See, Ey, Tea: Cat

See, Ey, Tea: Cat

A Story by YouoweYoupay
"

I was not afraid, because friends should trust one another.

"

 

 

 

SEE, EY, TEA: CAT

 

 

Dunya found me wandering by the pavement. I wasn't really crying. It's what she thought once she heard me calling out for mother. This misunderstanding was delicious though. It left me a few shreds of cooked chicken on the gravel.

 

  After that we became friends. Dunya was unlike any other human-litter, to be honest. She brought red and yellow wool strings from her home everyday and swept them across the ground. Once I had my lethal claws on the strings, she would pull them away. I wondered why. Dunya never spoke to me in a harsh tone or yelled or shooed me from my shaded spot. And she never tried to yank my tail or toss stones at me.

 

  When I bragged to the orphaned kitten sisters that Dunya had called me the name: Hilwa, they warned me about human trickery. One day, the kittens said, she might take a helpless kitten like me away and lock me inside her den to be eaten by her sinister siblings.

 

  I was not afraid, because friends should trust one another. So, I waited for her in the orange sunlight once I heard the quickening sound of her shoes across the street. She held a strange blue item with bells that rang. And it spun in the air and fell further when the huge monster with wheels and a growling sound hit Dunya.

 

  She fell asleep on the gravel and many grief-smelling human adults and their fear-smelling litter came and went and then moved her away.

 

  My mother told me that Dunya would not smell of vanilla biscuits and kindness anymore.

 

  I wondered how long it takes for humans to return from death.

© 2013 YouoweYoupay


Author's Note

YouoweYoupay
*Hilwa حلوة: The cat's name given by the girl actually means: the 'sweet one' in Arabic.
*Dunya دنيا : Literally means 'life' or 'the first world we live in before death'

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a beautiful, tragic story. It was very short, and said so much.

Posted 10 Years Ago


YouoweYoupay

10 Years Ago

Thank you. Tragdey sometimes teaches us to be more grateful and life the moment. Thank you for stopp.. read more
Such a sad, bittersweet story... I love how their names hold greater meaning, and that you tole it from thee cat's perspective. Your storytelling is absolutely beautiful. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


YouoweYoupay

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much. It was a good challenge to accept, trying to see things from a furryball's point .. read more
InsanityWriter

10 Years Ago

It was a pleasure. :)

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

957 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on September 2, 2013
Last Updated on September 3, 2013
Tags: cats, story, kittens, cute, prose, sad, friendship, love, kindness, death, life, lessons, learning, yearning, sorrow, car accidents, afternoon, writing, rain, youoweyoupay

Author

YouoweYoupay
YouoweYoupay

Amman, ..., Jordan



About
"The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms." ~Muriel Rukeyser "There is no one more rebellious or attractive than a person lost in a book." “He allowed himself to be swayed by his con.. more..

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by YouoweYoupay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..