Golden Kingdom

Golden Kingdom

A Chapter by TinaSummer

 

Golden Kingdom

 

The sun was shining bright in the sky as the three walked. “How much farther?” Kyong-wook asked. “For a man, you really act like a girl.” Violet said. “We’ve been walking for an hour. I think I have a right to complain.” He said. “I can’t believe you’re dating this guy.” Violet said to Soo-young. “We’re not dating.” She said. “Really?” violet asked. “You guys really act like a couple.”  She said.

“Well we’re not.” Soo-young said firmly. “Ok.” Violet said. “Any way. We’re almost there.” She said.

The sky seemed to get brighter the more they walked. A castle came into view.  “Whoa. This is definitely the golden kingdom.” Soo-young said. “Come on, there has to be a clue here.” Violet said. “What are we supposed to be looking for anyway?” Kyong-Wook asked. “The journal says, ‘to find what you desire, look for something shiny and powerful.” “Jewelry.” Violet said. They approached the castle door and stopped. “What?” Violet looked at the two. “How is jewelry, supposed to help?” Soo-young asked. “Not just any jewelry. The heart of gold. It was used to reflect attacks from the silver kingdom. It’s the shiniest and power fullest things in the golden kingdom.”  She looked through the window. “There are people in there. If we want to find what we’re looking for, we’ll have to do it fast.” She said. “The necklace is guarded by two soldiers. They take breaks every 5 minutes. Judging from how long it will take us to get in and find it, we’re good.”

The three quietly made their way to the back of the castle, where they snuck in through the door. “Now which way do we go?” soo-young whispered. Kyoung-wook looked around before grabbing something off the wall. “What is that?” Soo-young asked. “A map of the kingdom.” He said. “Now where are we?” He asked.  Violet looked around a bit. “Well this looks like the dungeon.” She said. “They have a dungeon?”

Violet shh’d kyoung-wook. “Give me that.” She snatched the map away from Kyong-wook. “If were in the dungeon, then the Jewel room should be upstairs.”  She said. “Ok. We have to hurry, we have three minutes to get upstairs and two minutes to get out of here.”

“Now, we have to be really quite.” Violet said. Soo-young grabbed Kyong-wook’s hands and pulled him along. They came to an abrupt stop. “what’s wrong?” she asked. Violet peeked over the railing. “Nothing. They’re gone.” She said and started walking again. They got to the top of the stairs and stopped again. How much time?” Violet asked. “1 minute, 30 seconds.” Kyong-wook said. “where to now?” “Left and 2 rights.” Soo-young said. Violet nodded. Continued to walk until they came to a room filled with gold. “I think we’re here.” Soo-young said. “Time.” Violet said. “52 seconds.”  Kyong-wook said. “Help me look.” Violet said. They each dashed off to a different part of the room. “Have you found it?” violet asked. “No.” They both said. They looked for a few more seconds. “Found it.” Soo-young said. Violet and Kyong-wook ran over to her. “Great! Now how much time do we have?” Violet asked. “We have exactly-“  “Hey! Who are you!?” A guards yelled from the door. “Zero seconds! Run!” Kyong-wook screamed.
They ran out of the door, dodging the guard. Footsteps echoed behind them as multiply guards ran after them. “Where do we go?!” Violet screamed. “Left!” Kyong-wook screamed back. They took a sharp left and collided with another guard. “Right! Right! Right!” Soo-young screamed. The sound of footsteps echoed throughout the castle as they ran. “I see the door!” Violet screamed. She ran as fast as she could and pried open the door. “Go! Go! Go!” She yelled. 



© 2015 TinaSummer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on November 16, 2015
Last Updated on November 16, 2015