's no problem. I'm glad that you still had the time to read and review .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1519 Views
36 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 24, 2016
Last Updated on January 30, 2016
Tags: Innocence, Heartbeat, Bloom, Memory

Author

TheMalady
TheMalady

About
Somehow, it seems I can't keep up with the multiple reviews that gradually increase each day. I'll try to make it a point to read your work. Meanwhile, I am currently revising some of my old works.. more..

Writing
About Me About Me

A Story by TheMalady


The Forgotten The Forgotten

A Chapter by TheMalady



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..