Aliza and the Hound

Aliza and the Hound

A Story by ThexUselessxOne
"

some lil girls are never afraid and some big beast are nothing but nice

"

                 Once upon a time there was a small town. In this town was a little girl who loved everything and was afraid of nothing. Her name was Aliza, she was a strange little girl, and she loved something that most people feared, a demon, a demon that saved her life. The demon was a big fierce hound, with Tan almost golden fur that was as soft as silk, with red ruby eyes that glowed in the dark. To Aliza it was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. Since she showed no fear towards the hound she got up and began to pet her. The hound, in shock, was amazed at how such a small little creature was not running away in fear. Well despite that, from then on the hound decided that she was Aliza's protector. And that no one nor anything was going to harm her. Aliza came back to the village with the hound. The first person to see Aliza and the hound demon together screamed and ran away. This saddened the hound but the girl was determined to make them understand, so she yelled and scream at the people for thinking that her protector was anything evil but instead a hero. After awhile the towns people got use to the hound, so soon the hound was accepted as one of them. this, in light, made the hound demon very happy

soon summer came and the hound would follow Aliza were ever she went, making sure that no one hurt her. The hound would sit and watch as the little girl would make many flower necklaces and give them to her nearly drowning her in the sent of Daisies, which the hound did not mind at all, actually she enjoyed watching Aliza play seeing how the girl was not corrupted by the adult world and was still able to go around freely and do what she wished. The hound though was more than grown up she had seen things that no human has ever seen before and wished that no one would ever have to. When night came the hound would take Aliza back to her home for her to sleep only to do the same thing the very next day.

As the girl grew the hound watched to make sure that no one would corrupt her Aliza, but then no one would dare, for the hound loved Aliza as if she was her own, even though she wasn't. When Aliza had to do her chores the hound would come along and help with what she could. They would soak the laundry in the river and the hound would help pull them out. As they waited for them to dry on the branches of the trees, Aliza and the hound would sit in the shad and have there lunch, Aliza would talk to the hound, talk about the day, tell her of her likes and dislikes, what was good to eat and what was bad, then plan for the next day were they would be together again to do the same routine that they have always done.

As Aliza grew and changed, the hound did not. Soon something happened and then Aliza grew very sick and bed ridden. The hound did not know what to do, what could she do, she asked her self many times but she could not save Aliza if what she needed to fight was the girl herself, so all the hound could do is wait and hope for the best. The hound would sit with girl and listen to the sound of her voice for it was her most soothing lullaby, the one thing she loved most. When the girl got worse the hound went to the mountains to get some herbs that she hoped would work, sadly it didn't, Aliza grew worse. Soon the hound new that Aliza was not going to live much longer. Finally one day the hound sat with Aliza like she did every day, to listen to her soothing lullaby but the girls voice grew weak and was barely a whisper soon the girl that the hound had protected for many years and loved like no other died.

on the day of her funeral once everyone had left the hound sad in front of the grave and howled to the heavens shedding tears of a crimson red that fell to the earth, right over the grave, out of the ground sprouted the most beautiful willow tree that anyone had ever seen. It surrounded the grave and sheltered it just as the hound did Aliza remembering the last words she had said to the hound “I will always love you” the hound left never to be seen by a human ever again.

                                    the end

© 2010 ThexUselessxOne


Author's Note

ThexUselessxOne
this is old i revised it tho :] it was inspired by the song "When She Loved Me"

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I could only read one paragraph in before I had to put it in the closest word processor I had, so that I could insert proper paragraph breaks.

I like the story and outside of some awkward sentences and the lack of paragraph breaks (it's online so it needs to be double spaced). It's warming, the imagery is nice and easily able to be grasped, and the grammar errors are rare and when they do happen they don't take away from the story.

I noticed you had some trouble with a few things that I did before I learned how to separate sentences and paragraphs properly (I have dyslexia as well), so if you have someone who doesn't mind dealing with the problems that come with dyslexia than maybe you can get them to do corrections without laying in to you about some of the problems you have and can't help at the moment.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

399 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 26, 2009
Last Updated on February 18, 2010
Tags: Little girl, Dog, Hound, Fantsy

Author

ThexUselessxOne
ThexUselessxOne

No Manes Land



About
Hello :] i am ThexUselessxOne its nice to meet you. i dont write alot seeing as i am Dyslexic so if you do read my writing please do be gentle. more..

Writing