God Bless The Queen

God Bless The Queen

A Poem by Revolutionary
"

I have always believed in what this country used to be

"

Ar we free because we

pay no alligiance to king nor queen?

 

It is completely nieve

for Americans to believe

that we are invincible

in a world of Hierarchy.

This country is a baby

amongst ancient legacy.

We are crowned God bless America

and the statue of liberty.

Tribes of royal blood

watched us wallow in the mud

till we churned the moistened dirt

into an economic flood

Royal b******s lick their lips

and spike the elections with hypocrites

posing as manchurian presidents

ripping the constitution to bits

I ask if you still think your free

because you don't recite "God Bless The Quen."

© 2011 Revolutionary


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i made a friend from manchester, england, whom i was training here. he loved the united states so much and i asked why.
He handed me his passport and matched it to mine:
UK: "subject to the queen"
US: "Citizen of the United States of America"



Posted 12 Years Ago


What a great piece of analytical something .. love it. Forgive me for now ranting a little, Social History graduate here - and interested in our sad but would be beautiful world.

I can't comment too much of the opinions you give about your country, that would be discourteous.What I can say is that politics generally are used for the wrong reasons; those in office are supported by men with so-called expertise biassed toward right or left and rarely centre of the electorate.(That's assuming voters live in a country where they have the given right to actually vote for who they want!) Considering that 'Money makes power' is the phrase of modern society .. i wonder why there's a recession .. that's as cynical as I get without being disgusting. :)

Our country, the UK, has problems galore, always has, our history proves it : depressions, wars, rebellion and more, much more. We have magnificent pageantry, we have our wonderful hard-working queen .. but we have hypocrites and wallow in the mud too.

The Only time we're free is in our dreams .. makes a body want to sleep more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


If you study History. Grand old England had a lot of demons to hide. They set the example for a country for being involved in wars and hate till other countries like the USA took their place. I have spend time in England. USA is based on different things till lately. Here in the USA we have allow our freedom to be took away by a Government trying to control all things. We the people need to demand less government. I'm glad for England. I didn't waste a minute on a wedding that mean little to me. I rather watch the Red Wings play a hockey game.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


oh I do like the venom pouring itself into this body poetic~ the whole modern world is a shambles of f***ery in my opinion~

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 26, 2011
Last Updated on February 26, 2011

Author

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

hale, MI



About
I write for fun.I have a beach and trail cleanup group.I find a lot of treasures on the beach more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Kisses Kisses

A Poem by Robin