The Talisman

The Talisman

A Story by Warren Daniel II
"

The 2nd generation Gods (The Titans) refuse to step down and allow the 3rd generation Gods (The olympian Gods) to take their rightful place. A great battle breaks loose on Earth.

"
Abandoned land stands alone, a wasteland of fractured door nail soil and perished vegetation. The sky cries cold dark drops from above, a marriage of wind and mist harbour the air, the sound of thunder howling from the heavens. Mountains being devoured by Oceans, volcanoes spewing larva, lakes fractured and brittle, there is a sense of imbalance.

Gaea mother of the Earth steps into the light,her face wrinkled by time, her damaged lips as fractured as the land she stands on. Her eyes tell the story of the genesis, her walking stick almost destroyed, her roman robe dirty and wrinkled. Heavy waves explode onto the shore, dark clouds muster over the oceans, a gust of wind slowly starts to take form around Gaea, it strengthens with overwhelming force creating a tornado around her. Gaea shuts her eyes and slowly levitates, she rises just beneath the clouds and let's out a heart belching scream, her deafening scream trembles the land, her scream continues to electrify the heavens.

Gaea slowly descends, she stomps her walking stick to the land, the Earth is silenced by a single tap. A bright white light shines down from the heavens, nine shadows emerge from the light shape shifting and eventually taking human form. A sinister smile fills Gaes's face, nine Olympian Gods stand before her. Athena a beautiful Goddess armed with a sword and a shield, Apollo armed with a bow and golden arrows of death, behind Apollo stands Ares the God of War fully equipped with black armour and twin blades hand made by the Gods. Behind the pantheon of Gods, levitating is Hera mother of the Gods. Gaea step down, your time has passed says Hera, the time of the titans was then, now and forever.

The Earth trembles, darkness shadows the land. A large dark wave of smoke quickly approaches from behind Gaea, she stomps her walking stick, dust rises into the air. The land becomes vicious, rocks are unearthed a blanket of dust covers the land. The dust settles, twelve titans, 6 on each side stand beside Gaea all dressed in black armour, behind them is an armory of ten thousand warriors. A blade of sunlight pierces through the heavens illuminating the nine Gods, who don't seem shaken by the titans and the large army. The ten thousand man army starts chanting and clanging away at their armour roaring in the thousands, the titans draw their weapons as they get ready for battle.

The titans charge followed by an army moving like a rising tide as they attack. Apollo and Hera take hold of their bows and stand their ground, the seven Gods draw their weapons as they charge against the wave of evil. Apollo and Hera draw their golden arrows of death, the two Gods draw ten arrows at a time and launch them into the sky. The army is showing no signs of rest, the first wave of arrows are taking out numerous soldiers, arrows from Apollo piercing through human flesh like bullets despite dying warriors the assault continues. The Gods crash head on into the wave of titans, a large bang fills the battlefield nearby hills collapsing on impact. Enemy archers open fire towards the Gods, with terrifying speed the Gods quickly evade the wave of arrows with ease.

There is blood everywhere, the battlefield is filled with hacking, gashing swords and clashing shields. The fight between the titans and the Gods rages on, thousands of warriors being killed by golden arrows. Ares with a blade in each hand charges a group of warriors, he stabs one in the gut, another in the neck, he evades a vicious strike and be heads the warriors and continues slaughtering all nearby enemies.

Athena is head to head with two titans, the battle is so fast sparks and five dimensional images of the warriors is all that can be seen, the handicap battle goes on until Athena throws her shield at one of the titans, the raw power of the shield throws the titan into a nearby mountain collapsing it. The Gods are slashing away killing warriors with a simple swing of a blade, a God jumps into the air and squashes a titan with the hammer of the Gods, titans quickly axe down the God, Apollo saves the God by firing piercing arrows to neutralize the titans. Ares charges a sea of warriors running through them with a blade in each hand. The Gods are demolishing the enemy, the warriors decide to retreat

Gaea stands alone not moving a muscle since the battle began, she lifts up her head to witness the chaos which has unfolded thousands of dead bodies scattered across the land. Gaea is furious, she once again stomps her walking stick to the Earth, the Earth trembles, loud snorting and breathing can be heard. Apollo lowers he's bow in shock, five minotaurs approach demolishing everything in their sight, the minotaurs are killing fellow warriors and killing seas of men with a single stomp. Apollo and Hera send a wave of arrows to the beasts which have no effect besides the arrows of Apollo, which pierce the beasts but are not strong enough to kill the monsters.

The Gods are over powered, with ten remaining titans, five minotaurs and two thousand warriors left. Ares and Athena attempt to fight side by side, but it is no use, the Gods are being ravaged across the battle field. A titan launches a spear towards Hera, she's moving at the speed of the Gods evading the spear with ease, the titan launches two more spears, Hera evades and keeps charging, she catapults herself into the air and stabs the titan burying her sword into the titans neck. The Earth trembles the land becomes violent as Hades emerges from the underworld, the ocean becomes restless as the water parts creating a path for Poseidon as he steps out of Atlantic City, thunder electrifies the heavens, the sky rips open a golden ball of fire shoots down to the Earth as Zeus king of the Gods enters the battlefield.

The battlefield is silenced, the titans and the army are in awe as they stare at the mighty three brothers, Gods of the universe. The battle rages on, Poseidon raises he's trident, hundreds of power beams are whistled through the air, hundreds of warriors cry out as the beams connect. The enemy archers send a flood of arrows towards Hades, arrows piercing through the air near him, Hades sprints across the battlefield, no mortal can run with the speed of Hades. Hades leaps over the earth work, enemies scream in terror as they feel the hot burning blades of Hades. Fueled by anger Apollo releases a swarm of death arrows killing enemy warriors on contact.

Hades continues the assault, he ejects a spear with great speed killing five warriors, Hades is slaughtering warriors with ruthless precision, each swing of Hades blade results in a death of a warrior, He let's out a heart belching scream as enemy blood paints he's face. Poseidon glares at a wave of attacking warriors more than eighty feet away, he lifts his trident and launches it with the speed of the Gods, killing twenty men and like a boomerang it maneuvers back into its masters hand. Zeus is head to head with three titans attacking simoltaniously, Zeus evades all enemy strikes, his speed is deadly, he's movements almost lackadaisical as the enemy strikes occupy the air which the ligaments of Zeus once accommodated.

© 2015 Warren Daniel II


Author's Note

Warren Daniel II
I would to apologize in advance for any grammatical errors in advance. The first of many posts, honest thoughts are highly appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I wanted more story. You put a lot in one chapter. You could expand the battle and give some description to the Gods and the Titans. Myth and tale is my favorite. Remember every situation and scene need the who, what, where, why and when to make the place and time come alive. I like the characters and the energy of battle. Thank you for sharing the very good tale.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Warren Daniel II

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reviewing my work. I thought about adding more action, but I feared clustering.. read more
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.



Reviews

I love your description in this story. It creates a really interesting and enthralling scene. Your work is very original and creative.


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Warren Daniel II

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much, your honest opinion is highly appreciated.
You did a fantastic job. Great work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Warren Daniel II

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the review, your honesty is appreciated :)
I loved reading this :) Great job

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Warren Daniel II

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for giving it a look.
I wanted more story. You put a lot in one chapter. You could expand the battle and give some description to the Gods and the Titans. Myth and tale is my favorite. Remember every situation and scene need the who, what, where, why and when to make the place and time come alive. I like the characters and the energy of battle. Thank you for sharing the very good tale.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Warren Daniel II

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reviewing my work. I thought about adding more action, but I feared clustering.. read more
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.
You have a good way with description. It kind if reminds me of a summarized version of Auel's style. It was interesting to read a story referencing the Roman gods. It might have been just me, but it seemed to end sort of abruptly without resolution. If we're meant to assume that they won, you might hint a little harder toward that there at the end. I liked this story; it was a bit without context (being in the middle of an event) but the action was interesting and drew me to the end.

Suggestions:

~ “cries cold dark drops from above, a marriage of” You always want to use a comma between two words used back to back to describe the same thing. It would be “cries cold, dark drops.”
~ “There is blood everywhere, the battlefield” I would use a semi colon here rather than a comma.
~ “creating a path for Poisodeon as he” Poseidon.
~ “thunder electrify's the heavens” Electrifies.
~ “raises he's tridan” His trident.
~ “three titans attacking simontaniously” Simoltaniously.

Nitpicks:

~ “five minotaurs approach demolishing” Gods, titans, and like monsters are common in our culture/ media so we all know what they are, but it wouldn't hurt to spend a little more time physically describing them. It would break up the action a little it.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


Warren Daniel II

9 Years Ago

I highly agree that the ending really did not have a resolution, the story was really a first draft .. read more
Meat of Dog

9 Years Ago

You're welcome! That's cool that it was a screen play! I've tried to write those a few times but the.. read more
Warren Daniel II

9 Years Ago

I wish I could be in novel mode, all my writing revolves around screenplays, that's why they are ver.. read more
I am very interested in mythology so I loved reading this. It is very descriptive and detailed so I could imagine it all as if I were there. Quite tense at times too, very good!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

807 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 10, 2015
Last Updated on February 18, 2015
Tags: Gods, titans, fiction, olympian, Zeus, hades, historical fiction, fighting, battle, war, army


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..