God takes selfies too

God takes selfies too

A Poem by Tony Jordan
"

inspired by a lightning flash

"
God 
takes selfies too 
you know
with flash enabled 
and 
in between each 
take
we will count 
100
200
300
...

© 2017 Tony Jordan


Author's Note

Tony Jordan
The countdown refers to a local Irish custom of counting between flash of lightning and rumble of thunder. Counting is done each time a flash occurs. If the count is longer than the previous count then the storm is said to be moving away from the 'counter'.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

love the theme ..language and simplicity .. what is it that Jesus/God said? we must be as children to enter heaven? ... i think it is not probably a conscous thing but that you start with the mention of the biggest possible imaginable and the form of your poem drops to a very small "..." which i can easily interpret as a path to the very same thing .. that this came to you in a flash ;) is very cool ... how far away was that storm my friend?
E.

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tony Jordan

6 Years Ago

Bayjaysus I missed this review E!
Wow I never noticed that and I'm grateful to you for pointi.. read more
Einstein Noodle

6 Years Ago

:) ......................



Reviews

True, God invisibly literally takes selfies. Honest words. Good work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Thanks for educating me about an Irish custom. I will be looking at lightning in a whole new light from now on, and will be counting too.you not only inspired me, left me feeling pleasantly pleased as well.

Posted 6 Years Ago


The title caught my eye... it is beautiful and a bit funny. I just chuckled at the title before reading it. I love this...

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tony Jordan

6 Years Ago

If we are made in His image - perhaps we are the selfies made flesh. Nah...I'm away with the faeries.. read more
this is great...
what if God's selfie was Jesus...

i read a crazy blog post about selfies being sinful...
but some people get crazy about idols etc.

this one is fun.

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tony Jordan

6 Years Ago

That is an intriguing thought - would he know Himself? No, that's getting a bit too ecumenical for 9.. read more
Novel perspective.
One, quite obviously, reflective of the times.
Excellent and creative!

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tony Jordan

6 Years Ago

Thank you FJ - always my friend.
I was thinking of the film Ted and the Thunderbuddies song as I read this!!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tony Jordan

6 Years Ago

Sorry about the delay in replying. I guess it's not too long (read a reply that was 7 years later th.. read more
Tomás Ó Cárthaigh

6 Years Ago

😀 I don't be on here often myself! Must post and review more than I do!
Yes, we have this custom in England too! Thunder/lightning storms are my favourite, this poem reminds me of my childhood. I love the fact you have combined something old and something new. Modern day selfie culture and beautiful customs touching base with nature. This is great!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tony Jordan

6 Years Ago

You're too kind boobalajcushion (what an ace handle !!)
Thank you.
God takes selfies,now that is a thought provoking statement

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tony Jordan

6 Years Ago

Was waiting on a smiting thunderbolt after penning this Ron lol
Thank you my friend.
Novel idea! God takes selfies and is himself the (lightning) flash- how "green" is that?! Great!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tony Jordan

6 Years Ago

Holy sausage - forgive my overlooking this witty wonderful review Annette - green, yes He best set a.. read more
Annette Pisano-Higley

6 Years Ago

No problem my friend- You are most welcome!
It took me a while to figure this and then I had a lightning flash! Funnily enough I was traversing the Reeks ridge in Ireland when we heard thunder in the distance and then the count dropped to zero - very scary! As I read more of your stuff I can see that you have an mind that can go off at tangents which makes for interesting writing. I enjoy trying something different myself but you have to be thick skinned! I liked this curious little one!
Cheers,
Alan

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tony Jordan

6 Years Ago

The power of the storms can give us a real inkling of our insignificance no Alan?
I wish Tru.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

876 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 26, 2017
Last Updated on August 5, 2017

Author

Tony Jordan
Tony Jordan

United Kingdom



About
Just writing to get it out My avatar is an actual slice of an onion that I cut up and I kept and froze - it reminds me of the saying - If you don't laugh, you cry. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..