What Can Happen In A Second... (Color Version)

What Can Happen In A Second... (Color Version)

A Story by The StoryTeller
"

I wrote this for a journal entry in school for Creative Writing, but this was more based to us here on Writers Cafe. You'll see why. :p You should listen to it.

"

Anything can happen in a second. We all know that, don't we? But we all think of only the negative. How can we be negative centered and try to look at the world positive? When will we stop and realize, "Oh, I've been traveling down this road too long, just trying to find my way back home, the old me is dead and gone, dead and gone, eh?" -T.I. (Dead and Gone)

How long are we going to look into the past? Traveling down that road? Always remembering what was done to us? How long is too long? You'd tell me too long is when you're long gone. When you're lost in your own head, in your own Mind. When you're Shattered and feel No One Sees You.

When you're all alone and wonder, "Would it matter if I was here tomorrow, would anyone care, would anyone lose sleep?" -Skillet (Re-Wording of "Would It Matter?") When you give up. When you're drowning in your own Mind, when you have voices in your head that won't shut up. When you feel if you don't let it out you'll go insane. When you cease to become yourself and begin to become a Pain Bearer.

But how long are we going to hurt? How long are we going to travel down this road? How long is too long? How long are we going to be stuck in this dark pit, this Maze, this Rift, not awake, not alive? (Skillet) How long is it going to take us to wake up? (NF) Trying to find our way back to ourselves, to the light, to our soul, to home? How long are those of us that hate ourselves not going to forgive ourselves and not see that the old us is dead and gone? And not let this Bad Blood dry? (Bastille)

How long are we going to not try to make the old us dead and gone? How long are we going to have Her Pain? How long are we going to be Ashes to Ashes, Looking Up At The Stars In The Sky? How long are we going to be a Beast, Transparent? How long are we going to hide, not Asking Ourselves About The Masks? How long? 

How long? You said that this reminded you of what you need to do. You said it's an important quote. You said you live every day this way. You said you're doing this, but are you seeing The Sunset or Sunrise? Are you seeing positive or negative? Are you truly Living As If You're Gonna Die? Are you Together Forever? How long are you going to lie to yourself? You're not. You're not doing so many of those things many of us say we are. We lie and maybe try a little, but we really don't.

Whether deep down or right there visible on the surface to the non-mask covered eye we know we don't. We don't have time. We are Sands, and we live for mere decades. Nothing in the eye of eternity. A grain of Sand. When will we decide Today I Can and Today I Choose? How long must we disagree with the voice in our head that says Why Not? How long must we suffocate with the fact that We Have A Dark Past?

How long must we see everything as Armageddon? How long will we choose to be fine with This World We Live In? How long will we continue in this cause that'll lead us to a grave that says, "What a waste..." Instead of, "WHAT A LIFE!" "It's not what you're running from, it's what you're running to." -Nicholas Sparks. So today I choose to run to what I've been running to.

I choose to decide Today I Can and I Choose. I choose to listen to Why Not? I choose to realize we are just Sands. I choose to be Together Forever. I choose to positively see The Sunset. I choose to see The Sunrise. I choose to not see Armageddon. I choose not to have Regrets. I choose to forgive, because that old me is dead and gone. I choose to have people and my gravestone say, "WHAT A LIFE!" I choose to Live As If I'm Gonna Die. 

What about you?

Are you with me truly, honestly, and fully?

Will you join me?

© 2015 The StoryTeller


Author's Note

The StoryTeller
The colors were partly chosen on purpose... just read it and tell me what you think. I was gripped in this writing until I finished it, I couldn't stop it... I feel everyone needs to read this... I'm also posting a non-color version. Just tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel like people get comfortable and take time for granted. Anything CAN happen in a second from love, to death, to… well anything. This was a nice, inspiring thought (the story itself, I mean). I have often caught myself thinking too much about the past. That’s why I got back to writing, to make a place for my past. The longer I let it occupy my present (especially when it is negative thoughts) the more good experiences I miss. I actually thought the color coding was cool, too. At first I was like jeez, volume control. But, the more I read the more it made sense and added to the artistic aspect of this thought. The only one I would change is the light blue part, because it was too light, making it a little hard to read against the white BG of the site page. In ways I felt like this was a Slam Poem. You ought to look up Slam Poetry and try reading this aloud/ recording it in that style. You might really enjoy the experience! The end was a nice call to action, as well. Good job!


Suggestions:

~ “old me's dead” Me is.
~ “running from, it's what you're” Semi colon instead of a colon.


Nitpicks:

~ “We all know that don't we?” “We all know that, don’t we?”
~ “A LIFE!!!!!" Multiple punctuation is grammatically incorrect and unneeded. Sorry, it’s like a pet peeve of mine so I always comment on it. A single exclamation mark is enough emphasis, multiple is just distracting.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I'm glad you are, and once again, thank you for the suggestions. :D To kind of go with this and for .. read more
Meat of Dog

9 Years Ago

Any time, friend! That's a good social statement to make. I'll check out my RRs here in a sec and gi.. read more
The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I'm in concordance with you on both of those ideas. I'd love to see others make and live the stateme.. read more
I with you brother!
Damn, you created a masterpiece here that reached the cosmos!
This is beautiful, just ismply beautiful thoughts about life and everything around it
You are one great writer here dude, awesomenesss is not even a word to describe you!

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Well, so far it's gotten 159 views and 16 comments. :) And I don't even know how many reply comments.. read more
Lizardo

9 Years Ago

jajajajaja xD
The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

lolololol XD
Very thorough and thoughtful. I was a bit sceptical on the colour thing but on-line the beauty is that you can do something like this :) Obviously put a lot of work into it, well done! (Personally loved the reference to Skillet as a huge Skillet fanboy)

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Rise is my favorite song by them. Lol, that kind of explains a lot of what this talks about... anywa.. read more
Andrew Williamson

9 Years Ago

I kinda see the connection to Rise now :) I'm more a fan of American Noise but yes I am with you, to.. read more
The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Some things I wish I hadn't done/other things I wish I would/cutting through the American Noise/you'.. read more
This is great :)
I know you said that the colour had a purpose, though I'm still going to state this idea (perhaps you can use it in another work): making a poem out of the isolated colours within the poem ~ poem-seption

"You're not doing so many of those things many of us say we are, but we don't." the "but we don't" at the end doesn't seem to hold anything except for repetition for the next line.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Okay, I'll take out the "but we don't." I will think about doing that, thank you. :) I'm glad you li.. read more
The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I went ahead and got rid of the repetition. :)
I will also join you!
The color was a good idea... I see great potential in your writing...
Great job dude...

C. Lee Battaglia

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I'm glad you will, and thank you. :)
I will join you! Count me in.
The use of colour was a smart choice. I could see the titles of your writings. Clever guy you!
I ♥ it! :P

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Lol, that wasn't exactly what I was asking. XD Although it did cheer me up a little.
Ishita Dixit

9 Years Ago

Mission Accomplished! :D
The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Lol, I still want to know what you think of me though. If you're not comfortable saying it here you .. read more
I liked the use of color. Color create reaction and thoughts. You said a lot and left the reader with many places and thoughts. I did like the question at the end.
"I choose to decide Today I Can and I Choose. I choose to listen to Why Not? I choose to realize we are just Sands. I choose to be Together Forever. I choose to positively see The Sunset. I choose to see The Sunrise. I choose to not see Armageddon. I choose not to have Regrets. I choose to forgive, because that old me is dead and gone. I choose to have people and my gravestone say, "WHAT A LIFE!!!!!" I choose to Live As If I'm Gonna Die. "
I like the above words. You are right. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I'm glad you liked it, and I hope you join me. I don't know if you noticed or not, but a lot of thos.. read more
I like the parts from different songs! It's really cool and unique:)
You did a wonderful job, and this piece was so well written!
Great job, my friend...

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Very very true.
Cool Girl

9 Years Ago

I'm tired... Bye bye
The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Adios .
I like how you used pieces from different writings and songs...that was a cool idea. =) Actually, over the weekend I started a journal about this. The cover page says "Letting Go". I just want to forgive everybody (and myself) and move on. Then I got depressed, because here I am only two days after challenging myself and I'm already back to old habits. But this...this is inspiring. I think I should read it every morning. =)

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

That would be a good idea, lol, Anto said this might make me a cultural personality... I don't know .. read more
luvs2write

9 Years Ago

Yeah, I recognized a lot of the writing =)
The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Glad you did, hope you especially noticed yours. :)
I really like it Res. (just the aquamarine colour I would dump - nearly made me pass out - joking - but would change that one only).
If this was stream of consciousness then you were in tune with some philosophical heavyweights, I feel and also James Dean.
I think this will make you into a cult personality so don't be surprised if people start gathering outside your house after this. Its excellent.
:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I have a non-color version too... and lol, I have favorite quotes by Dean... I don't care if I becom.. read more
ANTO

9 Years Ago

Im too much of a conservative my friend and way past rebelling - but I'll certainly embrace the sent.. read more
The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

That's fine, as long as you embrace them, to truly live. To truly live isn't always to rebel, but so.. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1121 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on February 4, 2015
Last Updated on February 5, 2015

Author

The StoryTeller
The StoryTeller

The place of life and happiness., OH



About
I'm changing my name from The Resilient One to The Storyteller and trying to start fresh... believing in myself, believing in others, making this new personality I want to have... I guess I was alread.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by The StoryTeller



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..